Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 04:01 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,568,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
people who suffer panic attacks on airplanes shouldn't fly.
People who suffer panic attacks on an airplane should get a prescription for Xanax. It works. Enough with the emotional support animals.

Old 02-09-2018, 04:09 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,745,052 times
Disposable support animals....

Old 02-09-2018, 04:24 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,881,037 times
IMO if you need an "Emotional Support Animal" in order to deal with flying, you have NO business being on a passenger aircraft. Find other means. These animals are becoming a real pain in the arse to deal with more and more on the job.

Old 02-09-2018, 04:51 PM

25,728 posts, read 16,348,964 times
These kids need stint in the Marines or Army.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:00 PM

20,222 posts, read 19,775,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Oh, don't worry - by about 10 posts in, we'll get some joker trying to blame this on "Trump," whining about "snowflakes needing hamsters for support," or claiming that if Obama had touched the dead hamster, it would have returned to life and voted Democrat. Lower your expectations, and you won't be disappointed around here.
That knife cuts both ways here on CD.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:00 PM

11,906 posts, read 5,532,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Yeah, I'm not buying this story either. Too much doesn't make logical sense, not to much does anyways when dealing with people like this. First off, I love my pets very much and there is absolutely no way I'd kill one just to fly on a plane. And I'm sure those out there who love animals too would agree. If this hamster was in fact for her "emotional support", there is absolutely no way she'd choose to kill it or set it free. Furthermore, I would think those working for the airlines on the plane would set the animal in some place on the plane in it's carrier. I had something I couldn't take on the plane once and one of the stewardesses brought it into the cockpit where it was for the duration of the flight until landing.

I think the real deal is, this chick wanted to bring her pet hamster but for whatever reason couldn't. It was easiest just to get rid of it so she doesn't miss her flight. No emotional support, plain and simple.

Like I was in a restaurant back a year or so ago and some chick brought her two dogs into the place. The owner told her to get them out but she refused saying they were emotional support animals. He threatened to call the police so she left with the dogs. In her case, she just didn't want to leave them at home, in the car, tied up outside, etc. Basically the chick didn't want to be inconvenienced by having to do something responsible with her dogs, so she just said they are emotional support animals and tried to bring them in the restaurant.

No difference from this chick with the hamster. Basically just wanted to bring it on the plane, didn't want any part in being responsible and going through the process of having it properly transported, that would have cost her time and money.

Hot chick though. I'd wish she'd use my tongue for some of her "emotional support". What is it with a lot of these lib chicks. Hot as hell, but dingbatty upstairs.
I called out a fellow liberal earlier in this thread for politicizing this. Now it's your turn.

This is not about liberal or conservative. It's about animal cruelty, plain and simple. If someone told me to flush a live animal down the toilet, I would tell them to pound sand and then insist on speaking with their supervisor. Having said that, I think there are way too many people abusing the entire "support animal" concept. It makes it very hard for folks who have a legitimate need, like those with actual, trained service animals, or people with PTSD.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:05 PM

11,906 posts, read 5,532,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
From the looks of it (and, sorry here, but Pebbles did fit down the toilet), this was a miniature hamster.

My daughter has this little pouch that she carries hers around in. Wears it around her neck.

Hamsters are nocturnal and don't make any noise.

Heck, that woman could have WORN the hamster onto the plane.

I have to admit that the most disturbing image would be my daughter's absolute horror at her hamster - Sammy - going down a toilet. THAT would be trauma. No way could she have done that.

Probably won't share this story with her.
I thought of this, too. I knew a girl years ago who had a pet rat she took literally everywhere with her. Most people had no idea she had it. I wouldn't advise trying to smuggle anything on a plane, live or otherwise, but if she was THAT determined to keep Pebbles with her...then again, clearly she was not.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:32 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,559,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
IMO if you need an "Emotional Support Animal" in order to deal with flying, you have NO business being on a passenger aircraft. Find other means. These animals are becoming a real pain in the arse to deal with more and more on the job.
"Emotional support" from a rodent? And did this idiot even consider how high altitude travel would affect a hamster? What if the GD thing got lose, just to be squished by the beverage cart?

Old 02-09-2018, 07:33 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,714,499 times
That [w]itch.

She's "considering suing" the airlines? SHE should be charged with animal abuse. In her own words, the poor little thing was terrified. Thanks to HER.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:39 PM

25,728 posts, read 16,348,964 times
It probably survived the flush and got eaten alive by rats. Nice girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies