Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 06:12 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Wait, why should we even be dealing with this? Didn't Obama and his shovel ready stimulus take care of this?

Oh, nope sorry, he laughed directly in your faces....and the left cheered....
Winner.

Obama & company were more concerned about redistribution schemes than they were about shovel ready jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 06:13 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
When you give money to states. They will disperse funds as they wish. Stimulus money, here in NC, was spread out over road projects. The widening of I-85 a perfect example. Yadkin River bridge done, completion of the I-485 interchange and widening, done, the section between MM 57 and Exit 68 expected to be completed in late 2018 early 2019. There are funds in those projects from the stimulus.
Then how-come we have to, for the first time in NC History, pay tolls to drive on the highways? You cite some good successes (no complaints from me on that), but neglect to say that our roads are WAY underfunded, and now are being sold out to private interest because, in fact, NC can't pay for all the infrastructure projects we need.

I live in state (as do you), and see this every day. Not every area is as fortunate as Salsbury. (I-85 in your area is AWESOME. No joke. But there are so many areas in greater need.)

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I will wait to review the plan when it is announced. I don't believe in giving opinions on feelings and what I think might happen.

Obamas plan, which has been out now for many years, failed, or maybe you did not comprehend what I was talking about or even the video?

5,661 posts, read 3,522,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
ahhh defending Trump by pointing out how others failed.....that speaks volumes.
Get real with yourself, monelli.
You do it all the time on the forum.

Old 02-12-2018, 06:14 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
Quote:
Do tell how, since most of their corrections were grammatical, no substance, oh and no GOP votes....passed with 60 all dems...
Failure to extend payments, cut the time for renewal, kill funding taxes, all attempts to hurt the plan.

Many others all done by the GOP, why, because a Dem. used a conservative plan that works when done properly.

Old 02-12-2018, 06:14 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Under my plan, all Americans will be covered.....signed Obama....what happened?
The GOP and trump.

Old 02-12-2018, 06:15 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Get real with yourself, monelli.
You do it all the time on the forum.
Ahh -- then you should correct me when I do.

Old 02-12-2018, 06:16 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Obamas plan, which has been out now for many years, failed, or maybe you did not comprehend what I was talking about or even the video?
Are we talking about the infrastructure plan?

Oh I thought that was what the thread was about.

As for ACA -- yeah HUGE mistakes in it -- somebody should fix it or provide a better plan.

Old 02-12-2018, 06:16 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
$200 billion added to the federal debt and the rest coming from muni bonds as few states have the cash to pay for any of this after years of Republican tax cutting and Democrat largess. Honestly, do we pay for anything government in this country anymore? If we need to fix our infrastructure and we do, then raise revenues/taxes sufficient to pay for it!

With respect to muni's, the Trump tax bill did a number on their desirability to investors making the proposition of using this funding mechanism more problematic for states as well.
We will see what comes out today but it does sound like a borrowing scheme. This should have been the first step in the Trump administration, these massive projects take time.

Very true, the tax cut changed the desirability of tax free bonds and even so there is an interest cost.

Old 02-12-2018, 06:17 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
The GOP and trump.

So, all Americans were covered prior to trump taken over?

WOW....maybe back that up with some type of links...

We will all wait for that one....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies