Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2018, 08:32 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I'll watch the reruns if Lindsey Vonn skis into a tree.
She will do a "Sonny Bono".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2018, 10:09 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
And if a competitor from USA stated that he/she was not competing for Obama during his administration, you would have been okay with that as well?
I would roll my eyes & be like "give me a break". Not wish for their death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I'll watch the reruns if Lindsey Vonn skis into a tree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
She will do a "Sonny Bono".

Old 02-11-2018, 12:15 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
If Pence was against white straight women, I wouldn't meet with him either. As a matter of fact, I probably wouldn't even shake his hand now because of his statements against gay people.

You say politicize. I say standing up for yourself and not acting like everything is a-okay.
But you do like to meet someone who paid to falsify evidence to get a warrant under false pretenses and a person who sexual assaulted women?

Old 02-11-2018, 07:13 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
What a bunch of cranks! Some of you need to get a grip, sit back and watch a curling match or two to learn about teamwork. Witness the joy of 17-year-old boy winning a gold medal. Appreciate the strength and stamina of the people competing in the biathlon, and the balance and quick reaction times of the slalom skiiers.

And those of you wishing harm on athletes or anyone else involved with the Olympics, shame on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Anyone who has ever watched any olympics should know that politics are part of it, for better or worse. If you think this is somehow the first time, you have to have been living under a rock.
Good point. Way back to the 1936 Olympics in Berlin, and just about every Olympic competition since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I was thinking that about Katie Couric as I was watching last night. I wondered how she ever made it as a broadcaster...her voice is not very good at all.
How old are you, 12? Because if you were an adult who pays attention to the world around you, you'd be familiar with her many qualifications and deep experience.

Old 02-12-2018, 04:26 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
And if a competitor from USA stated that he/she was not competing for Obama during his administration, you would have been okay with that as well?
:sigh:

Yes, I would have been. Rights are rights no matter the president.

Old 02-12-2018, 04:28 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
But you do like to meet someone who paid to falsify evidence to get a warrant under false pretenses and a person who sexual assaulted women?
I don't know what you're playing at, but the false assumptions are ridiculous. Even more telling is that your side defends pedophiles, domestic abusers, liars, and quite possibly traitors but then try claiming some moral high ground because someone cheated on his wife. GMAB

Old 02-12-2018, 04:29 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
:sigh:

Yes, I would have been. Rights are rights no matter the president.
An interesting look at the mindset of some people.

They are so partisan, they can't imagine others are not

Old 02-12-2018, 04:42 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Since TVs are for console gaming, no. But I wish our Olympians well.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:24 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
:d
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
since tvs are for console gaming, no. But i wish our olympians well.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:34 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
We didn't have to wait long for the politics to spoil the Team USA victories. Rippon had to open his mouth and 'rip' the Trump Administration as being "homophobic," and for that reason he has said he will skip the White House reception in protest.

Dishonoring his country and our President in that way at a world event like the Olympics should be cause to have his medal revoked. He doesn't deserve it.

So disgusted!

Still wondering on what basis he calls the Administration, "homophobic?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies