Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 08:12 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Why not? You got Islam parading as a religion when it is nothing more than a political ideology.
Why isn't being a Republican, a Democrat, Libertarian, Green, Black, Blue Party, or no party affiliation, not considered a religion, a belief, an ideology that is worshiped and preached.

Can you consider Political Parties no different than religion?

Just like Holy Wars, there are civil battles in beliefs, that can get bloody.

Old 02-09-2018, 08:15 AM

5,301 posts, read 2,352,808 times
Politics often replaces religion for people who are supposedly atheists. It's not like it's a conscious thing, but there are a lot of parallels. That's why it's the Godvernment.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:59 AM

7,770 posts, read 6,376,660 times
There are people of different religions or no religion in the different parties.

Islam is a mental disease, they don't tolerate people of different religions.

Old 02-11-2018, 09:07 AM

24,458 posts, read 17,203,514 times
I don't know if political parties can be compared to religions but they can be compared to illness.

We all get a bit of a cold now and again but for some they really get sick like those that lean too far to the Left or Right in their politics.

On the Right we have the climate change deniers that will yell and scream and get physical if someone challenges them about their denials.

On the Left we have a real problem in what has become known as "Trump Derangement Syndrome". This disease has had seemingly normal people screaming at the sky and having mental breakdowns while they scurry to a safe place. We have also seen cases where they have destroyed public and private property in their childish rages.
They are the ones that believe every negative anti Trump piece of gossip that is thrown at them and they eat it up to feed their hate. They believe that Trump is Hitler and he wants to destroy the world. They have a real problem.

I guess in a way the people that suffer from the "Trump Derangement Syndrome" practice a sort of religion but I would call it more of a cult that is spreading like a virus.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:01 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damba View Post
ROTFL

How’s that sixth grade education level working out for you? Your lack of knowledge and overt ignorance is glaring.

There are bad actors involved with all religions.
So too "there are bad actors involved with all political ideologies".

Old 02-11-2018, 10:02 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Yes.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:16 AM

5,101 posts, read 2,047,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Politics often replaces religion for people who are supposedly atheists. It's not like it's a conscious thing, but there are a lot of parallels. That's why it's the Godvernment.
"Godvernment", I like that name-game.

It won't be long before someone do a prayer to government like Butters in South Park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_0F6v1_iy4

Old 02-11-2018, 10:21 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times
Given the cult-like worship of Trump and what I've seen from countless right-wingers (and a few on the left) over the years, I would say it is fair to compare religions and political parties. Sadly, political parties generally embody the WORST aspects of religion: fact-free belief that one is "right" and everyone else is "wrong," intolerance of anyone who's different, and idol worship / personality cults.

Trumpers are a classic example. Nearly every one of them that I've met is also very "religious" in a stereotypical, right-wing way. We all know the drill: they think they are special compared to everyone else in God's eyes, their religion is the only right one, people of various different religions are all going to hell, etc. It is extremely easy to see how that mindset can be copy-pasted right onto their political beliefs: their party really cares about them specifically, their party is the only right one, everyone who's in a different party "hates America" and is going to hell, etc.

It's all just another form of primitive tribalism anyway, and laughably inappropriate for this nation.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:34 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't know if political parties can be compared to religions but they can be compared to illness.

We all get a bit of a cold now and again but for some they really get sick like those that lean too far to the Left or Right in their politics.

On the Right we have the climate change deniers that will yell and scream and get physical if someone challenges them about their denials.

On the Left we have a real problem in what has become known as "Trump Derangement Syndrome". This disease has had seemingly normal people screaming at the sky and having mental breakdowns while they scurry to a safe place. We have also seen cases where they have destroyed public and private property in their childish rages.
They are the ones that believe every negative anti Trump piece of gossip that is thrown at them and they eat it up to feed their hate. They believe that Trump is Hitler and he wants to destroy the world. They have a real problem.

I guess in a way the people that suffer from the "Trump Derangement Syndrome" practice a sort of religion but I would call it more of a cult that is spreading like a virus.
You talk about going too far left or right then go off into a far right rant.

Get real. It's not a disease, cancer is a disease. Just like you folks on here saying that liberalism is a mental disorder. B.S. You don't like people that think something different than you, that's all there is to it.

Aren't you the one starting "I fear I might be triggered by the Olympics"? Talk about needing a safespace.

Why can't trumpers handle criticism on their Dear Leader? Isn't that rather snowflaky? It really seems like those on the far right/the base/Always Trumpers are the one who are deranged. You have to be to not recognize the levels of hypocrisy. When in your eyes he can do no wrong, that is blind worship. The "Deep State" is out to get us, it's those darn Obama hold out, and those dang libruls! It's always something, never you, or Trumps fault.

Just like those on the far left that get triggered by criticism and need safe spaces, it seems like those on the far right might have a lot more in common with those on the far left, than they think. It's put on display on CD everyday.

It's no wonder some see politics as a religion, there are a lot of similarities in their followers.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:37 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
We have the inverse. Religions that are actually political parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies