Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 07:00 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Hey, you ever try and sneak seconds in lunch line? I wouldn't mess with them lunch ladies on a freakin' dare, not even with YOUR spork...
Have you ever even witnessed a live shooting incident? I didn't think so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2018, 07:51 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Even the ones who can vote due to being 18, god help us if they were to take over as has been suggested over the last week or so. We've got enough problems with those who can but don't vote and loons that do vote but certainly shouldn't not to mention those who basically close their eyes and pull a lever.

All I can say to those who're of this mind whatever you're taking please stop now as it won't turn out well...
Honestly I wonder if these people have any earthly idea how far off their rockers they look and sound.

Old 02-25-2018, 08:04 PM

17,540 posts, read 13,324,825 times
School Shooting Plot Exposed: You Wont Believe who Set it Up

Don’t let the media sell you some sob story about how we need more gun control in this country. This is all about corrupt politicians and money.

https://freedomoutpost.com/school-sh...t-believe-set/

Old 02-25-2018, 08:19 PM

1,704 posts, read 748,682 times
Quote:
"US"? Who is "us"? You got a rat in your pocket or you talking about the TDS crowd?
You know us! Like all of us, together....

There are no rats and no pockets...Just us!

Old 02-25-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Honestly I wonder if these people have any earthly idea how far off their rockers they look and sound.
If you're not too far away from your own rocker, or not too faint of heart, you might wanna take a quick glance into a mirror, yourself!

Old 02-25-2018, 09:01 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,482,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
School Shooting Plot Exposed: You Wont Believe who Set it Up
Seriously Mike? I can't believe you believe and posted this story. I thought better of you.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:39 PM

17,540 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Seriously Mike? I can't believe you believe and posted this story
I do believe it and friends in Miami-Dade and Broward substantiated it when I spoke to them this afternoon when I saw it.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Even the ones who can vote due to being 18, god help us if they were to take over as has been suggested over the last week or so. We've got enough problems with those who can but don't vote and loons that do vote but certainly shouldn't not to mention those who basically close their eyes and pull a lever.

All I can say to those who're of this mind whatever you're taking please stop now as it won't turn out well...
Based solely upon our last election, it would appear that political scruples and scrutiny can have absolutely nothing to do with the results...

Therefore, age is a moot point to discuss, in the midst of a blind electorate.

OTOH

Maybe it's not so much a blind electorate as it is a stupid electoral college.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:48 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
I so love empty threats.

Here's the problem at this point, it's becoming more and more apparent had the LEO's done their jobs and had the existing laws been followed we'd not be here discussing this and those 17 people would still be breathing without taking any innocent people's rights away.

Making terroristic threats is a felony and I believe a Federal charge (please correct me if I'm wrong) and most (maybe all states) have laws against making threats to schools. Here in AZ it's called "Disrupting a a place of learning".
They JUST showed on our local Phoenix news a man who was arrested yesterday for both charges that I listed. Guns would be taken into custody along with the accused and kept should a conviction be the end result as felons cannot have (legal) guns.

Again, last night while watching LivePD one department responded to a girls house for making threats against a school. She had allegedly posted threats under an assumed name on a social media site and LEO's backtracked her IP address to her cell phone. There have been at least 4 arrests here in AZ since the FL shooting so maybe LEO's got the wake-up call they needed? Too soon to tell I think, we'll see if this heightened alert lasts for any length of time.
Maybe the best thing that can come out of this is the FBI creates a task force specifically for these kinds of crimes and maybe federal grant money can be allocated to Police Departments to create a cyber threat division to focus on such things as these?

Get many more of these, and you will see a movement to repeal the 2A. That will take years, but remember, other Constitutional Amendments have gone through. Gun owners are a declining breed, and especially those that are 2A strong defenders are withering way. Slowly, but we have seen even on these boards, that gun owners disavow the NRA and to some extent, the 2A. Wait until those kids come to power (they will). The 2A will be dismantled.

Old 02-25-2018, 11:19 PM

6,260 posts, read 5,066,250 times
One more piece of the puzzle. Police were strongly discouraged from arresting and charging students for serious misconduct.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3719...Discipline-MOU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies