Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 09:14 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Last time there was a balanced budget was under Clinton. But you knew that. Not mentioning it well that made you a sh@@
Clinton never had a balanced budget.

And most republicans are not conservatives. They are RINO at best. Really they are just a bit less leftist/marxist than the Dems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2018, 09:16 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,490,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Clinton never had a balanced budget.

And most republicans are not conservatives. They are RINO at best. Really they are just a bit less leftist/marxist than the Dems.
So you belong to a non-existent fictional political group. Good luck with that.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:29 PM

30,350 posts, read 19,122,995 times
Quote:
Last time there was a balanced budget was under Clinton. But you knew that. Not mentioning it well that made you a sh@@
Yes, we had a Republican Congress, that's the key. But you knew that. Not mentioning it well that made you a sh@@

Old 02-09-2018, 09:34 PM

37,164 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
I know that republicans have been much bigger spenders than democrats for the last couple decades... but now, in a really good groove with low unemployment and nice corporate earnings and low inflation, a republican president with a pub controlled congress passes a 10 year bill with $1 trillion in annual deficit spending. Are pubs done with restraint? Has Trump beaten the fiscal conservative out of conservative? Does that mean pubs are left only with social conservatism i.e., spend all you want, but no sex, no drugs, no rock and roll, and no colored people?
When were the republicans ever fiscal conservatives, much less deficit hawks? Every time the republicans have been in power since Eisenhower they have run up debts with no thought whatsoever about repaying them. The most conservative president we've had since the 50s is Bill Clinton. W spent everything Clinton saved and put three wars on American Express for your grandchildren to worry about.

The current crop may finish what Reagan started and bankrupt the country completely. Donnie know how to do the paperwork already, though, so at least we have that...

Last edited by cuebald; 02-09-2018 at 09:52 PM..

Old 02-09-2018, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yes, we had a Republican Congress, that's the key. But you knew that. Not mentioning it well that made you a sh@@

Yes I did. But leadership counts.

Who do you give more credit to the leader or the follower? Seems to me with a GOP in Potus and GOP majority in senate and house we should have historic changes wake me when that happens. One year in and we are still waiting,

Or did I miss something? GOP failing to deliver yet again.
'

Old 02-09-2018, 09:39 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,559,342 times
Why do Dems no longer care about civil rights?

Old 02-09-2018, 09:41 PM

They do. Why do conservative still not understand what civil rights are? Are the just stupid?

Old 02-09-2018, 09:42 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Wasteful spending? Start with the military. As ex-military I can attest to that. The 25 dollar screw driver is a product of DOD contractors.

There is a stupid mentality that the military has no waste and the military can not be criticized. B.S. Massive waste.

And yes we have waste in social programs like Medicaid, and that needs to be reigned I In too.
I blame the doctors wanting to get paid. They preform tests and procedures on seniors that they don't need. They wanted to give my 90 year old dad a colonoscopy. Why? He said no way but most would probably go along with what their doctor said.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I blame the doctors wanting to get paid. They preform tests and procedures on seniors that they don't need. They wanted to give my 90 year old dad a colonoscopy. Why? He said no way but most would probably go along with what their doctor said.

So you just glossed over the whole DOD contractors raping the government angle. Have fun in your fantasy land.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:49 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
So you just glossed over the whole DOD contractors raping the government angle. Have fun in your fantasy land.
No fantasy land when you have doctors ordering tests that seniors don't need. Yes, medicare needs to be reigned in because doctors abuse it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies