Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 08:04 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Biological race does not exist in science, and I wish more biologists and geneticists would talk more about this and explain what they mean.
Me too.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
If you're black American and your family has been here for at least a handful of generations, you're almost guaranteed partially white. Why are you denying that you're partially white?

So, I am not a member of "people" now?
I’m black and ONLY black. Leave it at that and move on.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:06 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Now we need to stop pretending that differences in group outcomes are proof of differences in opportunity and racial injustice. We need to accept the fact that nature itself is the root cause of inequality. In a just, ideal meritocracy, with everyone nurtured to their full potential, we aren't going to get racially proportional outcomes. If we want merit based programs focused on high academic achievers to continue, and we do want that, we'll have to accept racial disproportionality.

...and what happens when race is a forgotten memory? It is a new concept in the grand scheme of things, after all, as the Romans would have considered Germans to be members of a different (and barbaric) race and would have considered them lower than Egyptians or even Nubians.

And not only that, but there is one group of people who would be left out, by your same methods:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...n_1237796.html

It is a known fact that "muh Gawd and country!" types are less intelligent than liberals. So maybe the right-wingers can stop whining and moaning about "liberal professors." It is not the fault of liberals that conservatives are too dumb to get a phd.

Meritocracy, you know

Old 02-11-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I just LOVE how you folks try to make it sound as if your intentions are SOOOO innocent. Why, all you really want to do is to “stop pretending that blah, blah, blah and that’s all ().

Save it for someone else. I know what’s up. You think everyone is a damn fool.
Can you put aside suspicions about intentions for a minute and just go with logical argument? Are you capable of that?

Old 02-11-2018, 08:08 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
I just LOVE how you folks try to make it sound as if your intentions are SOOOO innocent. Why, all you really want to do is to “stop pretending that blah, blah, blah and that’s all ().

You benefit from the suppression of science, and you have the gall to accuse others of pursuing science for their own benefit?

Old 02-11-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
...and what happens when race is a forgotten memory?
I doubt we will find out any time soon.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:09 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,338 times
Quote:
...and what happens when race is a forgotten memory? It is a new concept in the grand scheme of things, after all, as the Romans would have considered Germans to be members of a different (and barbaric) race and would have considered them lower than Egyptians or even Nubians.

And not only that, but there is one group of people who would be left out, by your same methods:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...n_1237796.html

It is a known fact that "muh Gawd and country!" types are less intelligent than liberals. So maybe the right-wingers can stop whining and moaning about "liberal professors." It is not the fault of liberals that conservatives are too dumb to get a phd.

Meritocracy, you know
Interesting point. I'd like to see the IQ differences between white "coastal elites" and white "middle america". I suspect a whole lot of coattail riding going on.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:11 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:

Okay Miss Cleo, reading people's minds.

I gave you my straight forward reasons for accepting science that IQ is in part genetic, what are your intentions for denying science?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0LjaMRYRNg

Old 02-11-2018, 08:12 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFleurMobile View Post
Well, first off, those facts certainly don't help the morale of students that are trying to get an education. Secondly, I'm Hispanic (black latino/with créole heritage) and I've met plenty whites less intelligent than myself. You're saying that it is factual that all other races are cognitively less-than whites ?

I speak three languages, do alright at mathematics, possess tactile skills that require dexterity and precision, am artistic, and am still making efforts to grow my intellect. I've never had an IQ test, am not white, and think this post is just a minority-bashed. What's your point? Would you like to reinstate the lost validity of the Bell Curve ?

Did you bother to research the data collection approach? Maybe the pupils were from one area in which schooling was not optimal ..there are innumerable factors that can skew the findings but you're too busy sharing your contempt for other races go notice what those factors might be.
IQ differences between groups are just differences in averages. A group that you might be part of might have a lower average than another group but that doesn't mean that all members of your group have lower IQs than all members of the other group. If you are as smart as you claim to be then you should have no issue understanding group differences.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:12 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFleurMobile View Post
Well, first off, those facts certainly don't help the morale of students that are trying to get an education. Secondly, I'm Hispanic (black latino/with créole heritage) and I've met plenty whites less intelligent than myself. You're saying that it is factual that all other races are cognitively less-than whites ?

I speak three languages, do alright at mathematics, possess tactile skills that require dexterity and precision, am artistic, and am still making efforts to grow my intellect. I've never had an IQ test, am not white, and think this post is just a minority-bashed. What's your point? Would you like to reinstate the lost validity of the Bell Curve ?

Did you bother to research the data collection approach? Maybe the pupils were from one area in which schooling was not optimal ..there are innumerable factors that can skew the findings but you're too busy sharing your contempt for other races go notice what those factors might be.
You’re preaching to the choir here. And you don’t have to prove yourself to anybody. I don’t even know why you’re explaining yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies