Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 06:47 AM

15,590 posts, read 10,327,145 times

Advertisements

I wonder how Utah citizens will feel about Romney carpetbagging his way into the state to run for senator. romney didn't claim to live in Utah, and hadn't lived there in decades, until a few weeks ago. within hours after orrin hatch announced his retirement from the senate Romney went from a resident of Massachusetts to a resident of utah.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ate-seat-opens

....Republican Senator Orrin Hatch of Utah announced he’ll retire after 2018.

As of 3:12 p.m. East Coast time, [Romney's twitter location] read "Massachusetts," where Romney formerly served as governor. By 5:45 p.m., it was tweaked to Holladay, Utah.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 02-17-2018 at 07:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2018, 06:48 AM

45,089 posts, read 60,158,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
He will win and take over John McCain's criticism of Trump. That's why Trump was trying to talk Hatch out of retiring. I think Romney is respected by both parties.
Right. Only until he decides to run and then Democrats demonize and lie about him.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:41 AM

5,311 posts, read 2,100,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I wonder how Utah citizens will feel about Romney carpetbagging his way into the state to run for senator. romney didn't claim to live in Utah, and hadn't lived there in decades, until a few weeks ago. within hours after orrin hatch announced his retirement from the senate Romney went from a resident of Massachusetts to a resident of utah.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ate-seat-opens

....Republican Senator Orrin Hatch of Utah announced he’ll retire after 2018.

As of 3:12 p.m. East Coast time, [Romney's twitter location] read "Massachusetts," where Romney formerly served as governor. By 5:45 p.m., it was tweaked to Holladay, Utah.
Well, if we’re worrying about that, Hatch did the same thing pretty much, only moving here a few years before he won and has hardly lived here for decades. Romney got a house here in 2013. Some of his sons+family have moved here. I have read comments on the local paper about how he is actually living as part of the Holliday, UT community. There’s more to residency than where your Twitter account says you are, so I’d be more interested in that sort of info, if it mattered. He’s had ties to this state at least for a long while. I’ll vote for him (no, not a lib/Dem)

Old 02-17-2018, 09:29 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,288,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Right. Only until he decides to run and then Democrats demonize and lie about him.
But they can't demonize him. That's the point of this whole thread. A disappointing thread I must say. Only a few libs engaged in it so far and none condemned Obama while praising Romney except for 1-2. We have a full board of libs. Where are they?

Yesterday the Left declared nearly-complete victory (full is Trump out of office) in the Russia probe with Mueller's indictments. That makes it official per the 3rd debate of the 2012 election: Obama was the vastly inferior candidate who is single-handidly responsible for Russia completely running the U.S. (as the Left claims they do) and Romney deserves to be on Mt. Rushmore.

That's the logic. These are the facts the Left says we must go by and yet so few nibbles in this thread.

Old 02-17-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Less than you threw in Obama's direction.

Romney is a wealthy entitled jerk who grew even richer by robbing workers of their pensions.

Even a creep like him can recognize your boy tRump as a lower life form.

Carry on.

According to your logic Trump is merely a tool of the Obama/Putin alliance.

Do I need to post the clip from the 2012 3rd debate again?

It's all so shocking. Plus as I mentioned earlier all liberals are now offically racist against black people. Remember, anyone who hates Obama only does so because they're racist. The good people at CNN told me that.

Now that the Left officially hate Obama and want Romney as president they are all racists.

The logic is clear.

Old 02-17-2018, 09:51 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,381,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
According to your logic Trump is merely a tool of the Obama/Putin alliance.

Do I need to post the clip from the 2012 3rd debate again?

It's all so shocking. Plus as I mentioned earlier all liberals are now offically racist against black people. Remember, anyone who hates Obama only does so because they're racist. The good people at CNN told me that.

Now that the Left officially hate Obama and want Romney as president they are all racists.

The logic is clear.
That is some kind of Rube Goldberg type of logic there. Does your post come with a mathematical formula?

Old 02-17-2018, 09:54 AM

26,324 posts, read 14,928,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
The NRA and Russia will be throwing the money. That's how the other ones brought their seats.
In the 2016 election cycle, the NRA donated a total of $817K...that is for ALL candidates in ALL races for the US House and US Senate. Throw in Trump and governors and it was $1.1 Million.

The top 3 biggest NRA donations for the 2016 election cycle in the Senate AND House:

#1 Senate Blunt, Roy (R-MO) $11,900
#2 House Comstock, Barbara (R-VA) $10,400
#3 Senate Burr, Richard (R-NC) $9,900

The NRA donated to 214 Republicans running for the US House, with an average donation of $2,681. Yes, less than $3K per congress member.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/top...rt=&cycle=2016

Four Questions for you:

Do you sincerely think that $2,681 to a congress member's campaign buys them a seat?

Do you hold liberal groups to the same standard that ~$2,681 donations is buying seats?

Do you think the GOP in congress is pro-guns more because the GOP base is pro-guns or because the NRA cut them a ~$2,681 check for their campaign?

Are you just repeating a vacuous talking point MSNBC or similar was espousing?

P.S. I will support stricter gun control, but let's be honest when we discuss the issue.

Old 02-17-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
That is some kind of Rube Goldberg type of logic there. Does your post come with a mathematical formula?
No, math is racist according to the Left.

Come on Treebeard. It was a great day yesterday. Finally we learned that Obama handed the country over to Russia, you have a Romney poster hanging above your bed, and I'm now officially a liberal.

Aren't you excited moving forward in trying to get Romney to run for president in 2020? I am.

Old 02-17-2018, 10:10 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,413,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
With Mitt Romney running for Senate in Utah just how much support (time, money) will you be giving him?
Why should any Democrat support a Republican when a Democrat will be running for the same seat? Is this one of those 'beg the question' type of queries so you can show Romney is a RINO??

I am not a fan, but I give Romney high marks for calling out that traitor Trump. Any man of integrity would.

He's better than Rubio and worse than Kasich.

Altogether I would rather see an independent or a Democrat take the seat. But Romney will be strong in Utah, he is a bishop of the Mormon church and well regarded among the regular Republicans in that state.

Old 02-17-2018, 10:13 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,413,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The NRA donated to 214 Republicans running for the US House, with an average donation of $2,681. Yes, less than $3K per congress member.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/top...rt=&cycle=2016
BLOOD money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies