Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 06:07 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Well, obviously you're sick in the head if you think that's okay...
So, is everybody you disagree with "sick in the head"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2018, 10:36 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
I have a feeling decades into the future, we are going to be apologizing to 'discriminating' against people like this, kind of like how we look back at the times when interracial relationships were taboo and even criminal.

These things all go thru the same steps over time...its outrage and hatred at first, then comes desensitization, toleration, acceptance and eventually celebration.

I think we are in the middle of the desensitization phase now, I can honestly say I am no longer shocked when I hear of relationships involving adults/ teachers and minors, I was at first, but not anymore. I assume there are many other people in the same boat...in short, we are becoming desensitized to it.

Old 02-10-2018, 01:17 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
My first thought was what the hell? But it's an interesting story.

From the NYPost -

"A former teacher in Alabama is fighting for her right to have sex with students.

Charli Jones Parker, 31, was convicted of having intercourse with two male 16-year-old students while she was a teacher at Pickens Academy. Now she wants her case overturned, claiming that a law prohibiting sex with students is unconstitutional, according to Tuscaloosa News."

https://nypost.com/2018/02/07/teache...with-students/

So that sets the table. You'd think the case was a slam dunk but it turns out “Alabama law does not make it a crime for members of other occupations to have consensual sex with 16-, 17- and 18-year-olds, even when there is a position of trust or authority,” said attorney Virginia Buck, according to the newspaper."

So if you were a female accountant having sex with 16 year old boys in Alabama, that's okay. But not teachers. Yes, I get the sacred bond between teacher and student and societal norms...yadda yadda. But on strict legal grounds, she just might have a case.
She has a good case. All that should happen to her is she should be fired. Protest your school if they try to hire her.

Old 02-10-2018, 02:14 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Well, it's the land of Roy Moore. What do you expect?

Ever heard of Mary Kay Letourneau from WA? Sure you have. From Seattle the land of all Democrat all the time. But I am not dumb enough to blame Mary Kay on the libs here.

Old 02-10-2018, 02:19 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Why are so many female teachers having sex with their male students?
What is their mentality?

It's called "feminism." A woman can do anything to any male as long as she claims it's because "she's empowered" and women around the world will rush to her defense. Don't believe me? Look at the replies from females in this thread.

Old 02-10-2018, 02:30 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I think maybe what happens is that girls and women in our society are taught basically that they can do no wrong sexually speaking and there should be no negative consequences to any of their sexual choices. Then you put them in a position where there are consequences and they can't handle it or even fully comprehend it, especially when they are younger.

Tell a 22 year old teacher's assistance that she can't have sex with the sexy 16 year old boy from the football team who's been flirting with her and that's just going to go right over her head. She's used to just saying "who are you to judge?" whenever anyone is inclined to set a sexual boundary for her.
It's THIER body and nobody has the right to tell them what they can or can't do with it AND they are the ones who decide yes or no so...

Old 02-10-2018, 02:30 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
I can understand the zero tolerance argument for teachers and high schoolers, but not criminalization. I generally oppose "zero tolerance" and like to take things on a case by case, local basis and to separate work life and private life. I just don't see these students 16-18 as "victims" and see them as adults for practical purposes and victimizers themselves. In many cases the teacher should be terminated and the student expelled.

Roy Moore was a different situation really. It was a long time ago and he was differently situated. In general I don't care if anyone dates someone above age 16 or the legal age of consent. There's a lot of other things people do that are more concerning.

Old 02-10-2018, 02:33 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
One thought though, she does make a solid argument legally, it'll be interesting what happens. Now if the gender roles were reversed and it was a man teacher with female student either the argument would never be tried or it'd fail miserably before it ever went to jury.

Old 02-10-2018, 02:37 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
It's THIER body and nobody has the right to tell them what they can or can't do with it AND they are the ones who decide yes or no so...
Plus there's another hypocritical feminist dogma, seeing younger women as a threat and that women are probably attracted to youth, that older men are just "creepy" and unattractive, but older and fatter women are the epitome of sexy. Of course by nature this isn't true and when you stand nature on its head as feminism does you might end up with young males pursuing older females and older women pursuing younger males.

Old 02-10-2018, 03:53 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I think we are in the middle of the desensitization phase now, I can honestly say I am no longer shocked when I hear of relationships involving adults/ teachers and minors, I was at first, but not anymore. I assume there are many other people in the same boat...in short, we are becoming desensitized to it.
Good point. I was shocked when I read the original article but even more surprised on rereading when I realized she just might have a case. I don't like it but so what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies