Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 07:29 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
That I would like to see. Hope he consults his notes first. Like the ones he had to use today while talking to the Parkland families and students, that said, "I hear you." What a tone-deaf farce of a president he is.
You mean like the last one, or the one before that? Heaven forbid someone has notes. Talk about petty B.S.. That's what happens with TDS infection, being petty is a side affect.

Just so you're aware, there's treatment for TDS, even severe cases can be cured!

Look, at least Trump doesn't need a teleprompter every time he talks to a group and at least he can talk off the cuff without stammering and yammering like a complete idiot. Ummmm,ahhhh,uummmmm,ahhh,yeah,ummmmm.but ahhhh.
So he had some notes, so what...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2018, 07:30 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Why do you think assault rifles are needed? Hopefully, the ban will be reinstated. We need to protect our children in schools. Like I have mentioned before, the deer just walk right up to me in my yard............you need assault rifles for hunting? I don't think so.

Plus, our constitution gives every person in America, freedom. Freedom to live freely, without some maniac lurking around every corner with a chip on their shoulder, waiting to take us out.

You tell me. Where does this end?
Need is subjective. Your push back is your opinion and just that, whatever reason I give is just that, another opinion. The right to bear arms isn't about my opinion or yours as to what someone may or may not need.

I've been around 1000s of corners in some pretty huge cities, rural areas, both good and bad, and never encountered one of these "maniacs" that you suggest are lurking everywhere.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
The moment you start comparing firearms to a bottle of liquor, is the moment when you have lost all credibility.
The minute you start solely blaming guns is the moment when you've lost your mind...

Old 02-22-2018, 07:40 AM

1,704 posts, read 748,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Need is subjective. Your push back is your opinion and just that, whatever reason I give is just that, another opinion. The right to bear arms isn't about my opinion or yours as to what someone may or may not need.

I've been around 1000s of corners in some pretty huge cities, rural areas, both good and bad, and never encountered one of these "maniacs" that you suggest are lurking everywhere.
No, they're not lurking "everywhere"! That was quite obviously a figure of speech. However, the likelihood that you yourself, or an unsuspecting loved one, could become a victim of a mass-shooting, increases with time, if we decide to take no action to reduce gun prevalence and its lethality within our country.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:40 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
good ol' cnn...

Shooting Survivor: CNN Gave Me "Scripted Question" After Denying Question About Armed Guards

Old 02-22-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
The minute you start solely blaming guns is the moment when you've lost your mind...
No, the moment you think that Americans as a whole will complacently accept wanton widespread mass-murder of our innocent children and unsuspecting public, without taking some type of gun control action is the moment you've lost your mind!

Guns and especially certain gun types or features ARE a major part of the problem.

Another part of the problem is the natural propensity of human beings towards hatred, aggression, and violence. Something that firearms can only exacerbate!

Old 02-22-2018, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You mean like the last one, or the one before that? Heaven forbid someone has notes. Talk about petty B.S.. That's what happens with TDS infection, being petty is a side affect.

Just so you're aware, there's treatment for TDS, even severe cases can be cured!

Look, at least Trump doesn't need a teleprompter every time he talks to a group and at least he can talk off the cuff without stammering and yammering like a complete idiot. Ummmm,ahhhh,uummmmm,ahhh,yeah,ummmmm.but ahhhh.
So he had some notes, so what...

So quite obviously then, you've never seen any of his Tweets or observed his many ignorant speeches...

Old 02-22-2018, 07:57 AM

CNN denies it, just like they denied their talking head Donna Brazile gave Hillary debate questions or when CNN reportedly staged an anti-ISIS protest in the U.K..
Yeah, they've got such a great track record of telling the truth.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
So quite obviously then, you've never seen any of his Tweets or observed his many ignorant speeches...
Who, Obama? Yep, seen plenty of them...

Old 02-22-2018, 08:10 AM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times

Shooting Survivor: CNN Gave Me "Scripted Question" After Denying Question About Armed Guards

Bolded for emphasis, in case some missed this.

I really wish he would have gone anyway and asked his question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies