Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 01:04 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomKBL View Post
If he has more important things to worry about, why posting here on this particular issue?
Why not? He was stating his opinion. Are you only allowed one point of opinion on threads? That would be rather one-sided and boring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2018, 01:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
LOL . . . You fight your battles. We can handle ours, thank you.
Trust me, I stick to my own. I really don’t care what the guy said. In fact, I’m a huge JJ Redick fan. Big time.

Old 02-19-2018, 01:14 PM

171 posts, read 219,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Why not? He was stating his opinion. Are you only allowed one point of opinion on threads? That would be rather one-sided and boring.
No, quite opposite, I wanted to know why it's not offensive to him.

Old 02-19-2018, 01:36 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Tongue tied? Cute.

But since it was 'only' a slur used against asians, he should get a pass.

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2018...deo-nba-sixers
Blacks always get a pass at racial slurs. You never knew? However I did know a black person that said white devil on a job here in NYC. She was fired for what she said! Don't say anything racist in front of regressive liberals who are willing to consume their own. Refer to my video on youtube about SJWs

Old 02-19-2018, 03:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Blacks always get a pass at racial slurs. You never knew? However I did know a black person that said white devil on a job here in NYC. She was fired for what she said! Don't say anything racist in front of regressive liberals who are willing to consume their own. Refer to my video on youtube about SJWs

Why are y’all so quick to put black folks into this issue? We have absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

Old 02-19-2018, 07:10 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post

YEA...I’m sure you and plenty of others thought he was black and would love use that opportunity because you have some resentment of black people, “liberalism,” or your own deeply personal opinions.

And you contradicted your own argument if it resulted in her being fired.

Old 02-19-2018, 07:31 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
YEA...I’m sure you and plenty of others thought he was black and would love use that opportunity because you have some resentment of black people, “liberalism,” or your own deeply personal opinions.

And you contradicted your own argument if it resulted in her being fired.
Nobody gets a pass these days. In this new America where we live. Words speak louder than actions.

Old 02-19-2018, 07:58 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomKBL View Post
No, quite opposite, I wanted to know why it's not offensive to him.
The poster already explained his reason for not being offended.

Its interesting that on the one hand some people in the "take offense industry" scream that nobody has the right to opine as to what words offend others, yet, in this case, some posters are having a hissy fit that one poster claims not to be offended.

So, does the poster not have the right to be un-offended?

Never heard of the ball player. But, it appears he stumbled in mid-sentence and did not intend to utter a slur.

Come on, people. Does it really seem likely that the guy would intentionally slur the audience to whom he is attempting to send New Year greetings?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies