Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 08:25 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,746,610 times

Advertisements

If you want to cancel student loans after a student graduates, then the college must remove records of the student that has attended.

So if you want to get a car loan or a mortgage, you need high enough income and a good credit score But you can instantly get a student loan if you don't have a job or method to pay it back? That makes no sense to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2018, 08:34 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Your comprehension of what you quote is nil.

my comprehension is nill???

1. I'm not even touching the 'luxury' or not points..... has no interest to me whether it is factual or not

2. how about you ADDRESS THIS:
Quote:
hmmm... so what you are saying is that when someone SIGNS A CONTRACT for a debt.. a contract they AGREED to repay (after all they are getting money, to pay for THEIR education), that they should just renege and have the government (which guarantees these loans) just wave some magic wand, and say "all if forgiven" have fun with your free money....which btw then sets a precedent and then everyone will be looking for free money they don't have to repay...and if higher education does become "free" it then diminishes the value of said degrees

why do liberals always push for mediocracy
are you saying a loan is not a contract????

are you saying that people who take these loans...contracts...should not have to repay them???

are you saying that if the government ...waved some magic wand, and said "all if forgiven" for this CURRENT debt ...that there would not be millions of #metoo candidates complaining about how they PAID there loans off...and a bunch of others looking for the NEXT HANDOUT???

are you saying that degrees don't get degraded or diminished if given out for free???

seems to me your comprehension or awareness of this is shall we say....lacking

Last edited by workingclasshero; 02-10-2018 at 08:56 PM..

Old 02-10-2018, 08:37 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Seriously Can you please tell me more about these luxury dorms and chef prepared meals.
Quote:
These colleges boast everything from a stress relieving ball pit to televisions in every room. On those snowy winter days, students have a short stroll down the hall to enjoy the in house dining options, game rooms, and workout facilities. If the thought of having to live in cramped quarters makes college seem like a nightmare, check out our list to find options for living in style while you get your degree!
The 30 Most Luxurious Student Housing Buildings - Best College Values

Chef prepared meals?

I don't think so...

But perhaps the OP has a different definition of "chef prepared" than I do.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:38 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
If you want to cancel student loans after a student graduates, then the college must remove records of the student that has attended.

So if you want to get a car loan or a mortgage, you need high enough income and a good credit score But you can instantly get a student loan if you don't have a job or method to pay it back? That makes no sense to me.
since the car/house/education is the collateral...... if they want to renege on their loans ... then repossess their degrees, because they, in showing they ARE UNWILLING to repay the contract they AGREED TO........

Old 02-10-2018, 08:48 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post

If this ever happens? I'd like a refund for paying out of pocket for my kid's college tuition.

I could have made him take out student loans.

Maybe I will, next year & for the rest of his years in college & grad school, along with my younger two. Just incase the nut jobs actually get their way with this.

Why should I have to pay and others get away with "poor me, it's so HARD to pay back a loan I took out"?

Old 02-10-2018, 10:21 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Supposedly, if the federal government just canceled the $1.4 trillion in outstanding debt that cause GDP to rise, unemployment to go down hundreds of thousands of new jobs yearly.
It will not cause GDP to increase.

It will, however, cause the federal debt to increase from $20.6 TRILLION to $22.0 TRILLION.

Old 02-11-2018, 04:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Odd that it's OK to forgive Wall Streets debt but it's evil somehow to forgive a student's.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:07 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Odd that it's OK to forgive Wall Streets debt but it's evil somehow to forgive a student's.

Why should either get a break from their responsibilities?

How about we just get government out of the student loan and bail out business altogether?

Tuitions would drop like a rock, because they'd no longer have a guaranteed payer in Uncle Sam.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Why should either get a break from their responsibilities?
Kinda late for that isn't it? Look at the recent arguments. "Tax cuts, tax cuts, tax cuts". How do we get the money back from Wall Street? It isn't through tax cuts. Where is the discussion about forcing them to pay their debts. The auto companies still owe us a ton of money.

Where are the arguments to make them pay it back?

Quote:
How about we just get government out of the student loan and bail out business altogether?
Great. When do you think we will shut the Fed's doors?

You are arguing for something you know we aren't going to do, in large part because no one is making the argument.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:25 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The only debt that's been forgiven is $1.8 trillion worth of Fannie and Freddie MBS on the Federal Reserve's H.4.1. QE money was created to pay for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies