Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 08:32 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Might as well cut Voice of America too then.
Okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2018, 08:41 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
There is another thread going on bashing the CFPB based on this https://www.npr.org/2018/02/12/58498...ction-watchdog

The problem is, NPR carefully didn't point out this particular pay day lender is owned by an Indian tribe which enormously complicates the issue for the CFBP because of tribal sovereignty.

So it's just a hit piece...and it worked. Why should the Trump administration help fund dishonest hit pieces on it's own administration?

I listen to NPR all the time, but they are a liberal organization that despises Trump. And they aren't honest.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:47 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
report unbiased news and commentary in order to receive any tax breaks or funding.
Like Alex Jones?

Most Trump supporters only consider far-right, pro Trump news outlets to be legitimate.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:49 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Like Alex Jones?

Most Trump supporters only consider far-right, pro Trump news outlets to be legitimate.
Look at how CNN treats Trump versus how they treated Obama .

Old 02-13-2018, 09:07 AM

37,217 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I find both NPR and PBS to be towards the middle, less editorial, more historical and educational. Stating that all the programs are far left is an overstatement with Sesame Street, Wall street hour and others, there is a special on tonight the 1920 bombing of Wall St.

You need to be more specific, do you have issues with just the News Hour, Amanpour? Very little in the way of government funding, David Koch is a large donor and I believe that ultra liberal sits on the board.

NPR regularly interviews people from both ends of the political spectrum. You can't pass judgment without listening for yourself.

My take is that the OP has posted a second hand opinion derived from RW talk radio/TV, without any examples given to back up their opinions. Perhaps they would like to share a few.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:08 AM

37,217 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
I listen to NPR every day, you are out of your mind or just lying to yourself.
Well, it is a given that facts have a liberal bias. If it upsets you, why do you listen?

Old 02-13-2018, 09:12 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcosby View Post
How much American taxpayer money has gone to this liberal biased crap and why are corporations funding this biased hateful liberal stuff, many times the continued funding from the feds was approved by republicans?

I listen to npr for bbc world service late at night and Garrison Keillor on the weekends and a few good shows like car talk and the music show they do from Chicago.( garrison is gone as well), so my dial is on there usually even during the day and it is almost comical how bad and biased npr is. Of course the once great bbc has become a biased joke as well

Watch and see if republicans like cole from oklahoma keep this funding alive.
Donald Trump also wants to end federal funding for PBS.
Trump proposes eliminating federal funding for PBS, NPR | TheHill

PBS airs programs about American history, space exportation, antibiotic resistant germs, and educational documentaries from police forensics to problems with America's honey bee population. Are there any other free television stations with a similar broadcasting content to educate America's children who don't have access to cable TV? -NO-

If republicans truly don't want taxpayer money funding media, then they should at least take the time to slowly defund PBS so corporations and the public can by themselves take over funding for PBS.

PBS is the only place low income American children get access to educational, historical and scientific television programs.

Last edited by chad3; 02-13-2018 at 09:20 AM..

Old 02-13-2018, 09:13 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I find both NPR and PBS to be towards the middle, less editorial, more historical and educational. Stating that all the programs are far left is an overstatement with Sesame Street, Wall street hour and others, there is a special on tonight the 1920 bombing of Wall St.

You need to be more specific, do you have issues with just the News Hour, Amanpour? Very little in the way of government funding, David Koch is a large donor and I believe that ultra liberal sits on the board.
LOL! I am a daily NPR listener. It’s as far left as communism.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:17 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
LOL! I am a daily NPR listener. It’s as far left as communism.
No, no it's not. I call BS on you listening to NPR, at all. Do you listen to the news in the morning? I will bet again that you don't. Anybody who claims that NPR is biased is talking out of their ass, period.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:20 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No, no it's not. I call BS on you listening to NPR, at all. Do you listen to the news in the morning? I will bet again that you don't. Anybody who claims that NPR is biased is talking out of their ass, period.
Did you just call me a liar without evidence or even knowing who I am?

I surely do. I actually enjoy John Lienhard’s Engine of our Ingenuity each morning.

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 02-13-2018 at 09:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies