Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 09:36 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

Correct me if I'm wrong-but isn't that the same left-wing talking head that lied to cover for Obama when moderating the 2012 debates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2018, 09:39 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
NBC's Katie Couric apologizes for Olympics snafu that offended Dutch citizens
NBC's Katie Couric apologizes for Olympics snafu that offended Dutch citizens | Fox News

Another dumb remark from a host who think they know it all!

Btw I didn't fell offended but laughed at her arrogance and stupidity.

This again shows, not to listen to advise from TV/Hollywood celebrities!

Could care less about her but for those that got butt hurt over her comments... toughen up buttercups. It's obvious she meant no disrespect by making them. Apparently the Dutch have a fair amount of snowflakes living in their country like we do here.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:18 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Could care less about her but for those that got butt hurt over her comments... toughen up buttercups. It's obvious she meant no disrespect by making them. Apparently the Dutch have a fair amount of snowflakes living in their country like we do here.
You might want to translate that to Dutch. I don't think anyone in this country is "butt hurt" over her comments. We're just in awe at her ignorance... I understand that shouldn't be a surprise given that she's employed by NBC. About the time Chuck Todd convinces me he's the biggest idiot on a network news program, Katie goes "Hold my beer".

Old 02-14-2018, 10:22 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You might want to translate that to Dutch. I don't think anyone in this country is "but hurt" over her comments. We're just in awe at her ignorance... I understand that shouldn't be a surprise given that she's employed by NBC. About the time Chuck Todd convinces me he's the biggest idiot on a network news program, Katie goes "Hold my beer".
She's a talking head, we shouldn't be surprised or in awe.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:30 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong-but isn't that the same left-wing talking head that lied to cover for Obama when moderating the 2012 debates?
Katie Couric is yet another FAR LEFT, radical feminist that is common in the Media. Plus, she's just not very bright, and as she ages, people are less likely to watch her. Perkiness only goes so far.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:35 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
do you mean a former president of the united states who chose an artist to paint his formal portrait for the Smithsonian who specifically said he has painted portraits that represented "kill whitey"? as a white American, I found Obama's, the former American president, choice of an anti-white 'artist' pretty damn offensive.

while I appreciate your sentiment, courtesy and decorum are not priorities for "high profile people". crudeness, rudeness, and outright hostility dominate our celebrity and political landscape and we, the people, have allowed it. hell, many americans demand it. shameful behavior, I agree, but don't feign shock. offensive is 'in'.
No, she meant the current moron in the WH, trump. You know, the tv celebrity that you so disdain.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:41 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Katie Couric is yet another FAR LEFT, radical feminist that is common in the Media. Plus, she's just not very bright, and as she ages, people are less likely to watch her. Perkiness only goes so far.
Not very bright? You mean like when she asked Palin a very simple question about what she reads that helps shape her world view & the little twit couldn't even answer? Yeah, real bright that Palin. Couric is a genius compared with most cons.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:46 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
Okay, I can't stand Katie Couric but what she said really wasn't offensive.
Conservatives hate political correctness, but will use it as a weapon if someone like Couric slips up once. These are the same people who would defend one of their politicians 1000 times, saying it is a mis-speak.

There is no story here. Katie said something modestly stupid, and she even responded with a sense of humor (skating on thin ice).

I'm sure there are many "fine people" who skate to work in Amsterdam.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:47 AM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
I actually like her -- maybe because she makes goofy mistakes. She probably read the Golden Book on Amsterdam as a kid and ran with it. Everybody knows the Dutch skate everywhere. The reactions were hilarious....they swim to work in the summer. She has been around for decades and I'm surprised that this is her first visit to South Korea.

Old 02-14-2018, 04:35 PM

586 posts, read 314,625 times
That vile little troll should apologize for wasting oxygen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies