Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2018, 04:26 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times

Advertisements

its not that you have the right to bear arms, that is a right from god and human nature to protect yourself, any means possible.

the second amendment is telling the government, dont go there, the government doesnt have the right to take away guns. its not a human individual right, its telling government that they have no power in this area.

Old 02-18-2018, 04:29 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Decades of peace and security and inferior agenda-driven school systems and universities have eroded what people understand about oppressive governments.
No, my Dad who fought in WWII knew exactly what an oppressive government was. And I who joined the Army years ago know exactly what a oppressive government is. So please don't insult me. The power you think you have does not come from the possession of a gun. To think that you and your popgun could stand up to the military might of the government is ludicrous. No. Your power comes from your vote. Your power comes from the ability to make your case in the way our country is governed. Should you prevail and make your case for the status quo. Well, that's to bad for me. But you have exercised your true power and I will have to move on. But if I make my case and the majority agrees with me, well, that's what power is in this country. It does not come from the point of a gun no matter what the NRA tells you.

Old 02-18-2018, 04:29 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in Illinois View Post
The Ar-15 is not a common hunting gun in the true sense of the word hunting. The Ar-15 has been adapted to what might be called hunting by owners desperate to shoot their new toy at something. Once again playing soldier.
Explain that to the millions of American hunters that use them. Yes, millions. Most popular rifle platform in America.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/mos...in-america/13/

Old 02-18-2018, 04:31 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in Illinois View Post
The founding fathers had no way of predicting the advancement in weapons nor could they predict that their intent would be twisted/preverted by modern industries that would profit from these weapons misuse in peace time. To say that all weapons are created without a specific purpose is pure folly. NO private citizen needs military/police style weapons except to play Rambo or soldier.
Well for that matter do you think that there will be any advancements in technology than from what we have today? If you answer yes to that question, then why would that be any different from the way people thought back then?

I dare you to answer no unless you don't and making a complete fool out of yourself.

Last edited by Ex New Yorker; 02-18-2018 at 05:55 PM..

Old 02-18-2018, 04:35 PM

50,798 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Like all those that voted for Hillary, and the way she and the DNC kept our democratic government stable and honest. Ask Bernie Sanders his opinion about that.
The issue being debated has NOTHING to do will Hillary or Donald or the DNC or RNC or Bernie or Jeb.

Old 02-18-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
The issue being debated has NOTHING to do will Hillary or Donald or the DNC or RNC or Bernie or Jeb.
"The way you keep the government honest and just is by voting and participating in democracy"

Who said the above?

I gave you but one recent example of corrupt government. Simply responding to your statement.

Old 02-18-2018, 04:42 PM

2,898 posts, read 1,867,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Explain that to the millions of American hunters that use them. Yes, millions. Most popular rifle platform in America.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/mos...in-america/13/
It's absolutely a popular and effective gun for hunting

There are many caliber conversions where an AR can effectively shoot anything.

.22LR, .223, .308 6.5 GRENDEL, 7MM, 6.8 CREEDMOOR, ETC...

They are accurate, ergonomic to use and easy to maintain.

Old 02-18-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
No, my Dad who fought in WWII knew exactly what an oppressive government was. And I who joined the Army years ago know exactly what a oppressive government is. So please don't insult me. The power you think you have does not come from the possession of a gun. To think that you and your popgun could stand up to the military might of the government is ludicrous. No. Your power comes from your vote. Your power comes from the ability to make your case in the way our country is governed. Should you prevail and make your case for the status quo. Well, that's to bad for me. But you have exercised your true power and I will have to move on. But if I make my case and the majority agrees with me, well, that's what power is in this country. It does not come from the point of a gun no matter what the NRA tells you.
Your power comes from all of the amendments, and the rationale behind them. All of them. The entire bill of rights.

Old 02-18-2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
It's absolutely a popular and effective gun for hunting

There are many caliber conversions where an AR can effectively shoot anything.

.22LR, .223, .308 6.5 GRENDEL, 7MM, 6.8 CREEDMOOR, ETC...

They are accurate, ergonomic to use and easy to maintain.
Dont forget the .50 Beowulf!

Ok, maybe not a hunting round so much.

Old 02-18-2018, 04:49 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Oh jesus...well, just because it says "god given" doesn't mean that god actually gives these freedoms but if that's what you believe then where is the critical thinking here? There weren't atheists back then? So is this written literally or is there any give at all?
It doesn't say God given. The preamble to the Declaration of Independence states "we are endowed by our creator with certain unalienable rights". It doesn't say we are endowed by our government or endowed by an elected body of individuals. It specifically states that we are endowed by "our creator".

The reason being that no one other than "our creator", whomever or whatever they may be can rescind those certain inalienable rights. The Constitution which is the law of the land specifies what those rights are in the Bill of Rights. This has absolutely nothing to do with religion or a belief in God. All public officials are sworn to uphold the Constitution and Bill of Rights as the laws of the land "so help them God".

It doesn't matter whether you're an atheist or not. It's the basic principle of which this nation was founded. It is not that difficult to understand. You may not like it or completely disagree with it. But it is what it is and no amount of wishful thinking can change that. By the way, where is your critical thinking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies