Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 07:07 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Goes to show you how uninformed these hipster, know-it-all millennials really are. They pretend to be "woke" and so politically and socially aware, yet they're clueless.

I criticize both Trump and Obama quite often, but at least I'm informed when giving my opinions. You put a microphone in front of an early 20-something these days and ask them anything politics...they're going to embarrass themselves.
I understand why college students, and young people are clueless about politics. They are busy partying, dating, going to school, and most only can parrot the Progressive crap they here from all sides. However, I do not understand when many Progressive adults do exactly the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2018, 07:21 AM

693 posts, read 357,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I understand why college students, and young people are clueless about politics. They are busy partying, dating, going to school, and most only can parrot the Progressive crap they here from all sides. However, I do not understand when many Progressive adults do exactly the same.

It's not a progressive thing.

News flash.....people are dumb.
It's no different than those videos showing those redneck conservatives talking about hating handouts from democrats....but are on government assistance.

The nonsense is on both sides of the table.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:48 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Reminds me of the Dihydrogen Monoxide bit. Fun.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:31 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,794,120 times
I just love when snippets of quotes are taken out of context and spun into something different. It's deceitful. manipulative, and insidious.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:41 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbernard View Post
Oh look, a video showing that our youth don't know crap from crap, lol.

He could have stopped people in any age group and gotten the same reaction. The point of this isn't to show how uneducated people are about our politicians, since I don't think any of us would remember who said what in these SOTU addresses - it's to highlight the kneejerk responses and immediate criticism of the other guy, even when it was your guy who said it.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:43 PM

693 posts, read 357,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
He could have stopped people in any age group and gotten the same reaction. The point of this isn't to show how uneducated people are about our politicians, since I don't think any of us would remember who said what in these SOTU addresses - it's to highlight the kneejerk responses and immediate criticism of the other guy, even when it was your guy who said it.
True indeed, which is why I mentioned the vids of conservatives doing the same.

Point being, it's something any group would be guilty of doing....yet this thread is trying to push some idea that this is a "progressive" thing.

Old 02-09-2018, 03:20 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,797,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Goes to show you how uninformed these hipster, know-it-all millennials really are. They pretend to be "woke" and so politically and socially aware, yet they're clueless.

I criticize both Trump and Obama quite often, but at least I'm informed when giving my opinions. You put a microphone in front of an early 20-something these days and ask them anything politics...they're going to embarrass themselves.
You are right. It comes down to being informed. To this day, one of the best things I've done is turn the news off and read or listen to the speech itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Sadly there are some who are older that are clueless too. My brother in law is one of them. He got his undies in a wad over something. When I shared with him word for word what was said and also posted the press conference of what was said, he still tried to argue what the media was saying.

Old 02-10-2018, 01:39 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
So what the hell do those in the video have to do with me? Not a damn thing. You all dig up some crap some liberals did somewhere and apply it to all of us, but you have a damn cow if some liberal somewhere does that to you. Hypocrites, all of you.
1) How would we know if it had anything to do with you or not? If you do not feel it applies to you, then it doesn't. Just like I used to get bent when people said anyone who voted for Trump is a racist inbred. Then it was broadened to apply to anyone who didn't support Hillary. I know I'm not part of that generalization, so now if I give any thought at all to comments like that at all, it's to chuckle at how clueless so many people are.

2) This isn't something "dug up". This is what is happening all over the country - open your ears and open your mind. It does deserve dialogue, and the individuals in the video prove that, by their reactions once the truth is revealed.

3) With your comment, "hypocrites, all of you"...you are doing the very thing you say you don't like done to you. How about considering that there are far more of us in the middle than you will acknowledge. And we aren't so quick to buy either side. But we are paying attention, and what you see and hear in this video is what we see and hear in real life, amongst friends, family, coworkers, community. One by one, people are waking up from the trance they've been under. It's ok not to go along with everything the cool crowd dictates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies