Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 02:24 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,694,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Out of all the representatives in the world, why does Steele share the SAME representative with Putin, the Russian government, and Russian oligarch billionaire Oleg Deripaska? Hmmm???
I think that you are overstating Steele's connection with Waldman, but here's how I'm guessing that pair got together.

Deripaska offered to testify before the SIC, but he demanded legal immunity. (Yes, that raised red flags for me, too.) Waldman was representing Derispaka in that effort, so it's not unreasonable to assume that Steele contacted Waldman, knowing that he was already in communication with the committee. Again, Steele was afraid of his interview being leaked, so he was only going to trust someone outside the investigation, but with access to the investigators. If the interview had been conducted as planned in London, all of the partisans would have received the same documents, hopefully before the press had them.

Steel's caution regarding his safety was warranted, as this article shows.Mystery death of ex-KGB chief linked to MI6 spy's dossier on Donald Trump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2018, 02:30 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Source?
Seriously? Where's any proof whatsoever that any of it is true? There is none.

Old 02-10-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
It doesn't matter. I just said that considering both persons of interest fright over leaks, could be the reason that Warner wasn't ready to put out a memo until he was sure the meeting would occur.
Faulty reasoning. Steele stipulated that a condition of even having the meeting was a bipartisan Committee letter. Warner declined to provide one, or even ask the Committee for one. Hell, the Committee didn't even know he made an attempt to meet with Steele until 6 months after the fact. And he only shared that info then because he knew IG Horowitz had the communications transcript and everyone would find out about it anyway.

Old 02-10-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
I think that you are overstating Steele's connection with Waldman,
I don't. Warner tried to set up a meeting with Steele via Waldman. Why not via anyone else? Why only Waldman, especially since he had been contracted by Fusion GPS to compile the dossier? Why not go through them?

Old 02-10-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I don't. Warner tried to set up a meeting with Steele via Waldman. Why not via anyone else? Why only Waldman?
Congratulations. I seldom use emoticons, and probably never have used this one, but it appears as if you don't read the posts which you are responding to.

Please read my post again, where I suggested an explanation for the Waldman/Steele hook-up.

Old 02-10-2018, 03:24 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,876 times
Quote:
Steele had refused to appear before the SIC, and also had refused to meet with just the Chair and Vice Chair. Sen Burr would not have issued a letter to allow Sen. Warner to meet privately with Steele, as Burr would not have liked this unilateral attempt to interview Steele.
Help me here with a time line.

Steele communicated information to Obama administration July 2016. Did that contact occur directly or indirectly via an agent who also had Russian clients? If so the leak path is clear.

If Sen. Warner made an attempt to reach Steele via this common agent, when? If July 2016, or early August 2016 the path is clear.

Old 02-10-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Help me here with a time line.

Steele communicated information to Obama administration July 2016. Did that contact occur directly or indirectly via an agent who also had Russian clients? If so the leak path is clear.

If Sen. Warner made an attempt to reach Steele via this common agent, when? If July 2016, or early August 2016 the path is clear.
Not sure which leak you're talking about, but maybe this will help.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.9c01d29375a4

Old 02-10-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
This thread is an amusing study in apophenia; but, when I read this post, I laughed so hard I peed my pants a little... Victoria Nuland, new player, hahahaha!
Apophenia*is the spontaneous perception of connections and meaningfulness of unrelated phenomena. The term was coined by German neurologist and psychiatrist Klaus Conrad (1905-1961). Conrad focused on the finding of abnormal meaning or significance in random experiences by psychotic people.

Two Russians on a yacht, an Oligarch and Deputy PM from the Kremlin having a meeting to discuss the American problem and mentioning the name V. Nuland is not exactly a stretch especially since Nuland was given Steele report a few days earlier.

Old 02-10-2018, 03:39 PM

The leak I am addressing is how did two Russians on a yacht in August 2016 know that Victoria Nuland read and believed elements of the dossier in July 2016?

Found a date for the Warner outreach to contact Steele.

""We have so much to discuss u need to be careful but we can help our country," Warner texted the lobbyist, Adam Waldman, on March 22, 2017."

Notice the year.

https://www.spartareport.com/2018/02...say-collusion/

If Steele was using Waldman as his contact to US State Department then Waldman may have been the leak. Otherwise it was someone else. Someone like Blumenthal? Shearer?

Old 02-10-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Congratulations. I seldom use emoticons, and probably never have used this one, but it appears as if you don't read the posts which you are responding to.

Please read my post again, where I suggested an explanation for the Waldman/Steele hook-up.
Right back at you. What you said makes NO sense whatsoever. Steele was contracted via Fusion GPS to write the fake dossier, not Waldman. So why go through Waldman now, especially when Waldman is CLEARLY an agent of Putin, the Russian government, and billionaire Russian oligarchs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies