Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 04:59 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,032,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Sorry, but this just sounds like you are trying to dress up your opinions as facts. I'm pretty sure there are no actual polls or surveys to back this up. Its anecdotal at best.
The far-right controls the government, not the far-left, which makes the power difference clear.

The far-right is full of people who gladly have stated "nothing Trump can do will cost him their support" - there is no equivalent to such lunacy on the left. We've got Trumpers pretending that he "prevents planes from crashing," "allowed people to again say Merry Christmas without fear," and single-handedly fixed the stock market and economy, all of which were actually recovering since 2009 or 2010. There is no equivalent to such cultist lunacy on a national level among the far left since Clinton. Even Obama didn't earn that level of silly praise.

As for my 20 years of experience on the matter, if you don't like it, fine, but I'm going to trust my "lying eyes" more than I trust sweeping generalizations from random internet people claiming "both sides are equally numerous and powerful."

It should be painfully obvious that if "left-wing lunatics!" were "everywhere" and "the real threat," I'd be tripping over them in a very blue state. Instead, what do I find? A strong majority of right-wing extremists who wear their ignorance and bigotry on their sleeves. Is this personal experience vs. a scientific poll? Yes - but 20 years of experience makes certain things rather clear... that being that the radical right is far more numerous, powerful, and dangerous in this nation than the radical left.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:08 PM

31,025 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
One thing you can always count on the democrats doing.

They will always blame their opponents of doing what they, themselves are doing.
Thats the truth. Dems say Hillary is for women and Trump is Misogynistic. In reality Hillary attacks the women her Husband raped. Dems attack Trump for saying something about pusi@#, again, Bill Clinton actually raped and attacked women. Dems like to say Trump is dangerous and may attack other countries, while their peace prize hero destroyed one and all but destroyed a second.

Democrats are by far the most lying hypocrites by a large margin. I dont even like Trump, but he is by far the proven lessor threat. When he starts freeing Terrorists, I'll believe differently.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:22 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
The far-right controls the government, not the far-left, which makes the power difference clear.

The far-right is full of people who gladly have stated "nothing Trump can do will cost him their support" - there is no equivalent to such lunacy on the left. We've got Trumpers pretending that he "prevents planes from crashing," "allowed people to again say Merry Christmas without fear," and single-handedly fixed the stock market and economy, all of which were actually recovering since 2009 or 2010. There is no equivalent to such cultist lunacy on a national level among the far left since Clinton. Even Obama didn't earn that level of silly praise.

As for my 20 years of experience on the matter, if you don't like it, fine, but I'm going to trust my "lying eyes" more than I trust sweeping generalizations from random internet people claiming "both sides are equally numerous and powerful."

It should be painfully obvious that if "left-wing lunatics!" were "everywhere" and "the real threat," I'd be tripping over them in a very blue state. Instead, what do I find? A strong majority of right-wing extremists who wear their ignorance and bigotry on their sleeves. Is this personal experience vs. a scientific poll? Yes - but 20 years of experience makes certain things rather clear... that being that the radical right is far more numerous, powerful, and dangerous in this nation than the radical left.
Yes, I get it, because YOU don't like them they are "the FAR" right...half of these "far right" folks don't like or support Trump and can definitely be seen as moderates, I mean John McCain...far right? Please. Its your opinion, thats all. Sorry. Parisians like you who over dramatize everything are part of the problem.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:24 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
"The Government" is largely the BUREACRACY, and most of the people that make up the bureaucracy are DEMOCRATS that want bigger, and bigger government to grow their careers. Very selfish, and self centered. All at the expense of the tax payer. We could cut the government in half with no detriment to most services.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:58 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
THIS (the bold) is the distinction, and a crucial one.

No argument that the MSM is not "completely honest" and sure they can slant the news with omissions.

But is that as dangerous to a democracy as the outright "lies" of FOX and Breibart not to mention publications like Conservative Tree House.
Name one.

You're in thrall to the lying liberal media.

Old 02-11-2018, 06:08 PM

8,497 posts, read 3,339,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Name one.

You're in thrall to the lying liberal media.
You were on one of the threads (although perhaps only briefly) that tried to sell the The Conservative Tree House nonsense that Carter Page was an FBI employee, which connected into a couple of versions of conspiracy theories.

Conservative Tree House took a NYT article and truncated a key portion of the text to mislead readers.

Who else then picked it up? Curious, I checked. Per a google search, it only seemed to be 4chan and redditt.com. Oh, and certain posters on C-D.

Didn't even meet Hannity's standards, but then maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Old 02-11-2018, 06:29 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,642 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
"capturing the referees"...... sounds like a classic case of projection at this time.
Awful dramatic aren’t they?

Old 02-11-2018, 06:31 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
The entire GOP group are a bunch of weaklings. Trump insulted every one of them badly during the election, and even after, and all of them became his bootlickers. Cruz, Bush, Christie, all of them. They would all stand by and do nothing while this idiot causes more damage than anyone could imagine.
I wouldn't say Jeb is a Trump bootlicker, but he did sort of stand by and not do much.

Jeb is, in some ways, sort of the Little Lord Fauntleroy of U.S. national politics.

Old 02-11-2018, 06:40 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Negatory ghost rider.

LOL release the memo is the work of Russian bots...
Trump is a result of Russian election interference.
Trump colluded with Russians.
Russians influenced the election.

These Russians are damn effective! I don't know if it's still denial... or failure to comprehend... or you really bought the farm on this Russian conspiracy...

I know they're good for 3 things...
Tracking moose and squirrel.
Vodka.
Communism.

But if they're as effective as you claim them to be... and accuse me of working with them/for them, you have any proof of this?
LOL.

Old 02-11-2018, 06:55 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Agreed. Trump is a really crappy liar and he does so a lot. This definitely makes them less presidential. Because our past presidents were MUCH better liars or could at least word things so as not to be blatant lies.

Afterall, Sadam had WMD's (Bush II), NAFTA was supposed to help unions (clinton), banking deregulation will help the economy (Cinton), I did not have relations (Clinton) and read my lips no new taxes (Bush I) and of course your rates will go down and you'll get to keep your doctors (Obama)

Just a little something for people that haven't locked onto a political party yet like the human centipede.

Most posters are too far gone to process it.
Actually, the WMD claim was not a lie. Bush II was just going by info he received, just like B. Clinton was (who made the same claim).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies