Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 01:12 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,287,056 times

Advertisements

This was just another illegal immigrant piece that was just blowing the usual smoke about Paul Ryan this, and Freedom Caucus that, until this little jewel appeared in the story:

Quote:
The biggest flash point for House Republicans, however, is the E-verify provision requiring employers to cross-check the legal status of those they hire. Republicans from agriculture-heavy districts like California Reps. Jeff Denham and David Valadao have expressed concerns that the mandate would disrupt the primary labor force in their regions.

Goodlatte and House Agriculture Committee Chairman Mike Conaway of Texas recently came to an agreement to include new agriculture provisions to the bill that Conaway says ensure undocumented workers picking crops wouldn’t suddenly be removed.

“We’ll be rolling it out shortly, but mechanically we’re working with the growers and slaughterhouses to allow the folks that are here to transition into that program in ways that employers can assist in,” Conaway said. “The folks who are in the country illegally working could transition into that program.”
LMAO...”we’ve GOTTA get these illegals out of this country, but errr, ummm, well...don’t be messin’ with MY illegals Mr. Speaker!!”

I’ve been saying for years that the biggest protectors of illegals have been legislators on the right...especially those from large Ag states and districts with huge meatpacking plants. The legislators are nearly all Republican, and the voters are rocked ribbed Conservative Republican voters.

Every time I drive through Liberal, Kansas or the Texas Panhandle, the amount of illegals walking around meatpacking towns is mind boggling!!! They’re all there...by the thousands. And the fact that they’re illegal and not documented workers is so blatant that you’d have to be an idiot to miss it.

All that big talk Repubs do on illegal immigration should go in one ear and out the other. How can the be such huge proponents of E-verify if they don’t want it enforces across the board equally?

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...acklash-409685
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 01:13 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,267,946 times
Kick them all out. Regardless of circumstance.

Old 02-15-2018, 01:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,287,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Kick them all out. Regardless of circumstance.
Lol...you’ll be voting your guy back in just like the rest plan to do.

Old 02-15-2018, 01:17 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,267,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...you’ll be voting your guy back in just like the rest plan to do.
Why not? I enjoyed the wailing issuing from the left.

Old 02-15-2018, 01:18 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,788,634 times
Quote:
I’ve been saying for years that the biggest protectors of illegals have been legislators on the right...especially those from large Ag states and districts with huge meatpacking plants. The legislators are nearly all Republican, and the voters are rocked ribbed Conservative Republican voters.
I have too, but it doesn't seem to matter. Conservatives still blame it on "Liberals."

Old 02-15-2018, 01:18 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,611,096 times
Quote:
This was just another illegal immigrant piece that was just blowing the usual smoke about Paul Ryan this, and Freedom Caucus that, until this little jewel appeared in the story:

LMAO...”we’ve GOTTA get these illegals out of this country, but errr, ummm, well...don’t be messin’ with MY illegals Mr. Speaker!!”

Every time I drive through Liberal, Kansas or the Texas Panhandle, the amount of illegals walking around meatpacking towns is mind boggling!!! They’re all there...by the thousands. And the fact that they’re illegal and not documented workers is so blatant that you’d have to be an idiot to miss it.

All that big talk Repubs do on illegal immigration should go in one ear and out the other. How can the be such huge proponents of E-verify if they don’t want it enforces across the board equally?

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...acklash-409685
It hurts the blacks the most but you still support your democrat slave masters who want to import more.

Old 02-15-2018, 01:19 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,788,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Why not? I enjoyed the wailing issuing from the left.
So you vote for pro-illegal immigrant candidates so you can enjoy "wailing from the left"

Yet you dislike illegal immigration, and blame illegal immigration on the left

This makes.... lots of sense

Old 02-15-2018, 01:21 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,611,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I have too, but it doesn't seem to matter. Conservatives still blame it on "Liberals."
Democrats are the biggest supporters of illegal immigrants who compete mostly with blacks for jobs.

You don’t see illegal immigrants sitting in the Republicans convention do you?

Old 02-15-2018, 01:28 PM

5,886 posts, read 3,237,929 times
Denham runs in a district that is full of illegals. They're obviously voting, as well, so he can't really "rock the boat". The only solution is to kick them all out and require meaningful ID to vote. We need to have something like E-Verify for voting...and my suggestion, which I've given before, is move Election Day to the day before Tax Day...and you vote on your return or with your return.

My additional "should have" innovation would be unless you actually have Federal Tax liability (regardless of whether you have a balance or actually owe anything) - you are not eligible to vote.

Because why should you get to decide what happens with OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY????

Basically the two national questions we must ask and answer are:

1. Who owns this country?
2. Who should be allowed to manage it?

I submit that the only sensible answers are: native born US Citizens (meaning not just dropped here on our soil but born to an American citizen), and taxpayers not otherwise ineligible.

Last edited by phantompilot; 02-15-2018 at 01:44 PM..

Old 02-15-2018, 01:29 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,136,449 times
Settle down. We all know that both parties are complicit in screwing the American people, which is exactly what made the Trump rise possible. Dems use them for votes, Republicans for labor. You are saying something that has been knows for decades.

The right thing to do is still the right thing to do. Every nation has borders, and every government is responsible for enforcing them. Mexico sure enforces its border with Guatamala. Illegal immigrants drive wages down for Americans, and yes, included in their number are those who traffic drugs, weapons, people, and commit violence and petty crimes.

It is not acceptable that I have to stand in 3-5 checkpoints when I travel abroad, and yet others are allowed to invite themselves in. Are the laws just for Americans? Just for white people? Just for Republicans? We the people of these United States are no longer accepting this crap, will no longer tolerate being called racist for wanting laws properly enforced, and are no longer talking about it.

By the way, the LMAO associated with an absolutely trivial piece of information really is unflattering to you. Liberal hysteria and hyperbole are played out. Again, the people are finally onto it. You would do well to understand that Donald Trump is not the end of a movement, but the beginning. At the end of his eight years, you are going to see a very different America in which those voices that have been beaten down are empowered to speak, some of those brains that have been washed are good and dirty again, and the illegal immigration tide is permanently turned, meaning that one of the Dems great voting advantages is permanently cut. You should probably just get used to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies