Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2018, 11:40 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,137,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Except they don't indicate otherwise.

Or I just love my country--which I do--and am dismayed by the joke in the White House--which I have in common with the majority of Americans. You guys are the outliers here.
Guess you missed

ISIS defeated or all but so
Economy good
Stock market up 30%

Etc

Old 02-19-2018, 11:43 AM

77,920 posts, read 60,076,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
You're right. I went back and looked at the OP and he did bring up Obama.

That said, the NewsMax article focused on speciously selective stats on one aspect of the Obama years and not an overall comparative evaluation. Furthermore, that all noted, in spite of the stats selected, the Obama years marked the trajectory for the economics now being attributed to the Chumpster. Thus we see a partisan agenda being advanced sophistically - compared to a full spectrum survey.
It's Newmax, so I didn't even bother to read the article...of course it's going to be a partisan hackjob.

It's too early to address the Obama presidency at this point imo.

I'm not really sold too much on the survey either, again, much too early and obviously focusing on one year is pretty meaningless...but hey, it's red meat for some good partisan feuding.

Widely panned or unappreciated actions by past presidents that took time to blossom include the founding of the national parks and purchase of Alaska just to name 2 older ones.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:11 PM

21,627 posts, read 16,153,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's Newmax, so I didn't even bother to read the article...of course it's going to be a partisan hackjob.

It's too early to address the Obama presidency at this point imo.

I'm not really sold too much on the survey either, again, much too early and obviously focusing on one year is pretty meaningless...but hey, it's red meat for some good partisan feuding.

Widely panned or unappreciated actions by past presidents that took time to blossom include the founding of the national parks and purchase of Alaska just to name 2 older ones.
Well, that was my point about the NewsMax article. NewsMax is not investigative journalism.

I understand the function of allowing time for historical evaluations to evolve out of matured observations. In the case of Trump, however, the word “matured” takes a rather peculiar role. His campaign and presidency is so extreme and clearly destructive that all restraints are off. Historians as scholars aren't easily disposed to rash proclamations ... that they are willing and even motivated to comment so soon is a function of two things:
1. They are commenting with the clear caveat this is a “so far ...” 1st year eval.
2. The damage this president is doing is unmistakable.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:15 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,745,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Trump’s first year was seen as a catastrophe by both Democrats and Republicans in the field of political science. Marked by a nonstop stream of scandals, as well as record-low approval ratings, it was so bad that a survey of scholars has already ranked Trump as the worst president ever.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/tru...resident-ever/

Interestingly, President Obama moved up 10 spots since 2014, from number 18 to number 8.

As if we really needed scholars to tell us what we all know...

Old 02-19-2018, 12:25 PM

23,390 posts, read 17,061,069 times
No other president has faced the all out war waged by lies and magnified by a media turned propaganda machine supported by weaponized federal agencies left over the previous most corrupt administration in US history.

Trump appears as a super hero, hardly the worst.

the same people who predicted trump would never be the repub candidate, let alone president. In a race against a favored winner about to be coronated instead of elected, have again stepped up to demonstrate their lack of familiarity \ with reality.

the article is pure propaganda for those who missed be held behind the iron curtain where propaganda was used to suppress freedom.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:29 PM

754 posts, read 482,900 times
As someone who views Obama positively, 8th is too high for him.

Perhaps if congress didn't spend most of the time blocking him, and we an jobs/infrastructure program, gun control legislation, Cuban embargo ended, Immigration reform etc, then perhaps he's top 10 then.

But Obama legislatively was quite an ordinary president in many ways, his foreign policy except for the Iran deal was forgettable.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:33 PM

27,356 posts, read 28,426,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Ya missed the part about the conservative / republican scholars rating him almost at the bottom as well, huh?
Ever heard of a rino? lol

Old 02-19-2018, 12:35 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,579,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
This first year has been a disaster by any measure. Our country looks like we are being run by idiots (we are) and we have never had this level of chaos and turmoil EVER. This is what you get when you hire an inexperienced man with limited mental capacity and questionable ethics.

And his cult laps it up and thinks he walks on water.
Do you even live in the US?

Quote:
we have never had this level of chaos and turmoil EVER.
The only chaos and turmoil is coming from the left. MSM screaming hysterical conspiracies, DNC with the F'in "resist" movement, holly wood turning awards show for their crap movies and TV shows into a communist rally. Celebrities threatening to assault the President, blowing up the WH, and promising to move (even though they never did). They love to promote anarchy and hate--Yet you blame Trump..ehy?

Old 02-19-2018, 12:45 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,338,380 times
Every Twitter nonsense solidifies Trump as the worst president. The Twitter rant against Oprah from yesterday night? Instead of watching 60 Minutes, maybe Trump should do some ACTUAL work, so he can leave room for future presidents to surpass him as The Worst...

Old 02-19-2018, 12:45 PM

8,302 posts, read 3,885,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
This first year has been a disaster by any measure. Our country looks like we are being run by idiots (we are) and we have never had this level of chaos and turmoil EVER. This is what you get when you hire an inexperienced man with limited mental capacity and questionable ethics.

And his cult laps it up and thinks he walks on water.
Some of them do, sure, but a lot of them are just being politically correct. They know deep down that Trump is not only an ineffective President, he's a thug at heart. But they know that the price of Cult membership is to keep that old-fashioned thinking under wraps.

Last edited by GearHeadDave; 02-19-2018 at 12:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies