Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 02:13 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I could have suggested two or three more shadings in any of the answers they had. This is a simplistic poll on a good day.
I'm a Russian bot. My result was "Putin's tool".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2018, 02:23 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,616 times
This is one gives results on spectrum versus a specific designation.

Political Spectrum Quiz Results

Old 02-09-2018, 04:00 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
This is one gives results on spectrum versus a specific designation.

Political Spectrum Quiz Results
It was much better than the other one. Still not perfect though.

Your Compass:

You are a far-right social libertarian.
Right: 10, Libertarian: 10

Old 02-09-2018, 04:32 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,093,969 times
I tried to take this, but the first question has two false choices.

Why does helping the needy instantly mean going deeper into debt? Maybe we could trim the fat in the defense budget. An audit of just ONE dept in the pentagon recently revealed they've lost $800M! You telling me we can't feed or help our poor people with the money they lost?!

Balderdash

Old 02-09-2018, 04:39 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I was surprised at my result and you might be, too. Some questions may not have easy answers so choose the one that fits better.

Political Typology Quiz | Pew Research Center
Really, you were surprised at the result? They may as well have had people click L for Liberal and C for Conservative 17 times rather than bother with such simplistic questions.

I'll have to try the other one that was linked when I have more time.

Old 02-09-2018, 04:40 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Your Compass

You are a left moderate social libertarian.
Left: 4.38, Libertarian: 3.48

Interesting. Not far off the standard Democrat

Old 02-09-2018, 04:42 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Really, you were surprised at the result? They may as well have had people click L for Liberal and C for Conservative 17 times rather than bother with such simplistic questions.

I'll have to try the other one that was linked when I have more time.
Not very nuanced but I did not come out L or C.

Old 02-09-2018, 04:49 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,111,688 times
Core Conservatives here, as well.

Old 02-09-2018, 04:57 PM

13,654 posts, read 9,714,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
I tried to take this, but the first question has two false choices.
Most choices in such quizzes are facile simplifications, resulting in weird outcomes. As happened to so many others in this thread, my outcome is "core conservative", even - as, again, so many others in this thread - I'm more centrist/RINO.

Take for example this question: "Government often does a better job than people give it credit for."

First, this sentence is stylistically poor. It should instead be written, "The government often does a better job, than that for which people give it credit." Second, it is sloppy in its logic. If out of 1000 instances the government does the level of job commensurate with expectations 300 times, fails expectations 500 times, and exceeds expectations 200 times, then it is simultaneously true, that the government is most of the time a failure - and yet, "often does a better job than most people give it credit for".

With those momentous matters resolved, we move to the main point: the modern reputation of government is so horrendously low, that even with the government that we have being as dysfunctional as it is, it happens to be the case, that said government more often than not, exceeds its reputation. But that's not a statement of faith in government. It merely means that the populace so intensely hates government, that its hatred has become excessive. Were this question to have been asked, say, 30 years ago, I'd likely have given the opposite answer... not because we had a better government, but because we had a less cynical populace.

Old 02-09-2018, 04:58 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I was surprised at my result and you might be, too. Some questions may not have easy answers so choose the one that fits better.

Political Typology Quiz | Pew Research Center

Interesting....
This one gave me solid liberal.
Second Political Spectrum gave me center-left social moderate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies