Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 07:29 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times

Advertisements

LMAO @ "Junior" #6 picture. Kinda stands out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2018, 07:35 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
I don't believe the argument that the drug trade in Mexico is just about a lack of economic opportunity or the profit motive. I believe some in the cartels are trying to kill Americans with narcotics because they hate Americans.
I can't find it but there is a quote from Pablo Escobar that basically states he would bring the US down with cocaine.

Old 02-10-2018, 07:41 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
I don't believe the argument that the drug trade in Mexico is just about a lack of economic opportunity or the profit motive. I believe some in the cartels are trying to kill Americans with narcotics because they hate Americans.
No. It's all about the money.

Nobody kills their customer on purpose. Would you?

Old 02-10-2018, 07:49 AM

2,920 posts, read 1,985,284 times
Massive campaign needs to be in place to warn and educate those who take drugs what fentanyl is doing to those who use it illegally. Some don't even know its being added to other drugs they are taking to make it more powerful. Yes, I realize most people have heard about it, but too many are ignoring what's happening to their fellow illegal drug users, or they are just unaware.

The reason I say that is because it's going to be nearly impossible to stop the flow of fentanyl. Two Chinese men have been indicted for sending large quantities into the U.S. from China, but likely will not be sent here to stand trial because China and the U.S. don't have an extradition treaty. Add to that the fentanyl being produced in other countries, it'll be impossible to stop it coming into the country. We need to get our people to stop taking the drugs that are laced with it.

A couple of articles on the case I've mentioned:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justi...-manufacturers

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...s-wanted-by-us

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...anted-kingpins

Old 02-10-2018, 08:20 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Fentanyl is not junk. Every surgery patient in the world gets fentanyl for their surgery. It is a great drug, but it is dangerous if misused. A nonprofessional has no business administering it. It is extremely easy to overdose.

I feel your pain regarding your governor. Our new governor in NJ is a democrat that ran on making NJ a sanctuary state. Most people in NJ don’t want this, but they voted for him anyway. Go figure.
Lol, nothing more dangerous than a triggered anesthesiologist.

Old 02-10-2018, 10:14 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
LMAO @ "Junior" #6 picture. Kinda stands out.
He must be the master mind.

Old 02-10-2018, 10:22 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
This is nothing but a brainwashing game, they made a point of saying it was enough of the drug to kill every single person in one state...well duh, yes, if they all took large enough doses of it, yes it would, but many other things would also kill everyone in the state if they were abused, so its illogical to even say that.

Remember that Law enforcement involved in the drug war, are obviously going to make it appear they are out to protect public health and safety, but this was never the intention of drug laws to begin with and is still not today.

Unfortunately I predict many people will allow themselves to be further brainwashed/ conditioned by incidents like this.

Old 02-10-2018, 10:25 AM

90 posts, read 136,431 times
Quote:

Yes, it takes a special kind of evil too sell Fentanyl, never mind enough to take out an entire state

Why would they bother? They could easily make money on all the other drugs.

Old 02-10-2018, 10:33 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightblue View Post
Yes, it takes a special kind of evil too sell Fentanyl, never mind enough to take out an entire state

Why would they bother? They could easily make money on all the other drugs.
Maybe it takes a special kind of evil to sell fentanyl, but it takes a special kind of stupid to take it. You can arrest all the dealers you want, but it will never stop the supply as long as there is a demand.

Old 02-10-2018, 10:34 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
This is nothing but a brainwashing game, they made a point of saying it was enough of the drug to kill every single person in one state...well duh, yes, if they all took large enough doses of it, yes it would, but many other things would also kill everyone in the state if they were abused, so its illogical to even say that.

Remember that Law enforcement involved in the drug war, are obviously going to make it appear they are out to protect public health and safety, but this was never the intention of drug laws to begin with and is still not today.

Unfortunately I predict many people will allow themselves to be further brainwashed/ conditioned by incidents like this.
Brainwashed that street Fentanyl is bad and dangerous? That's ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies