Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 03:54 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
This opinion column is a Fox News guy pushing the Fox News line of propaganda. There are already tons of conspiracy threads--a NY Post/Fox News guy pushing it does not make it true. File under shiny objects.
IOW can’t refute it so attack the source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 03:58 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
IOW can’t refute it so attack the source.
When the source is proven to be less than factual, it invites attack.
read:STUDY: Watching Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All - Business Insider

Old 02-12-2018, 05:15 AM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Here's why I wasn't buying the "Trump/Russia" collusion thing when it came out...

What Twitter did, and the Black Lives Matter scandal had a MUCH bigger impact then what the media was claiming the Russians did, even if true!

To scope things out, Twitter was internally sabotaging political movements. The largest youth led political movement of the time "The Movement #TheMovement" was sabotaged by Jack Dorsey himself.

To profit off of the revolutionary movement, Twitter even employed a fraud, Deray McKesson, to impersonate the grassroots movement and mislead the public to believe he was actually "leading it." Just like they did with BLM. And speaking of BLM...

No origins. Funded by Soros and other DNC donors. Used to co-opt and erase the real movement against police corruption and insert a pre-conceived agenda which was not even relevant to the reason there was an uprising in the 1st place. Complete scam. They scammed families who lost loved ones, police corruption victims, activists, and pretty much anyone who doesn't want to be a victim of police corruption.

So with that said, WHY would the DNC be talking about corruption, when they have much more blood on their hands? That's not even including what they did to Bernie and misleading the entire country about control of the DNC. If we were to know what we do now, and look back to Hillary's campaign, everyone would be appalled.

But I digress. See above post. EVEN if Hillary gets exposed, I don't think it'll stop the corruption from the DNC because they get away with it, and the public rarely successfully holds our govt accountable.
"and the public rarely successfully holds our govt accountable."

I ddojn't think it is a rare as some believe.

None of these examples are the ONLY reason for the elections BUT, IMO, it DID have a BIG part.

Nixon got elected because the country wanted ot of Viet Nam and it was the dems who got and keep us there

Gerald Ford wasn't re-elected because of what people thought of Nixon.

Al Gore wasn't elected because of what the people thought of Bill Clinton after his trial.

The dems list control of the House, which they had held for 40 STRAIGHT yeas because of their stance on Clinton's so-called "assault" weapons ban.

Trump got elected because hillary was, well, hillary.

I could post many MORE examples.

Old 02-12-2018, 05:35 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
That's politics, like republicans saying Obama was born in Kenya and doesn't have a US birth certificate, and then republicans putting the Kenya lies into the media. Or republicans saying Obama was a secret Muslim, ex.ex.

Do you believe John McCain knew about or was involved with creating/spreading lies like Obama being born in Kenya, or was a republican political network responsible for spreading those lies? (Personally I would say John McCain didn't even know about those things until the republican network spread those lies in the media.)
Hillary's campaign started those stories.

Old 02-12-2018, 05:41 AM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
This opinion column is a Fox News guy pushing the Fox News line of propaganda. There are already tons of conspiracy threads--a NY Post/Fox News guy pushing it does not make it true. File under shiny objects.
And people on the left post opinion articles from the Left Stream Media and many others on the left on here preach it is gospel.

90% of ALL coverage about Trump from the big 3, ABC, NBC and CBS has been NEGATIVE toward Trump.

The head of ABC has come out and AGREED that some of their coverage was WRONG and that they should strive to RIGHT instead of first with news.

The NY Times is CONSTANTLY having to print retractions and have FIRE people over some of the things they have printed.

The Wash. Post, the LA Times and most other left newspapers re prints NY Times Articles.

The public can tell you how many scoops of ice cream Trump took BUT, CANNOT tell you how many bills he has singed into law.

I got an email showing Michele Obama in a basebal lcap and wearing sunglasses and NOT 1 SINGLE WORD ABOUT FROM THE LSM

[IMG]file:///C:\Users\TOMQUI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\ 01\clip_image001.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]file:///C:\Users\TOMQUI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\ 01\clip_image001.jpg[/IMG]

Then Milenia Trump is shown wearing the EXACT SAME THINGS and the left media goes bonkers about "how bad she looks and shouldn't were such things being the 1st Lady and all, etc.

I wonder why?

Pages could be filled here with th double standard and hypocrisy of the left media.

Old 02-12-2018, 05:44 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post

https://nypost.com/2018/02/10/peelin...ns-deceit/amp/

Lays it all out.

"Thus, the Democratic nominee paid for and created allegations against her Republican opponent, gave them to law enforcement, then tipped friendly media to the investigation. And it is almost certain FBI agents supporting Clinton were among the anonymous sources.

In fact, the Clinton connections are so fundamental that there probably would not have been an FBI investigation without her involvement.

That makes hers a brazen work of political genius — and perhaps the dirtiest dirty trick ever played in presidential history. Following her manipulation of the party operation to thwart Bernie Sanders in the primary, Clinton is revealed as relentlessly ruthless in her quest to be president.

The only thing that went wrong is that she lost the election. And based on what we know now, her claims about Trump were false.

Of the charges against four men brought by special counsel Robert Mueller, none involves helping Russia interfere with the election."

You know we are in trouble when THEY keep trying to bring up Clinton.

Not a Clinton fan here -- but really - you have to let it go.

Old 02-12-2018, 05:51 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,369,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Why are you more concerned about a "has been" that holds no public office then you are a corrupt and spiteful president that is tearing the country apart right now?
Only a matter of time before the "she's not even in office" line of rationalization comes out. Democrats should as furious as Republicans on this issue. She not only used Federal agencies to target a political opponent, she undermined the campaign of one from her own side of the aisle.

Wasn't aware that still being in office was part of the burden of proof required regarding allegations of corruption.

Old 02-12-2018, 06:07 AM

144 posts, read 94,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Hillary's campaign started those stories.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack...iracy_theories

Specifically:

Quote:
Conspiracy theories about Obama's religion appeared at least as early as his 2004 U.S. Senate campaign in a press release by Illinois political candidate Andy Martin,[29] and, according to a Los Angeles Times editorial, as Internet rumors.[30] These rumors about his religion expanded into his values, cultural, and national loyalty, and, by 2008, into conspiracy theories about his citizenship.[citation needed]

From the start of March 2008, rumors that Obama was born in Kenya before being flown to Hawaii were spread on conservative websites, with the suggestion that this would disqualify Obama from the presidency. In April of that year, anonymous e-mails from supporters of Hillary Clinton repeated the same rumo
HRC haters probably also believe in pizzagate and that whole range of mud-throwing.

Old 02-12-2018, 06:09 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The idea that a black life matters as much as a white life is a scandal? The DNC owed Bernie Sanders nothing. Clinton is a life long Democrat while Sanders was a Democrat for 10 minutes. I voted for Sanders in the primary btw.
Is that what BLM told you? NOT that they were scamming police corruption victims? Oh how their lie has spread.

IF it was about black lives why are you stealing from, sabotaging, and libeling/slandering your OWN activists? Not including victims and founders.

I'm guessing you're not a police corruption victim. Or AA

Old 02-12-2018, 06:13 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"and the public rarely successfully holds our govt accountable."

I ddojn't think it is a rare as some believe.

None of these examples are the ONLY reason for the elections BUT, IMO, it DID have a BIG part.

Nixon got elected because the country wanted ot of Viet Nam and it was the dems who got and keep us there

Gerald Ford wasn't re-elected because of what people thought of Nixon.

Al Gore wasn't elected because of what the people thought of Bill Clinton after his trial.

The dems list control of the House, which they had held for 40 STRAIGHT yeas because of their stance on Clinton's so-called "assault" weapons ban.

Trump got elected because hillary was, well, hillary.

I could post many MORE examples.
I'm not saying those are the only reasons, but in this past election, those are groups they were expecting to bring in. "Hot sauce" in her bag... Etc.

I agree with what you said. I thought Bernie would've won and I liked him. I was neutral before the primaries, and then afterwards, even with Trump as the opposition, I couldn't vote for Hillary (or Trump either).

This is the 1st time in my life I've known a party and candidate are lying to my face. And openly sabotaging one of the issues I care about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies