Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 08:00 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Let me change the word, then, to explosive.

There are certainly other uses for explosives than "mass uncontrollable destruction".

Why is the purchase of explosives so heavily regulated?
No, you don't get to keep toying with semantics and fine tuning this, you made wildly unrealistic counterpoints that you can't back up. You are still grasping at straws. Explosives are designed to cause mass destruction, and in most cases are not controllable without some sort of expert training or are composed of unstable elements that can be set off via unintended means, not by a measured intentional trigger pull. Stop, just stop with the ridiculous hole you have dug yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Then why did you ignore these questions?

Because just like a car, you don't have to assemble it (a gun) due to liability problems....

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Ben Bennight, a bail bondsman in Mississippi who goes by the name Ben the Bondsman, said that he received a terrifying comment from a user called Nikolas Cruz under a video in September.

“This comment said ‘I’m going to be a professional school shooter” and I knew that I couldn’t just ignore that,” he said.

Bennight said that he flagged the comment to YouTube and also sent a screenshot to the FBI, who visited him briefly in September and asked him whether he knew the poster.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...=NYDailyNewsTw

"See something, say something" only works if the authorities actually DO SOMETHING when people say something. could there have been more red flags for this killer?? the fbi knew. the school authorities knew. the kids in school knew.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:01 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Devil's advocate here,

Cruz's dad died when he was young, and his mom died a year ago. News is saying this morning that Cruz "went off the deep end" after his mom died last year.
Understand all. What other family? So, he was living alone.? That right there is a cry for help. I am sure his medical record will show SRI drugs given to him to cope after mom died. He was 19. Adult.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:01 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Devil's advocate here,

Cruz's dad died when he was young, and his mom died a year ago. News is saying this morning that Cruz "went off the deep end" after his mom died last year.

So, it just started when his mom died? Not prior to him being kicked out of school?

Old 02-15-2018, 08:03 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,057,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Being an engaged parent. That's how. But some choose doctors and meds...
Perhaps he was already on meds? I don't know about antidepressants being a correlation or causation of such acts?

Mental health system is, extremely, difficult to navigate. There are many good parents out there, and they are parents of those who have mental illness, the system can leave people without care.

4,798 posts, read 3,508,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
They were not well documented due to all the black People that actually passed for white. It was easy to change your name and identity. It was very common, my great grandfather was white passing and Married a white Woman who had no clue.

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswi...-white-america
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...ce-and-myself/
https://www.google.com/amp/s/timelin...p/4c8cf23c3754
Argue all you want. I am not going to give into your argument, I am will agree to disagree.,
But, how is it we know of many politicians back in the day who had slaves that had children from them. because it was recorded.
Oh well, another ignore listee.

3,564 posts, read 1,922,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Do you not have to buy ammunition and load the gun? There you go. You have to assemble a loaded gun.
Do you actually feel that that's the same thing?
I mean, why don't they sell explosives with the batteries not included?

And, again, why did you bring up a story about some home made explosives that didn't kill anyone in a thread about a mass shooting?

Was there a point to that?
Or, just a "cool story, bro"?

Old 02-15-2018, 08:06 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Because just like a car, you don't have to assemble it (a gun) due to liability problems....
So, why can't we purchase pre-assembled explosives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
in most cases are not controllable without some sort of expert training or are composed of unstable elements that can be set off via unintended means
So, why can't we purchase the explosives that are controllable without expert training (or require expert training to purchase them) and not composed of unstable elements that can be set off via unintended means?

Old 02-15-2018, 08:06 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Argue all you want. I am not going to give into your argument, I am will agree to disagree.,
But, how is it we know of many politicians back in the day who had slaves that had children from them. because it was recorded.
Oh well, another ignore listee.
My point was, yes there were obvious records from birth etc but nobody was looking on a daily basis into “passing” people. If you looked white, you could pass. I’m not sure what’s up for debate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies