Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 05:34 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,932,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm responding directly to this post of yours
Again, try READING sometime. The post I responded to tried to redefine what the 2nd said which has already been to SCOTUS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It also says a well regulated military is necessary to the security of a free State. Sounds to me like it was for us as a country to be able to protect ourselves against hostile forces. That's why the rights of the citizens wasn't supposed to be infringed. Not so every Tom, Dick and Harry could have a ton of guns to go shootin'.
Sleepy, I'm done dancing with someone who just want's to fight, Ignore for you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 05:35 PM

12,331 posts, read 8,061,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Well, "rapid fire" is somewhat debatable when it comes to civilian weaponry.

However, anytime you can convert a semi-automatic firearm to an automatic firearm, it's not advisable to make the semi-automatic one available, given our current gun climate...
Perhaps in Las Vegas that would have helped, everywhere else it was the other design features which initially drew USAF interest which is what people are trying to find a way to ban

Old 02-26-2018, 05:38 PM

Goodyear Arizona: A police substation has been placed in an elementary school in Goodyear,AZ. It is where officers go to do paperwork etc.

The school administration says it allows positive interaction for the kids at the school and places protection onsite as well.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:44 PM

You can't make this crap up.

Thankfully it's a severe crime to threaten a school in AZ and LEO's are arresting people right and left over the last couple of weeks. Charged with Interference or Disruption of an Education Facility and Conspiracy to Commit Terrorism. Maybe if LEO's in Florida had done something?

SAN TAN VALLEY — Two Combs High School students were arrested after discussing a plot to bring a gun onto campus.

According to the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office, a Combs student overheard two classmates talking about bringing a gun to school. PCSO investigated the matter after the witness made a report to school officials and learned that a 15-year-old student threatened to file off the serial number on a gun and bring it to school.

A GoFundMe page was then set up by another student to raise money to buy ammunition for the 15-year-old. The page has since been deleted.

Combs students arrested for making shooting threat | Education | pinalcentral.com

Old 02-26-2018, 05:48 PM

42,777 posts, read 26,067,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Again, try READING sometime. The post I responded to tried to redefine what the 2nd said which has already been to SCOTUS.

Sleepy, I'm done dancing with someone who just want's to fight, Ignore for you...
oh noooo

Old 02-26-2018, 06:58 PM

1,704 posts, read 746,146 times
That and what's to prevent some hyped-up unruly kid from taking the gun from a teacher and using it on the teacher, another student, or perhaps even on himself!

Just a very bad idea all around...

Old 02-26-2018, 07:09 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,948,970 times
Quote:
That and what's to prevent some hyped-up unruly kid from taking the gun from a teacher and using it on the teacher, another student, or perhaps even on himself!

Just a very bad idea all around...
If we legislated by "what if" worst case scenarios, we would have zero laws.

Although I don't support the idea that one example means perfection, its working here so its clearly something that might be feasible in some schools

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...s-trump-362397

Old 02-26-2018, 07:18 PM

1,704 posts, read 746,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
If we legislated by "what if" worst case scenarios, we would have zero laws.

Although I don't support the idea that one example means perfection, its working here so its clearly something that might be feasible in some schools

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...s-trump-362397
The very last thing we need is to turn our schools into an armed camp. We also don't need schools to look like prisons.

The answer to this NRA created gun-culture is NOT more guns. That's exactly what the NRA gun lobby wants!

Let's stop playing into their hands for once, please!

Old 02-26-2018, 07:19 PM

25,423 posts, read 9,741,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I'm sure they will but they probably won't be what the more shrill are screaming for. I'd bet we'll see some kind of tightening of background checks, more clarification of reporting those suspected of being mentally challenged or dangerous, what it takes to restrict someones right to possess, things like that.

We may/probably will see some kind of ban on bump stocks, how long it lasts depends on how deep the pockets of the manufacturer and the courts.

I doubt we'll see any ban on guns though.
I've never been in favor of a gun ban. I would like to see your ideas implemented though. That would certainly be progress.

Old 02-26-2018, 07:20 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,948,970 times
Quote:
The very last thing we need is to turn our schools into an armed camp. We also don't need schools to look like prisons.

The answer to this NRA created gun-culture is NOT more guns. That's exactly what the NRA gun lobby wants!

Let's stop playing into their hands for once, please!
Interesting, stick to your talking points even in the face of an actual real life working example, and you have the nerve to tell ME to stop playing into someones hands? I'm here looking at real examples, you are somewhere hiding in a corner memorizing the talking points that make you feel warm and fuzzy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies