Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 09:05 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
When I first chanced upon Diamond & Silk, I thought they were comedians parodying the right wing. I had no idea people took them seriously, as they were so cringingly stereotyped, completely over the top, and lacking in any nuance.

I suppose you could term them "harmless", as they are so blatant and their message is so easily proven to be false.

But alas, they are serious. And not all their viewers engage in fact-checking, it seems.

I find it hard to comprehend why two mature adult American women of color would engage in such behavior, and have to wonder who signs their paychecks.

I also wonder how they can sleep at night.

Does that make them dangerous?
I don't think they are dangerous?
Why Censor them? What harm can them speaking cause? They are funny, entertaining and have the thoughts of everyday Americans on their tongues. No difference than us expressing how we feel emotionally here. Only they do it on Youtube. No one is force to watch them, they would trend, because they were popular. Not anymore. Youtube hides and punishes them for their stuff and all Conservative messages on Youtube(Google)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2018, 09:07 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So, you agree there is a massive push to censor & punish anything remotely conservative on the internet.

If you can go to their WEBSITE (on the Internet) and DOWNLOAD it (again, "on the Internet") then no. If what you were suggesting was true, Gab would not be online (on the Internet).

Old 02-09-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Google is not the internet. It is a business that operates in some ways on the internet, just like GAB is a business that operates on the internet.

Walmart is not required to carry every product on the market in their store, and neither is Google.
So, you agree there is a massive push to censor & punish anything remotely conservative on the internet.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Does that make them dangerous?
I don't think they are dangerous?
Why Censor them? What harm can them speaking cause? They are funny, entertaining and have the thoughts of everyday Americans on their tongues. No difference than us expressing how we feel emotionally here. Only they do it on Youtube. No one is force to watch them, they would trend, because they were popular. Not anymore. Youtube hides and punishes them for their stuff and all Conservative messages on Youtube(Google)
So you still watch them, yes?

Old 02-09-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
If you can go to their WEBSITE (on the Internet) and DOWNLOAD it (again, "on the Internet") then no. If what you were suggesting was true, Gab would not be online (on the Internet).
Why would the App Stores not allow a competing app to twitter?
I can go straight to Brietbart and Daily Caller too.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:11 AM

Just went over to Youtube and found a crapload of Diamond & Silk videos

Old 02-09-2018, 09:12 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
GAB is on the internet. Right now you can go download it and use it on the internet. No marketplace is required to carry all merchandise so Google is not required to sell it in their app store, just like Walmart is not required to carry mink coats or used cars in their store. They do not offer those items, but they are still available in the marketplace from other vendors.

You can right now start a site on the internet, you can create an app and offer it for sale, but you can not make shops carry your item for sale.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:12 AM

Just went over to World Net Daily (conservative site) and from what I can tell it is fully live (not censored)

Old 02-09-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
So you still watch them, yes?
How I found them, is no longer available. Someone has taken it upon themselves to think for me. I might like to see what is going viral. Instead of hiding it.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:14 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Why would the App Stores not allow a competing app to twitter?
I can go straight to Brietbart and Daily Caller too.
Why can't I get a Big Mac at taco bell?
Why can't I get a new Chevy at a Ford dealership?
Why can't I buy a TV at a clothing store?

Because no store is required to carry all merchandise available in the marketplace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies