Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 08:28 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
From Bloomberg -

"The FBI is “spending too much time trying to prove Russian collusion with the Trump campaign -- there is no collusion. Get back to the basics and make us all proud!” Trump tweeted Saturday."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ble-says-trump

Trump is right. Top FBI management had been totally corrupted by and were colluding with the Obama and Hillary administration in an attempt to overturn a presidential election, then to cover up their actions.

It is a scandal of breathtaking proportions and now schoolchildren are dead. Obama and Hillary have blood on their hands.
The NRA invested $30 million to get Trump elected.

Trump promptly rolled back the Obama-era restrictions on mentally ill buying guns as one of his first acts in office.

The blood is covering Trump from head to toe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 08:31 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Because a huge agency like the FBI can only handle one investigation at a time.

SMH
That's the spin Trump is trying to spoon feed the cult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Typical, Trump bottom feeding. The FBI is closing in on him, so Trump seeks cover under the bodies of dead children.

Disgusting piece of you know what.
You got that right.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:32 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
So we're entrusting our kids safety to random people with guns. What kind of training would they have?
Force on force training utilizing simunition rounds. Trained for various active shooter scenarios both inside and outside of the building. Certified by Chief law enforcement officers. Be it a sheriff or town/city constable/commissioner or state police.

Quote:
Would you suggest a background check or just anyone who volunteers gets to stand guard at a school?
Yes there would be a background check.

Quote:
Would you wear a uniform or have some way to identify that you're there with a gun for a reason?
No. I would prefer to have the element of surprise. However I would like to stand out somewhat from plain Jane clothed folks. I would wear 3A with plates and trauma pads under a dress shirt, and have slacks or khakis or something that's comfortable and allows full range of motion should I have to sprint, I can. Should I have to tussle I will. I'd even carry thick zip ties to hog tie the SOB if I can take them alive I would rather they suffer and pay for their crime.

Quote:
I know you mean well and think it's a great idea, but there's a lot of things you don't seem to have thought through.
On the contrary. I have been in close contact with the sheriff of my county, and my congressman spit balling ideas. Have participated in active shooter training drills and even force on force training utilizing simunition rounds, even took my sister who didn't believe me that carrying her pistol in her purse was a bad idea... played out a scenario where I was a mugger, amongst a few other people ran up behind her, snatched her purse breaking the straps (had to buy a new Coach purse for her) and shot her with her pistol to prove carrying in a purse is a horrible idea.

Quote:
It reminds me of school bus drivers. They get hired to take kids safely to and from school, but then someone sees them running a red light or they get hit by a train or it's found out they have a DUI on their record. I'd hope the background checks on the random volunteers at schools with guns are more adequate than on bus drivers.
Obviously since they would have to be certified by law enforcement, plus pass a NICS check, absolutely no history of mental illness, no history of domestic violence, no history of violence or other criminal records that bars ownership of a firearm...

Old 02-18-2018, 08:34 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Typical, Trump bottom feeding. The FBI is closing in on him, so Trump seeks cover under the bodies of dead children.

Disgusting piece of you know what.

I've been hearing they've been "closing" in on him for quite some time
Now

Old 02-18-2018, 08:35 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,033,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The NRA invested $30 million to get Trump elected.

Trump promptly rolled back the Obama-era restrictions on mentally ill buying guns as one of his first acts in office.

The blood is covering Trump from head to toe.
Exactly.

Trump is disgusting to actually claim that if the FBI wasn't investigating his sleaze and corruption, they'd only then have been able to stop the school shooting.

Maybe if we stopped allowing lunatics to casually buy guns, there would be fewer shootings. Oh, but we can't have that! The NRA needs to get its money's worth from the bought right-wing stooges in office, nevermind the fact that most Americans - sane gun owners included - support certain obvious forms of tighter gun control laws:

How Americans really feel about gun control - BI

Americans views on gun control

Close the private sale / gun show loophole, stop letting crazies buy guns, and if you're on the no-fly list, you can't have a gun... because if we can't trust you on a plane, why the hell could we trust you with a gun?

But no - instead, we'll listen to more right-wing whining about how "more guns" will fix everything, and the bodies will just keep piling up.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:36 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
So now the president is claiming that democrats didn’t do enough about gun control.
Does that mean that he believes that the U.S needs more gun control?

Can we look forward to an executive order next week?

Trump blames Democrats for not acting on gun control under Obama - BI

Or will his handlers remind him that he works for the NRA?

https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/28/polit...ech/index.html

Old 02-18-2018, 08:36 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Require enhanced screening for semi-autos that includes checking records for arrests or detentions that did not lead to a conviction and if deemed necessary a psychological clearance
You plan to penalize people for actions that did not result in convictions, ignoring Due Process?
Who "deems necessary" psych rivals?

Semi-autos are the majority of firearms sold today, from kids rifles to handguns. Casting that wide of a net is likely to make the action impossible .

Old 02-18-2018, 08:38 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
So now the president is claiming that democrats didn’t do enough about gun control.
Does that mean that he believes that the U.S needs more gun control?

Can we look forward to an executive order next week?

Trump blames Democrats for not acting on gun control under Obama - BI

Or will his handlers remind him that he works for the NRA?

https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/28/polit...ech/index.html

This happened under TRUMPS watch so it's his fault. Can't blame the prior president for this one.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:38 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Trump attacks everyone but Russia

“Above all this rhetoric here, we begin losing sight of what is it we’re going to do about the threat of the Russians,” said former director of national intelligence James Clapper in an interview on CNN. “He never talks about that. It’s all about himself.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...scandal-416858

The quote in the OP proves Clapper's point.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:39 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Force on force training utilizing simunition rounds. Trained for various active shooter scenarios both inside and outside of the building. Certified by Chief law enforcement officers. Be it a sheriff or town/city constable/commissioner or state police.

Yes there would be a background check.

No. I would prefer to have the element of surprise. However I would like to stand out somewhat from plain Jane clothed folks. I would wear 3A with plates and trauma pads under a dress shirt, and have slacks or khakis or something that's comfortable and allows full range of motion should I have to sprint, I can. Should I have to tussle I will. I'd even carry thick zip ties to hog tie the SOB if I can take them alive I would rather they suffer and pay for their crime.

On the contrary. I have been in close contact with the sheriff of my county, and my congressman spit balling ideas. Have participated in active shooter training drills and even force on force training utilizing simunition rounds, even took my sister who didn't believe me that carrying her pistol in her purse was a bad idea... played out a scenario where I was a mugger, amongst a few other people ran up behind her, snatched her purse breaking the straps (had to buy a new Coach purse for her) and shot her with her pistol to prove carrying in a purse is a horrible idea.

Obviously since they would have to be certified by law enforcement, plus pass a NICS check, absolutely no history of mental illness, no history of domestic violence, no history of violence or other criminal records that bars ownership of a firearm...
The shooter passed all of the required checks.
Ironic, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies