Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 12:42 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
17 Parkland parents would take that deal.

Hundreds the last few years. Thousands to come.

Maybe you can send that to the Parkland funerals today.
You've asked 17 Parkland parents have you? I think you might be surprised at their actual answer to a query like that today.

Maybe you should stop with the trite infantile stuff and dialogue with some respect and thoughtfulness.

Some logic and rational linear reasoning might also be of benefit.

Just say'n.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2018, 12:43 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,616 times
Quote:
17 Parkland parents would take that deal.

Hundreds the last few years. Thousands to come.

Maybe you can send that to the Parkland funerals today.
It's a great idea. We both know guns aren't going anywhere. Americans have made their choice. There are quite a few prisons sitting empty and costing state and federal dollars for minimum upkeep. Might as well put them to good use. And we've already decided that mental health isn't really a concern either, so whatever adverse effects arise from learning in a prison environment or under armed watched won't be a big deal, either.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:44 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
Kids, meet your new hall monitors
Oh boy...what could possibly go wrong??

Old 02-19-2018, 12:46 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You've asked 17 Parkland parents have you? I think you might be surprised at their actual answer to a query like that today.

Maybe you should stop with the trite infantile stuff and dialogue with some respect and thoughtfulness.

Some logic and rational linear reasoning might also be of benefit.

Just say'n.

The parents opinion is the most important.

Parkland is becoming common. We have lost hundreds the last few years on school campuses.

What's the quota before your head comes out of the sand?

Schools in America today are a war zone.

In all likelihood, before Fl funerals are done, we will see another similar incident.

We can't expect the 5-7 minute LEO response time to get better.

That makes handling roughly 3 minutes the gap b/w life and death. Linea enough for your limited concept of platitudes?

Old 02-19-2018, 12:46 PM

I'm very thankful schools weren't prisons back when I was a kid. And also thankful that I have citizenship in another country, where the husband and I will move once we're ready to have a family.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:47 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
We now have people arguing against school security. Surreal.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I'm very thankful schools weren't prisons back when I was a kid. And also thankful that I have citizenship in another country, where the husband and I will move once we're ready to have a family.
Weapons were relatively primitive when I was in school.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
The parents opinion is the most important.

Parkland is becoming common. We have lost hundreds the last few years on school campuses.

What's the quota before your head comes out of the sand?

Schools in America today are a war zone.

In all likelihood, before Fl funerals are done, we will see another similar incident.

We can't expect the 5-7 minute LEO response time to get better.

That makes handling roughly 3 minutes the gap b/w life and death. Linea enough for your limited concept of platitudes?
Oh come on...why the fear mongering? Every school shooting is deeply unsettling and a sign that things need to be addressed, but to say that schools are a war zone is inaccurate. There are 100,000 schools in the US. The vast, vast majority of which have never had a school shooting.

I graduated high school 10 years ago, and I never saw so much as a fist fight happen.

What's needed is to de-stigmatize mental illness and encourage people to seek the help they may badly need.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
We now have people arguing against school security. Surreal.
Do you want that funded by the government (taxation)?

Old 02-19-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Oh come on...why the fear mongering? Every school shooting is deeply unsettling and a sign that things need to be addressed, but to say that schools are a war zone is inaccurate. There are 100,000 schools in the US. The vast, vast majority of which have never had a school shooting.

There have been over a dozen incidents in under 2 months. Trend close to 80. On pace for hundreds of schoolkids being executed annually, and that is the proper term.

And the pace of incidents increases every year.

War zones is accurate.

I live 40 miles from Sandy Hook. Norman Rockwell kind of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies