Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 07:21 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,877,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
How many threads are you planning to post this on Immerse. This is the third time I've seen the same post, and it's the same lie every time I find it. Of course, the story itself was a real story. No doubt about that. However, the part that's untrue is where you say he signed it on Tuesday. I know, I know, you are hoping most of the people who tow your lines won't even bother to click the link. And if they do, maybe they won't notice the date of the story is February 28th, 2017! Yeah, that's a year ago, not Tuesday. Please, please, please, stop spreading this lie. If you want to talk about this particular story, that's fine, go do it on the thread that was started about the same story almost a year ago. This is not fresh news, and you either know it or you don't even bother to read your own source materials.
I'm a trifle baffled by your pique? H.J.Res. 40 was early amongst the laws Mr. Trump signed after inauguration & is entirely relevant to the current school shooting event as well as many of the previous mass shooting incidents:

Quote:
The 40 Laws President Trump Has Signed
Repealing Obama-Era Rules And Regulations (15)
  • H.J.Res. 67: "Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of Labor relating to savings arrangements established by qualified State political subdivisions for non-governmental employees"
  • ...H.J.Res. 40 Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by the Social Security Administration relating to Implementation of the NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007. ...

https://www.npr.org/2017/06/23/53384...ws-5-months-in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 07:21 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,168,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
They have a few other things in common too....they are mostly lefties, democrats, antifa, BLM and other extremists.
Do you have anything besides your opinion to back this up, or not?

Old 02-15-2018, 07:24 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,016,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Why does the link between medication (which helps many more people than it hurts) and violence need to be investigated but the link between AR15s and violence doesn't?
What makes these young men WANT to get the gun in the first place?

I don't think it's that they want to get the gun necessarily....it's that they want to kill people.

Why?

Old 02-15-2018, 07:27 PM

11,069 posts, read 10,629,624 times
Quote:
Why does the link between medication (which helps many more people than it hurts) and violence need to be investigated but the link between AR15s and violence doesn't?
You can reverse the question and it still applies. Why is it always about banning guns rather than investigating motives and/or common factors? Personal ownership of firearms has saved far more people than it has killed, yet the first reaction of many is to ban guns - except for those in the hands of police, military, and political security forces, of course.

28,164 posts, read 25,181,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
What makes these young men WANT to get the gun in the first place?

I don't think it's that they want to get the gun necessarily....it's that they want to kill people.

Why?
Both questions need to be asked and investigated:

Why do they want to kill?

Why is their weapon of choice almost always a gun, and nearly always an AR-15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Here's what I don't understand. Kids are doing in school shootings. But too many of the posters here are too busy pointing fingers at their political opponents or claiming nothing can be done about it anyway. Others are pointing out that more people die in other ways. OK. so does that mean we shouldn't try to stop school shootings? I'm beginning to think the real problem as to why we don't do more about school shootings is, frankly, us. We keep sending the same buttholes to Congress. We're too ready to blame the other side of the aisle for everything or throw up our hands and say nothing can be done anyway
I agree with this.

We need to stop with the finger pointing and put aside our differences to come up with some real solutions.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Both questions need to be asked and investigated:

Why do they want to kill?

Why is their weapon of choice almost always a gun, and nearly always an AR-15?
I agree and, sadly, sadly I don't know.

But I do know that if we don't find the answer to the first question, the second question doesn't matter.

If it isn't an AR-15, it will be something else.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:30 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,204,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Silly Republicans voting the way their NRA Sponsor tells them to. Silly Republicans voting once again to protect guns over and above protecting our kids.

Remember when assault weapons were banned?

The assault weapons ban was allowed to Sunset, because for the 10 years it was in place id did not decrease crime by any real margin.

And I am all of rule of law, if you suspect that someone is incapable of managing their life and are a danger to them selves or society, there is already a process in place to have their rights stripped, and that is through due process and the courts.

No one should have their rights stripped away because they find themselves on some kind of list, without breaking any laws.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:32 PM

20,635 posts, read 8,398,436 times
Read elsewhere theories he has fetal alcohol syndrome or Fragile X or Martin-Bell syndrome. Also might be autistic. Still, if he knew right from wrong he isn't legally insane.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:34 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,374,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Trump did roll it back, regardless of if it was Tuesday or not. Coincidentally or not, the same month the shooter got his rifle.
and meanwhile.. let's tell the truth

obozo's limited rule, would not have stopped this guy... obozo's rule ONLY made it that those on SSDI would be restricted..... and the rule was being complained about by the liberal ACLU due to HIPAA

so trump rolling it back....HAVE NOTHING to do with this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies