Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 05:16 AM

913 posts, read 884,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I don't remember anyone saying 13 and 14-year-olds were mature enough to "date" Roy Moore. Since it's mainly the left who doesn't think folks that young should be able to own guns and it was also mostly the left who was against Moore being elected, I'm just a tad bit confused. And no one read anything into what I said. I never said the right was OK with girls that young "dating" any grown man.
The right didn't need to say they were ok with 13 and 14 yr olds being abused by a grown man ( I say abused because we all know it is against the law for adults to date a child, so it can never be called dating) they showed they were ok with it by supporting and voting for him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 05:20 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
There will be no 'gun control'. There may be a change in background checks, and reporting of mental health issues. That's my prediction.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:21 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradrops View Post
The right didn't need to say they were ok with 13 and 14 yr olds being abused by a grown man ( I say abused because we all know it is against the law for adults to date a child, so it can never be called dating) they showed they were ok with it by supporting and voting for him
That's why I used quotes around date. I think most of the right wrongly did not believe the girls, now women, although I remember some comments saying they'd be better off with Moore in office even if he were guilty rather than a Democrat.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:26 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradrops View Post
Let's be "fair" about it for supporting is one thing but why people vote for someone can be something entirely different, such as for whatever reason, they don't want the other guy in office.

A and B.....and then there is C.

A: People going to great lengths to see that the other guy doesn't succeed....sort of like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itter_Castle

B: If one is an American, then one ought to respect another's right to vote for who they want for whatever reason....even if they don't agree with it.

................and then there is C. Sometimes, you use people only for as long as they are useful and then, do aw.....errrrrr.......cut off their support.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:34 AM

3,368 posts, read 1,604,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
I think you should be investigated and lawfully prevented from purchasing guns, knives, driving, having a relationship, purchasing anything or having a debate....you admit you're unstable and might flip out at any time...Contact the authorities immediately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I think its quite unfair for one adult to react in such a way to another adult during the course of a conversation.

zeliner shared something to add to the conversation. That shouldn't be mocked.
It isn't mocking for the sake of it.
That is the literal interpretation of what you and other posters are suggesting. It is the unlawful restriction and treatment of an American citizen, the stripping of any law abiding citizen's rights without due process.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:09 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
It isn't mocking for the sake of it.
That is the literal interpretation of what you and other posters are suggesting. It is the unlawful restriction and treatment of an American citizen, the stripping of any law abiding citizen's rights without due process.
Hence my caveat LAWFULLY PREVENTED...

Old 02-20-2018, 06:24 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times
How come nobody blames the gun when a cop shoots someone??
Let that sink in.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:52 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Let that sink in.
Let this sink in. You gun lovers want to say the gun control crowd doesn't place blame on the shooter. That's a lie. We blame him most of all. But he didn't go there alone and shoot people with his finger. He took a killing machine. Besides, a law enforcement officer is of age and trained to use his fire arm. That creep in Florida was 19 and already stockpiled 10 guns!

How about this one? Folks say "guns don't kill; people kill." But when LEOs go on shift or the military goes to war, they make sure to take their guns?

Old 02-20-2018, 06:54 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Let that sink in.
Let this sink in:

Many of us who've been vocal about the use of excessive force by cops have blamed the access to military grade weaponry and tools and lack of training as part of the problem.

Last edited by Magritte25; 02-20-2018 at 07:02 AM.. Reason: transposed words for a funny, but nonsensical, statement

Old 02-20-2018, 06:58 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Let this sink in. You gun lovers want to say the gun control crowd doesn't place blame on the shooter. That's a lie. We blame him most of all. But he didn't go there alone and shoot people with his finger. He took a killing machine. Besides, a law enforcement officer is of age and trained to use his fire arm. That creep in Florida was 19 and already stockpiled 10 guns!

How about this one? Folks say "guns don't kill; people kill." But when LEOs go on shift or the military goes to war, they make sure to take their guns?
I would bet that most avid gun owners are better trained than the average cop! I said average...there will be avid gun owners who are also cops...but the myth that cops are highly trained/skilled with firearms is just that...a myth. Same with average military! I was in the Marine Corps, which get more firearm training that the other basice services and yet, most of my skill and expertise happened outside of the military due to my own interest and practice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies