Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2018, 04:23 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
He actually wants forced outcomes. He just wants the forced outcome of marriages where men make the rules and women subserviently obey.
Yup, that’s pretty much what I got, so that earns a big eyeroll. Was being generous by asking what he meant. Let’s see if it’s somehow different....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 04:25 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
He actually wants forced outcomes. He just wants the forced outcome of marriages where men make the rules and women subserviently obey.
It's not forced to marry a conservative man and not what I was talking about anyway. You want men to work in a market of forced outcomes against their interests then come home and do half or more of the housework.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:28 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It's not forced to marry a conservative man and not what I was talking about anyway. You want men to work in a market of forced outcomes against their interests then come home and do half or more of the housework.
Please clarify “work in a market of forced outcomes against their interests”. Your meaning is very unclear.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
Did they want to be housewives, or did they not really have a choice? That's the important question.

In the old days, women were either not allowed or not expected to have careers, even if they wanted to, and they went to college only to "catch a man." I was told not to bother with college because all I needed in life was to find a husband and make babies, so in high school I was taught to type and take shorthand. That was all my life was supposed to be, and that would not have been a happy life for me.

I would have been miserable, as many women were in those days, including my mother.
No one forced my mother to not work and be a housewife even in the late 1940s

And you think men wanted to work or had any other choices? There's not really any attractive sugar momma's even today lol.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Please clarify “work in a market of forced outcomes against their interests”. Your meaning is very unclear.
Affirmative Action, diversity hiring, retention and promotion programs, sexual harassment etc.

Take the claimed pay gap. There is no real gap, but feminist want the same or better pay outcome. But there's no equality in that. Men do more demanding and dangerous work. They also pay a disproportionate amount of their incomes on being providers and in child support. In reality females are already at a better outcome, but they deny it and demand more.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:38 PM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
This is a report about a wife of an executive in the 70s who was simply bored as a stay at home mom and left the family to live in a hovel with feminists. No guilt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aNdxyWTwVE

Old 02-23-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Affirmative Action, diversity hiring, retention and promotion programs, sexual harassment etc.

Take the claimed pay gap. There is no real gap, but feminist want the same or better pay outcome. But there's no equality in that. Men do more demanding and dangerous work. They also pay a disproportionate amount of their incomes on being providers and in child support. In reality females are already at a better outcome, but they deny it and demand more.
Now I get it. You’re just a guy that’s AFRAID he can’t compete now that white males are slightly less privileged than they used to be. You want the world to tilt back in your favor so your preferred outcome is assured even if that means others are unfairly treated.

You sir are a coward.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
This is a report about a wife of an executive in the 70s who was simply bored as a stay at home mom and left the family to live in a hovel with feminists. No guilt.
That’s just awful. Especially given that no man anywhere has ever left his family high and dry when he walked away. So glad one sex is perfect.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:46 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aNdxyWTwVE
Yes because men never walked out on their families.

Some people are just crappy spouses and that goes for both sexes.

Old 02-23-2018, 05:04 PM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
That’s just awful. Especially given that no man anywhere has ever left his family high and dry when he walked away. So glad one sex is perfect.
However, this was a trend brought out by feminism. This was political. She felt entitled to leave her two boys and a decent husband because feminism and bored. Not like leaving for another man or because of abuse.

It came back to bite her because she bragged about it and lost her job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies