Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 02:08 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,514,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
This is what happens when the media puts out so much fake news, and creates any atmosphere of hate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
This is the result of a hysterical and irresponsible media (as well as celebrities and other national figures) insisting Trump is Hitler and things have never been this bad ever and gays are about to get sent to the gulag....
I'm glad y'all know the reasons why someone did this because apparently, no one else knows for sure. First, I hope no one was hurt and that his wife was taken to the hospital as a mere precaution. But motives are often the hardest part of an investigation to prove. I can pull some possible motives for this out of my ass, but then I'd be doing what you two are doing -- just guessing and speculating. Some might say you're doing the same thing you accuse others of doing about Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 02:10 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,653,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Yawn... Assassination? In your dreams.
Maybe it was ISIS...or North Korea...or illegals...or Pence...or Hillary...or a RINO...or Christy...or Ben Carson...or Bannon...or Russians...or Deutsche Bank...or Muller...or Comey

I'm actually surprised that they open their own mail.
She apparently opens her husband's mail. I actually don't open my husband's mail unless it's a bill that is in his name. I mean, I guess there's no reason I couldn't but we like to open our own mail.

It will be interesting to see what the envelope looked like. I guess when it's all done, they will show it.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:11 PM

14,767 posts, read 8,097,050 times
Hope everyone is alright.
Hopefully the white powder is non-hazardous.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:13 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,066,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I'm glad y'all know the reasons why someone did this because apparently, no one else knows for sure. First, I hope no one was hurt and that his wife was taken to the hospital as a mere precaution. But motives are often the hardest part of an investigation to prove. I can pull some possible motives for this out of my ass, but then I'd be doing what you two are doing -- just guessing and speculating. Some might say you're doing the same thing you accuse others of doing about Trump.
Well no one did it out of love, you know the kind of love that trumps hate and everything.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:16 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,697,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Oh, wow, they found the person who sent the letter? Who was it?

Oh, it MUST be a Democrat or Liberal, we are such evil people, you know.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:16 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,583,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...nce/index.html

This is what you get when you dehumanize our president and his family.

YOU HEAR ME LIBERALS?!

Things like this should make you ashamed, while I know most of you don’t support this specific act this is what happens when you and Nancy destroy people for temporary political gains. Learn love and religion and turn from this dark path.
Well, now, since you have come out swinging, I guess I'll just swing right back.

I have no desire to harm anyone, and neither does any other liberal I know personally. There might be some who feel differently, but I suspect I could point you to a few conservatives who are equally vile. I really hate "whataboutism," but do you remember some of the nasty comments that were made about the Obamas? Hell...you don't really have to remember, as certain people are still posting them today, on this very forum.

When you say "learn love and religion," what do you really mean? Are you suggesting that only conservatives are religious and loving? It sure sounds like you are.

There is a difference between wanting someone out of office and wanting him and his family dead.

DO YOU HEAR ME?

Old 02-12-2018, 02:20 PM

1,225 posts, read 605,477 times
They probably sent it to themselves

Old 02-12-2018, 02:29 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
They probably sent it to themselves
That was my initial thought also.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:31 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,521,992 times
Maybe it was a right-ring radical trying to make it look like it was done by a left-wing radical, in order to try to make left-wingers look bad.

Or maybe it was a Russian spy trying to send Don Jr a warning not to spill the beans on their covert operation to Mueller.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:36 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,521,992 times
Oh BTW, we won't even mention the right wing radicals who have been sending Adam Schiff death threats over the democratic memo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies