Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 11:28 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
As someone with a reasonable appreciation for, if not consumer of, rap and yoga, I endorse this move.

In fact, I think "rap yoga" needs to be burned to the ground and all of our memories erased of this horrible abomination.
^^^^^^^
This!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2018, 12:24 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,041,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Oh the racist horror of people not black dressed up in hip-hop.

Guess people don't remember the fly girls from In Living Color.
I use to love In Living Color back in the day, but in today's super PC climate would that show last beyond its first episode without SJWs and black people losing their crap over all the stereotypes that show portrayed? That show would've immediately been cancelled just for the Homeboy Shopping Network skits alone. The same goes for Married with Children. Would've been killed off immediately after its first episode by outraged feminists.

I'm just glad shows like that existed back in the day before too many groups of people got overly sensitive and butthurt over jokes about different people and topics. Back then people had a sense of humor and could laugh at things that now are considered 'offensive'.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:52 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Good. We don't want too many soccer moms getting in to rap music anyway.
I'm sure the soccer moms are relieved you are there to protect them from rap.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:02 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,441,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
I use to love In Living Color back in the day, but in today's super PC climate would that show last beyond its first episode without SJWs and black people losing their crap over all the stereotypes that show portrayed? That show would've immediately been cancelled just for the Homeboy Shopping Network skits alone. The same goes for Married with Children. Would've been killed off immediately after its first episode by outraged feminists.

I'm just glad shows like that existed back in the day before too many groups of people got overly sensitive and butthurt over jokes about different people and topics. Back then people had a sense of humor and could laugh at things that now are considered 'offensive'.
There actually was controversy with in living color which eventually let to the wayans brothers not being on the show anymore . But I agree it's unlikely the show would of been on the air in today's climate even though the creators and writers of the show were black .
There would of been too much pressure on Fox I'm sure to cancel the show .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Living_Color

Old 02-13-2018, 12:20 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Another "cultural appropriation" hissyfit from the SJW/ BLM crowd.

So despite nonblacks being the biggest consumers of rap music for years and years. It's not cultural appropriation for nonblacks to enjoy rap music?

Is it cultural appropriation for blacks,hispanics,asians,etc to enjoy anything ever created by 'white people'?

This lunacy needs to stop.

Just one of many examples of why BLM can't be taken seriously.

They are just bullies.
---
SACRAMENTO -- A canceled rap yoga class at a midtown Sacramento studio is now at the center of controversy. The Sacramento Chapter of Black Lives Matter believes the class is an example of cultural appropriation.
The studio owners canceled the class before it was held and apologized. But Saturday dozens of members of Black Lives Matter occupied the space in front of the business because the studio has a pattern of cultural appropriations.
However, the studio's owner tells FOX40 that has never been her intent.
While she's been open to discussions, she feels the demonstration in front of Solfire Yoga is meant to intimidate her employees and customers.

Yoga Studio, Black Lives Matter Dispute Over Advertised Rap Yoga Class | FOX40
Well, to put things in context; the majority of BLM detractors sympathize with white supremacy. If someone's primary anger is towards the civil rights reaction to white supremacy, it's telling and speaks volumes towards that individual...

What came first the chicken or the egg??? Why do these people vehemently oppose civil rights movements but they turn a blind eye towards the reasons the movements are needed???

Old 02-13-2018, 03:12 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Well, to put things in context; the majority of BLM detractors sympathize with white supremacy. If someone's primary anger is towards the civil rights reaction to white supremacy, it's telling and speaks volumes towards that individual...

What came first the chicken or the egg??? Why do these people vehemently oppose civil rights movements but they turn a blind eye towards the reasons the movements are needed???
BLM has many valid points, with police abuse being perhaps the most prominent and critical.

Yet here they are protesting "hip-hop yoga" and trying to destroy someones business and portray them as a horrible racist for dressing up for Halloween as a rocker and a hip-hopper.

If BLM is protesting police abuses in say Baltimore? Then great, it's an area of continued civil rights abuses.

But if they're going after "hip hop yoga", sorry but that's not a civil rights item nor is criticizing them for taking such a stupid protest to the streets any sort of white supremacy endorsement.

To point, do you feel that Hip Hop Yoga is a valid civil rights target?

Lastly, racism because someone else did it first is not justified. It's all bad.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:21 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,059 times
Quote:
BLM has many valid points, with police abuse being perhaps the most prominent and critical.

Yet here they are protesting "hip-hop yoga" and trying to destroy someones business and portray them as a horrible racist for dressing up for Halloween as a rocker and a hip-hopper.

If BLM is protesting police abuses in say Baltimore? Then great, it's an area of continued civil rights abuses.

But if they're going after "hip hop yoga", sorry but that's not a civil rights item nor is criticizing them for taking such a stupid protest to the streets any sort of white supremacy endorsement.

Lastly, racism because someone else did it first is not justified. It's all bad.
I don't put much thought into yoga classes and I can care less if there are hip hop yoga classes. I don't have a problem with these type of classes. That said, I have no problem with legitimate criticism but we both know what the OP is all about... There's a very specific crowd of people that use things like this to paint a picture that fits their narrow-minded narrative... I don't think racism should be combatted with racism but I'll bring these people to the woodshed when they try and spread their propaganda online...

Old 02-13-2018, 04:18 PM

4,045 posts, read 2,128,098 times
Ironically, one of the BLM protestors who looks to be in her early twenties has gray hair that I'm almost 100% sure is dyed! I know gray hair is fashionable, but isn't it age-appropriation to color your hair gray instead of waiting until it happens naturally? Are they mocking/appropriating hair color of those of a certain age?

Also ironically--the white studio owner is married to a black guy who was just fine with it! So interesting that she wouldn't be given a pass since she has been authentically exposed to black culture living with a black guy...

Old 02-13-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post

Ummm actually , no.

One of the most vocal critics of BLM is Sheriff David Clarke who has called BLM a hate group.

He is a black man. So is he for 'white supremacy'?

Face it BLM has zero credibility these days.

Pro-Sheriff David Clarke group says Clarke called Black Lives Matter hate group, terrorist movement | PolitiFact Wisconsin

Old 02-13-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:

Them banning whites from attending meetings at PUBLIC libraries...and also telling whites and white media to "go to the back" at rallies also makes them look foolish.

The gig is up for BLM. Any reasonable rational person of any race views them as a joke.

Now their big issue is "rap yoga" it's something you would expect from The Onion.

But these idiots are being serious here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies