Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 06:55 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Why is that a problem for you??? It doesn't take specialized skills to do dishes, vacuum, or throw a load of laundry in the washer.

I know a LOT of guys who are attached/married/living with someone who do housework.
He could do those things, but shouldn’t have to since they’re women’s work. And any woman who asks a man to do anything having to do with women’s work is a radical feminist and personally responsible for the downfall of society. /sarcasm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I never said there was anything wrong with a man voluntarily doing housework. My point is feminists take everything too far, complain too much, and try to totally control men. And nature intended for men to be in charge in general and I don't care who disagrees with it.
MOTHER Nature decided no such thing. If she had, women wouldn’t have intelligence past what’s needed to cook and clean. Since that’s not the case, your claim is false. You may want it to work that way, but nature didn’t set it up that way.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:02 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
He could do those things, but shouldn’t have to since they’re women’s work. And any woman who asks a man to do anything having to do with women’s work is a radical feminist and personally responsible for the downfall of society. /sarcasm
I could make a very long of things almost as long as life, from changing a flat tire on the high way to storming a building with an active shooter, of things we should insist women have to do because we can't have men's and women's work. And that would be the downfall of society.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:06 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
I could make a very long of things almost as long as life, from changing a flat tire on the high way to storming a building with an active shooter, of things we should insist women have to do because we can't have men's and women's work. And that would be the downfall of society.
Anyone who drives ought to be able to change a tire. And any police officer, male or female should follow the training received and their department's protocol for active shooters. Please show me an example where the protocol differs based on sex?

Old 02-27-2018, 07:08 PM

5,058 posts, read 7,495,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Massive fail -- I make my husband coffee every morning. He's a feminist and so am I.

You lose....I win...always I win.
Massive fail!

My wife is very career focused and earns twice what i do. I was also a stay at home dad for 18 months, and will be again when no 2 comes around in 6 months. Neither of us are feminists.

You lose.... i win, however I dont always win because i am not perfect.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
I could make a very long of things almost as long as life, from changing a flat tire on the high way to storming a building with an active shooter, of things we should insist women have to do because we can't have men's and women's work.
If a woman wants to do those things, she should. Just like a man should if it’s what he chooses.

I can change a flat tire and have a few times. It’s not exactly rocket science. Women are cops and SWAT team members and FBI agents. So no, those aren’t men’s work any longer just like nursing and teaching are no longer strictly women’s work.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:13 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Anyone who drives ought to be able to change a tire. And any police officer, male or female should follow the training received and their department's protocol for active shooters. Please show me an example where the protocol differs based on sex?
See that's the problem with society. No one knows their place in the world anymore. Women don't and can't fix flat tires or effectively face down rampaging suspect in general. If we replaced all our cops or even half with women that would be a problem. There's things women are better at than men, but feminist seek to eject all of those.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:14 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
Massive fail!

My wife is very career focusec and earns twice what i do. I was also a stay at home dad for 18 months, and will be again when no 2 comes around in 6 months. Neither of us are feminists.

You lose.... i win, however I dont always win because i am not perfect.
Well, you seem to embrace that both of you aren’t necessarily only allowed to fit within certain gender roles. Congrats! You’re feminists. No, seriously. Too many picture an angry third wave over the top feminist, when most feminists are everyday people overall.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
See that's the problem with society. No one knows their place in the world anymore. Women don't and can't fix flat tires or effectively face down rampaging suspect in general. If we replaced all our cops or even half with women that would be a problem. There's things women are better at than men, but feminist seek to eject all of those.
Only things you’ve mentioned that women are better at is cooking, cleaning, childcare and making a house pretty. So in your view if a woman is doing anything but those things, she doesn’t know her place and should be firmly put back in it by a man. What a load of crap.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:19 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
What are you talking about? Anyone who drives - male or female - should be able to change a flat. It's basic maintenance and safety. Nothing to do with "knowing their place". If you accept a responsibility (ie driving or policing) you are expected to do those things that go hand in hand with that responsibility.

Why are you even mentioning replacing all cops with women? Has that been proposed? Please share a cite. I'll wait - along with the other cites we're waiting on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies