Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 12:20 AM

23,173 posts, read 12,286,098 times

Advertisements

If he's in Monterey, he's still up to no good.

If he was in China, too bad so sad for him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2018, 06:23 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,690,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
If you felt completely secure about Obama's past deeds and Hillary's past deeds, there would be no reason for you to care how many times either of them is brought up.

(And I'm neither a Republican nor a Democrat, and didn't vote for Trump nor Hillary).

I'm not sure what that statement even means, but let me put your mind to rest. I, and probably a lot of people are VERY comfortable and secure about how Obama left that office. He conducted himself with dignity, honor, and he put in a lot of hard work and made some very tough, intelligent decisions.

I remember the boarded up businesses that were closing at an alarming rate, and how dismal the job market was......unemployment going through the roof. Over a lot of controversy, he bailed out Chrysler, to save that company and thousands of jobs, and Chrysler paid us back before it was due and with interest.

Obama is still respected here and abroad, unlike the horse's ass now keeping the oval office chair warm. All that Trump has accomplished is improving his golf score and turning the rest of the world against us. We never bring Obama up because he has done his job and is now retired. Only your side seems to keep bringing him up, and the reason is quite obvious. Just more of the same to try to deflect attention away from the circus being run in DC every day for the past year.

Old 02-09-2018, 06:26 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,491,059 times
He is right here.
https://youtu.be/aBr2kKAHN6M

Old 02-09-2018, 06:29 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,288,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
He and Holder are feverishly working on Gerry Mandering issues.
True and Holder was just on MSNBC yesterday doing an interview about their behind the scenes work.

Old 02-09-2018, 06:30 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,593,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I thought he and holder were coming after Trump and Republicans?
What happened to the Obama Foundation?
His big Library plans in Chicago are put on hold.

My bet he has lawyered up and crawled under a rock.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...k-obama-234414

What a difference a year makes.
Holder was a guest on cable news yesterday. I had it muted and don't know what he had to say.

Obama Foundation is alive and well.

Library plans are not on hold. As is too common in Chicago, there is public pushback on the design, size, traffic, parking and digital vs paper records. Director George Lucas abandoned his plan to create a Star Wars Museum in Chicago due to the never ending public whining. If the noise persists, I hope Obama takes it to Hawaii.

The headline of your link says Obama will selectively weigh- in.

Looks like he is in Monteray for an ATT Leadership Conference.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02/...s-in-monterey/

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 02-09-2018 at 06:39 AM..

Old 02-09-2018, 06:38 AM

8,076 posts, read 10,031,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post

President Obama is thinking....why go after Trump?...I'll just wait until he self-implodes!

I had the same question, so I asked him directly.

He firmly believes that the "system" will work. That our nation has endured through this, and worse. Either our Constitution functions and the scourge is eradicated, or we fail. Nothing he can do, in spite of our wish to have him go in and quickly set things straight once again, can be any stronger than what our Nation collectively can do.

So he leaves The Donald to his space and believes good will prevail over evil. It seems to be taking a long time (too long), but little by little the Donald is burying himself and headed on a sure path to self destruction. Pray god he doesn't take he Nation with him.

Old 02-09-2018, 06:45 AM

5,252 posts, read 6,177,358 times
The only ex-President I recall ever weighing in that much on the current President is Clinton. All the others leave a professional distance or release statements only when one of their signature items/decisions is front and center. Often their thoughts are forwarded by former advisers. So if James Baker or Scowcroft were giving comment on foreign/military matters it was taken as a de facto statement from the Bush team.

An active Obama could mean working on his issues either through various foundations/boards or by pairing up with businesses/philanthropies. This would be similar to Carter doing humanitarian work and election monitoring through the Carter Center or UN. I think people are entirely too caught up in R/D divides to understand that Obama speaking out or trying to further an issue can be entirely unrelated to Trump.

Old 02-09-2018, 06:56 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,690,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
The only ex-President I recall ever weighing in that much on the current President is Clinton. All the others leave a professional distance or release statements only when one of their signature items/decisions is front and center. Often their thoughts are forwarded by former advisers. So if James Baker or Scowcroft were giving comment on foreign/military matters it was taken as a de facto statement from the Bush team.

An active Obama could mean working on his issues either through various foundations/boards or by pairing up with businesses/philanthropies. This would be similar to Carter doing humanitarian work and election monitoring through the Carter Center or UN. I think people are entirely too caught up in R/D divides to understand that Obama speaking out or trying to further an issue can be entirely unrelated to Trump.

You are absolutely correct. Under normal circumstances, a President leaves and takes up knitting, never to be heard from again. But these are as far away from normal circumstances as a person can get. Not just Obama, but other politicians, reporters, TV hosts, and everyday citizens feel compelled to speak out against the man who is Hellbent on lining his pockets at our expense, and who doesn't have a clue about what he is doing.

Obama is simply a man who loves America, and who wants to do his part in keeping it safe and secure.

Old 02-09-2018, 06:59 AM

34,172 posts, read 18,471,987 times
He's with his BF David Branson doing God knows what.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:30 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,179,382 times
Why does he care about anything? He's rich and getting paid for life. If it was me, I would disappear as much as I could too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies