Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 02:45 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,745,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
I didn’t vote for Clinton or Trump.

My statement about Trump is based on talking with so many people who voted in this election. Many I have spoken to who voted for Trump are regretting it. I have family members that voted for him who wish they could take it all back. I have coworkers who voted for him and wish they too could take it back. Just listening to people talk about Trump, it’s clear that more and more people are unhappy with him. I don’t care what his approval ratings are (based on some poll that I have no idea who or how it is made). I just know that based on what I hear...people are unhappy.
I don't know one person who voted for Trump who regrets it but I know a few who voted for Hillary who are now glad she didn't win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2018, 02:52 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,710,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
The far-right blindly supports a man-child in Trump who they wouldn't have trusted with their money, house, or wife a few years ago. They don't believe in science or facts, hate anyone who's different, and back up most of their "reasoning" with nutty conspiracy theories, obviously partisan crap they "found on the internet," double-standards, or appealing to buffet-style religious quotes.

They are in no position to accuse anyone else of "lunacy."
<snicker>... got to love when a leftist tells us how they think we think.

Old 02-10-2018, 03:20 PM

195 posts, read 177,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The liberal lunacy in the video involves the actual statistics of police violence towards black Americans, and those statistics not justifying the outrage of groups like Black Lives Matter. But still in America there is racial discrimination involving jobs, pay, profiling and prison, and there are lots of issues that justify anger from black Americans.

And the video did a good job of exposing it. But what is worse liberal lunacy or conservative lunacy?

Conservative lunacy involves spending more on the military than the next 7 most powerful countries combined, doing tax cuts that raise workers income by 0.8% and raise the richest 0.1% of Americans income by 14.2%, desiring cuts to Social Security and Medicare to pay for tax cuts for the richest 0.1% of Americans, desiring deregulation that will give millions of Americans cancer, covering up deficits created by republicans and then blaming the deficits on democrats, giving republican presidents credit for falling unemployment rates that were falling 6 years before they became president, or giving republican presidents credit for a rising stock market and then blaming a liberal conspiracy when it falls.

Larry Elder made some powerful points about the reality of the facts surrounding groups like BLM, but still these groups have much to logically complain about. But conservative lunacy has no logic other than increasing the profits for the CEO's and large corporations that fund the republican party.
The bold quote is why there will always be perpetual victimhood among certain Black Americans.

It feels great to place blame at the feet of others for you're own bad decisions and failures.

I so want to post evidence of my salary but I know it ultimately won't really prove my point (I'm doing better than most White people in this country). I was a troubled teen from a single parent household, that was able to do a complete 180 from a juvenile delinquent to a relatively successful adult. It was made possible by the opportunities available to me in this country and my conscious decision to make something of myself.

I've only ever worked for White business owners and my race has never been an impediment to reaching my career goals. I learned what marketable skills were worth my time/interest and didn't look back. I didn't land every job I applied for but I was disciplined and persistent.

This is truly common sense stuff; meaning I did what most everyone who wants to succeed does to get ahead.

I of course love Larry Elder. Wish I had a father like him in my life when I was a boy.

Old 02-10-2018, 06:43 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,651,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanezguitar View Post
The bold quote is why there will always be perpetual victimhood among certain Black Americans.
Conservatives make some excellent points about black America like perpetual victimhood, ex.ex.

Quote:
It feels great to place blame at the feet of others for you're own bad decisions and failures.

I so want to post evidence of my salary but I know it ultimately won't really prove my point (I'm doing better than most White people in this country). I was a troubled teen from a single parent household, that was able to do a complete 180 from a juvenile delinquent to a relatively successful adult. It was made possible by the opportunities available to me in this country and my conscious decision to make something of myself.
Every person has their own special talents and abilities, and perhaps 50%-75% of people have the ability to do what you did (but not everyone has that ability.)

I grew up around low income black Americans and their lives are different than white America. These people are surrounded by violent gangs, murder, crime, drugs and prostitution to the point its not safe for them to go outside at night. And their parents were uneducated and the kids are uneducated.

These low income black Americans don't have parents to help them, they have no money, they don't have nice clothes, they don't have internet access and their families don't have cars. And American culture forces many of these people to live a life financed by hustling, government assistance and occasional part time jobs.

And not all those people have the ability to get a job. That job involves walking 3 miles to a bus stop, waiting 45 min for the bus, riding the bus for 1 1/2 hours, getting off the bus without presentable clothes or money, and then walking to a white owned business and saying "What up playa, where yo shot calla be chillin dog" (and a white hillbilly/redneck talking American does not face that same discrimination.)

And even black Americans who make the right choices often have difficulty finding a job. And black Americans with college degrees have the same chances of being hired for a job as a white high school dropout.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/susanad.../#2c0afb417b8f

Quote:
I've only ever worked for White business owners and my race has never been an impediment to reaching my career goals. I learned what marketable skills were worth my time/interest and didn't look back. I didn't land every job I applied for but I was disciplined and persistent.

This is truly common sense stuff; meaning I did what most everyone who wants to succeed does to get ahead.

I of course love Larry Elder. Wish I had a father like him in my life when I was a boy.
I believe philosophies like making the right choices, being a good father, not desiring to live off government assistance and not wanting to live a life of perpetual victimhood are needed to fully solve the problems in black America.

But the above philosophies alone can't solve all the problems. Things like better public transportation, better housing, better schools, better after school programs, better police protection, better access to the internet, and job training programs are also needed.

Last edited by chad3; 02-10-2018 at 07:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies