Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 06:32 AM

57,288 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Government officials are not supposed to fly first class. They can often use their "points" to upgrade on their own, even though those points are earned via government travel.

I believe when I read the story last weekend, Pruitt was actually paying/booking the first class seat in most cases.
He was supposed to fly coach and after he was caught he claimed he had a blanket waiver, he did not have authorization. If he needs to travel first class he can upgrade out of his own pocket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2018, 06:41 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
It is NOT the job of the head of the EPA (no matter the party) to take abuse from some loser (Of the other party) when they are flying from point A to B. Personally I think they should have booted the person for being disruptive.

BTW this goes both ways. Had it been Obamas EPA chief I would say the same thing.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:20 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
There most certainly is an Obama gate.

I located a picture of it.

Obama Kalorama House - Photos Of The Obamas' New House In Washington, D.C.

Quite the shack!

Old 02-16-2018, 08:09 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Maybe he should have flown on "private" military aircraft like pelosi did just about EVERY WEEK-END to and from her home in San Fran?

"It reads like a dream order for a wild frat party: Maker’s Mark whiskey, Courvoisier cognac, Johnny Walker Red scotch, Grey Goose vodka, E&J brandy, Bailey’s Irish Crème, Bacardi Light rum, Jim Beam whiskey, Beefeater gin, Dewars scotch, Bombay Sapphire gin, Jack Daniels whiskey … and Corona beer. But that single receipt makes up just part of the more than $101,000 taxpayers paid for “in-flight services” – including food and liquor, for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s trips on Air Force jets over the last two years. That’s almost $1,000 per week.

Read more at Taxpayers’ $101,000 includes Pelosi’s in-flight ‘food, booze’
You should have done your research somewhere other than WND lol.

Since 9/11 the Speaker of the House has been authorized military travel. The Sgt. of Arms, who also served under a Republican administration became aware that the smallest military jet had to stop enroute to San Francisco and refuel, so he asked if she could use a larger jet. She flew on the small jet when headwinds would not require a stop for refueling at other times she was assigned whatever larger jet was available. Denny Hastert also flew on military jets. I'm not sure how Paul Ryan travels, my guess would be on a broomstick

https://www.factcheck.org/2008/12/na...-personal-jet/

Old 02-16-2018, 08:32 AM

16,086 posts, read 10,747,693 times
...because he's an elitist snowflake who can't stand criticism or scrutiny

Old 02-16-2018, 08:42 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
At his level he should be entitled to fly First Class just like any other upper level executive at any large corporation.
No no no -- my tax money. I am required by law to pay those taxes so he can fly first class no.

Private sector -- I am not required by law to support them treating their CEO's to first class.

NO NO NO

From now on in -- politicians can start go fund me accounts and asks people like you to support their need for first class.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:44 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
At his level he should be entitled to fly First Class just like any other upper level executive at any large corporation.
But Taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for it...if he's flying first class, he should cover the difference himself.

You can keep him secure in coach...just make sure there are a few air marshals on board and his security team.

Old 02-16-2018, 09:02 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Amazing how forgiving Republicans are with their own. How many is this now? Taking advantage of taxpayers thinking it’s ok and their better than the average citizen. If you think you are too good to fly coach then don’t take the job. Duh! Don’t blame Obama. We aren’t talking about him. Stay on topic...

Old 02-16-2018, 09:35 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
He is flying first class because liberals cannot behave civilly to the point his security sees a threat to his safety.

We live in sad times.

Old 02-16-2018, 09:49 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
He is flying first class because liberals cannot behave civilly to the point his security sees a threat to his safety.

We live in sad times.
You don't need to be in first class (past a curtain for goodness sake) to ensure his safety. That curtain won't stop a nut.

He already flies with a security detail. If another passenger is going to heckle him, the passenger need to be removed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies