Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 11:20 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Leader? We are each individually our own leaders. Only the collective of followers, need a leader to think for their group.
You are right, Trump certainly is NOT a leader.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 11:21 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Um .. this school is in SoFL.

80-90 degrees every day.

She is wearing a TURTLENECK SWEATER.
They do that down here. The other day it was 79 and people were wearing jackets in the evening. Inside buildings it can be cold, many people dress a bit warmer if going to be inside a place.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:22 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
And I lived in SoFL and can tell you ... no teenage girl would be caught dead in a turtleneck sweater when it is in the 80s. Never in a million years. It's not the style and it's inappropriate for the weather. IF this person was cold there would be a tank top/cardigan combo so take the sweater off when the weather *warmed up.*

It was the first thing I noticed and screamed out fake video.
Hey, I'm still agreeing with you!

And you're right on the layers.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:24 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Bush 1 signed the Gun Free School Zone Act into law in 1990.
And it was ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court in 1995.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:26 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGY3 IM View Post
If guns were allowed in the school please tell me how this wouldn't have happened? Aside from SWAT shooting everybody they see holding a gun not knowing who the Perp Is. Some of you people must be mentally ill.
If there were armed good guys in the school that shooter would have been down WELL before any police showed up. It would have also minimized the number of deaths.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:28 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
They did have school shootings 35 years ago. They had school shootings 100 years ago. You are 100% wrong, school shootings are not a new problem it just keeps getting worse due to better weapons and a high rate of availability.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School..._United_States
And the first on college mass shooting in modern times happened in 1966.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:29 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Trump did do good on his speech.
I was not a fan of Obama but one of the few times I agreed with him was during his speech about Sandy Hook. Even when you read the transcripts for both, they are both similar.

https://www.npr.org/2012/12/16/16741...k-prayer-vigil
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/15/polit...ing/index.html

Old 02-15-2018, 11:30 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
And the first on college mass shooting in modern times happened in 1966.

Yes it did and he was 25 years old, an adult, married, and a former marine. I remember Whitman well.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:30 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,018,880 times
The number of Obama gun laws that made it through Congress during his two terms in office comes in at only two, and neither placed additional restrictions on gun owners. In fact, the two gun laws signed by Obama actually expanded the rights of gun owners in the United States.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:31 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
please stop lying?

I know you're not trying to but your tearing the social fabric of this country apart. We are not Europe, guns are embedded into our constitution, we are a low density country where people use guns for a living and are free to buy them when and however they want.

If I want to into the woods in Utah and have fun with target practice on a tree or go hunting I can, if I want to protect myself, I can.

If guns were allowed on the school this wouldn't have happened, it's the gun-free zones that cause, if Cruz (the shooter) wanted to getting a gun of the black market would be the easiest thing ever. We already of tough gun laws and guess what? the state with the fewest regulations (New Hampshire) also has a lower homicide rate, and guess what that is a fact.

I don't care what CNN tells you that is a fact.

90% of gun related deaths happen due to handguns, statistically the total deaths that happened here are less than a fraction of a percent of the total murder rate.

If you want to stop gun violence then stop crimes, don't outlaw the guns. That thinking didn't work in the drug war or prohibition.

THESE are the facts, please listen and don't fall for those laws the MSM tells (told by a bunch of rich hypocritical new yorkers who have never seen violence ONCE in their lives).
Where did the person you were quoting lie? Even you admit that getting a gun would be "the easiest thing ever".

You can disagree with them on the solution, but it seems like you are the one trying to perpetuate a lie.

In some cases, it actually is easier to get a gun than to vote. That applies to legal and illegal guns (and voting).

Also, I get tired of the argument that "shootings happen at schools because they are gun free zones". Shootings happen at schools, because that is the place where bullying happens, and people with mental disorders can't handle it, and go back for revenge. THAT is why it happens at schools.

The thought that you would want to arm a school with untrained people (because you don't want more regulations, so you can't require them to have training to legally have a gun), is beyond ludacris. You really think that having a shootout at an elementary school is going to save more lives than trying to make access to guns for mentally unstable people less accessible?

How do you feel about Trump lifting the rule that prevented the mentally ill from LEGALLY getting guns? Is it possible that this guy may have been slowed down enough, that by the time he got access to the gun, MAYBE the notion to kill had passed? (I have a mentally ill person in my family, and the #1 thing all therapist say when she goes into a rage, is just try to get her from minute to minute, hour to hour, until it passes, and it WILL pass. Maybe having slightly slower access to a gun for a person like that, or like the killer would be good?)

Read my other posts, I don't want to restrict your guns, or mine. But let's be reasonable, and certainly let's be honest. That would be a refreshing start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies