Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 08:42 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,244,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
LOL mass homicide with a 2x4?

somebody has been watching too many Steven Seagal movies
Did I say mass homicide with a 2x4 or homicide? Do you know the difference?

As far as mass homicides, bullet or car? Bullet or fire?

I assume due to the lack of followup you're either incapable of analyzing crime figures, or apathetic to the crime figures. It figures. Form your own opinion, don't rely on some talking head to make you their puppet.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:50 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,637,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Did I say mass homicide with a 2x4
yup
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 10:44 AM

18,651 posts, read 7,502,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
The first independent clause of the 2nd amendment has no bearing what so ever on the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

It's amazing how the self proclaimed 'educated' party can't understand basic English.
No matter how "educated", if the liberals try hard enough to not understand English, they will succeed in not understanding it... and will use that fact to craft the endless lies their agenda depends on.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:13 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,244,355 times
Quote:
yup
Sure, so on top of every other challenge, add in reading comprehension, or are you ESL?

Old 02-18-2018, 04:38 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,853,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Then they should be "well regulated" in their ownership and use of firearms. If you own a gun you should be subject to regulation as if in a militia or home guard. Regulated other than by the NRA.
One thing you need to be careful about in interpreting old text is the meaning of words and phrases have changed over time. "well regulated" does not have the same meaning now as it did then. At the time "well regulated" meant "in good working order", "effective" etc. e.g "The clock is well regulated." if it kept good time.

Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Becomes:
Quote:
An effective Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 02-19-2018, 07:51 AM

37,939 posts, read 17,761,158 times
Quote:
Yes, yes, pay no attention to the GUNS

focus on the mental health -- which i might add, the GOP doesn't care about either.
Yet you have no proof.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:32 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,470,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
The framers of the Constitution were at a particular point in history. Anyone know what the history of the time was? There were federalists & anti-federalists, and this was a compromise where one side was attempting to ensure the federal government wouldn't become a tyranny, i.e. limiting power. Plus, guns were kind of a necessity for people living outside of well-populated areas. If I'm literally on the frontier, I probably need a gun.

What gets me, is I can see my understanding of these words is incomplete. I will never know what the framers would think of our situation. I fully admit that I don't know it all. I have never, ever talked with a pro-gun person who will say the same. These things have been debated since the Constitution was written! That's why there's a 2nd Amendment in the first place. And it's been debated all these years. It's hubris to think that a regular citizen who has not studied extensively and weighed evidence has all the answers. You don't. I don't. So we must talk about it. And insulting me because I have a different view is childish. And if you do that, you should be treated like a child.
The problem is, the framers and founding fathers could have never foreseen the lengths our modern govt would go to, in order to undermine the constitution, brainwashing, conditioning, using the media, etc. Govt has become extremely sneaky in modern times. They have basically learned the best way to change or undermine the constitution is to sway public opinion on the issue, in other words, make the public opinion line up with what they want, disguise tyranny as security, safety, etc.

After all, there is not much risk of a big revolution if majority of the citizens take the same side as Govt.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:40 AM

25,777 posts, read 16,401,223 times
Quote:
for the same reasons they allowed the enslavement of people, and prohibited the majority of the population from voting : Because they made mistakes.
Allowed it? Hardly. It was a reality of the time they lived in.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:30 AM

18,651 posts, read 7,502,865 times
Quote:
You can copy-paste all the stories you want, but it won't make it a refutation.
Prof. Copperud's explanations make it a refutation.

Your desperately ignoring it again and again, doesn't make your oft-refuted ideas right.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:32 AM

5,885 posts, read 3,868,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The problem is, the framers and founding fathers could have never foreseen the lengths our modern govt would go to, in order to undermine the constitution, brainwashing, conditioning, using the media, etc.
What an idiotic statement. Do you really believe that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies