Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 03:10 PM

30,650 posts, read 21,805,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Both parties need more Rand Pauls.
^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2018, 03:11 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,785,304 times
I was willing to listen to him but his voting for the corporate tax break and then grandstanding at the last minute on the budget showed his true colors. If he'd voted against the corporate tax cut then he would have been justified in going off on his party.

Old 02-11-2018, 03:15 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,707,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I was willing to listen to him but his voting for the corporate tax break and then grandstanding at the last minute on the budget showed his true colors. If he'd voted against the corporate tax cut then he would have been justified in going off on his party.
you do realize that the income tax on corporations isnt really paid by the corporations but rather the people that buy things from them right? that means YOU pay lower taxes in the long run.

Old 02-11-2018, 03:23 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,721,657 times
It's too late nothing will ever change. The fat cats are too entrenched in their corrupt habits which will pass on generation to generation.

Old 02-11-2018, 03:24 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,607,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I have trouble taking a poster that doesn't know the difference between the debt and the deficit seriously. I do like Paul. Trump should not be compromising with congress and agreeing to increase spending just to get congress to do their job and keep the government functioning.
They are effectively the same because the deficit is financed by debt.

It's like saying there is a big difference between my checking acct and my savings acct. Both are money I have (or owe, in the case of debt and deficit)...

The Facts are clear, tho. Paul voted FOR the Trump tax cuts. THAT VOTE INCREASES BOTH THE DEFICIT AND THE DEBT. Where else would the money come from??

A Tax Cut means less money flowing into the treasury. Less money flowing into the treasury means a larger deficit (in general - and definitely now) and therefore additions to the National debt. Some will argue "but spending cuts matter"....well, not in this case because Trump and the GOP are set to spend more than ever. Now they say they will start paying down the debt "in a few decades". This is what Rand Paul voted for.

Now - we should know the difference in that one is specified in terms of a years time (in general, again) and the other just keeps getting bigger.

In any case, one could say that Rand Paul is only 80% as bad as Trump on these matters. But he is certainly no fiscal conservative or he would have (like many others did) voted against it.

If his actions backed up his rhetoric it would be nice.

Old 02-11-2018, 03:28 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,607,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you do realize that the income tax on corporations isnt really paid by the corporations but rather the people that buy things from them right? that means YOU pay lower taxes in the long run.
What are you saying??

That I can save $20 on an iphone but my kids and grandchildren will have to pay back 25 Trillion and that health care will be ripped from many and medical bankruptcies increase?

No Thanks. I'm a actual fiscal conservative. I'll pay $20 more for the phone. You can't buy my patriotism and the future generations from me by giving me free money.

Old 02-11-2018, 03:30 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,182,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
both parties need more rand pauls.
+1

Old 02-11-2018, 03:48 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,917,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
The Facts are clear, tho. Paul voted FOR the Trump tax cuts. THAT VOTE INCREASES BOTH THE DEFICIT AND THE DEBT. Where else would the money come from??
Bingo ! Grandstanding at it's worst ! Fake politics.

Old 02-11-2018, 03:56 PM

18,407 posts, read 7,030,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEb_vAzYlQ8

Try and watch this without your predispositions and take evaluate what's going on.

And this guy will be branded as "crazy".. just like his dad was.

Who's really crazy?

He got my vote in the primaries.

Maybe someday folks will see the light.

Old 02-11-2018, 04:07 PM

30,011 posts, read 18,838,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEb_vAzYlQ8

Try and watch this without your predispositions and take evaluate what's going on.

And this guy will be branded as "crazy".. just like his dad was.

Who's really crazy?
Yeah Ron & Rand both tell too much truth to be taken seriously by either party. I voted for Rand in the primary as I voted for his father. Unfortunately, Rand is too intellectual for the average person and doesn't have half the charisma of a Trump or Obama for example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies