Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 07:18 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I don't care about the movie genre one way or the other. Now answer the question can a person not like the movie?
A deflection, as expected. Typical con.

And you didn't ask me a question, nice try.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:18 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,529,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justw8 View Post
This was all created by a white man tho.

Yup Stan the man Lee And Jack Kirby. The op doesn't like black heroes I guess.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:21 PM

16 posts, read 9,150 times
I was bored with it

Old 02-18-2018, 07:26 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,070,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
But that's not multiculturalism that is required of America and the West. They don't have sizable populations of Europeans, Asians and Indians, Middle Easterner and Latin Americans etc living under one country.

But not without being accused or suspected of having an anti-black or improper motive. So few are going to say anything other than it's the best whether they believe it or not.
Have you ever been to these countries? Nigeria is more diverse than the U.S by a long-shot. You drive 40 miles and you don't even understand the language of the people there. Also if your talking about phenotype diversity then that isn't multiculturalism. Have you been to El Paso or Corpus Christi? Vast majority of people there are Hispanic but all you here walking around in corpus is Southern accents and El Paso looks like any American city, I have ever been to. America is almost essentially a mono-culture. Most people have the same language, the same religion, shop at the same stores and go to the same places to eat. Sure immigrants have a few stuff from other countries but clearly their culture is almost the exact same as White American culture. A multicultural country would be Spain with Catalan or Basque region in Spain, having a different skin color doesn't mean you have a different culture. Race and culture have zero relation, ethnicity and religion has a bigger relation with culture than race.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:34 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,869,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Have you ever been to these countries? Nigeria is more diverse than the U.S by a long-shot. You drive 40 miles and you don't even understand the language of the people there. Also if your talking about phenotype diversity then that isn't multiculturalism. Have you been to El Paso or Corpus Christi? Vast majority of people there are Hispanic but all you here walking around in corpus is Southern accents and El Paso looks like any American city, I have ever been to. America is almost essentially a mono-culture. Most people have the same language, the same religion, shop at the same stores and go to the same places to eat. Sure immigrants have a few stuff from other countries but clearly their culture is almost the exact same as White American culture. A multicultural country would be Spain with Catalan or Basque region in Spain, having a different skin color doesn't mean you have a different culture. Race and culture have zero relation, ethnicity and religion has a bigger relation with culture than race.
I can walk out my door and at the nearest public square hear languages I don't understand and see foreign clothing. Countries in Africa can't even integrate their closest ethnics and America is required to try to integrate the whole world.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:51 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,792,816 times
A radioactive spider biting a teenager and giving him superpowers is way more believable than the most advanced civilization in the history of the world being in Sub-Saharan Africa.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:54 PM

122 posts, read 181,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Not really, blacks spend billions on that hip-hop garbage/noise.....it doesn't "fail to support" anything, just reaffirms the lack of culture and taste that is always front and center with "the element".

A report was recently released by PostTrak who conducts exit polling on film audiences. it revealed that whites were the 2nd highest racial group behind blacks that purchased tickets to see the film. Also, whites represent the majority of "that hip-hop garbage/noise's" consumer base. so using your logic, there must be a lack of culture among your white kids in abundance

Old 02-18-2018, 08:01 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
As long as they don't mention Obama in the movie, I'm good.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:02 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
I knew this film was gonna bring butthurt conservative whites outta the woodwork.

And of course, I’m loving it.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:21 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I knew this film was gonna bring butthurt conservative whites outta the woodwork.
And of course, I’m loving it.
What we actually see is a lot of bizarre rhetoric from blacks who can't distinguish fantasy from reality, and a fawning media promoting this. I'd be embarrassed and annoyed... if I were black.

Quote:
South African actor John Kani, who plays King T’Chaka, told NBC News that this movie has a deeper meaning for non-Americans and people living in Africa.

“This time we have a good kingdom, an advanced kingdom. We've been to the moon. You think about flying in spaceships, we've done that long ago. This movie will prove to the colonialists that if they had not interfered with Africa, we’d be so far advanced..."
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/...llence-n844801
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies