Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2018, 07:25 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
^^ I've seen no better indication that the Left is instigating for a civil war. Calling fellow Americans "Russians" is as subversive to this nation as it gets, and there is likely no way back from that should it become a national meme.
How about calling them enablers and approving of Russia in general and their tactics in particular...if it gives them the result they like? Or, saying that a dollar is a dollar even if it is a laundered dirty dollar from the Ruskies?

Or if they approve of Ruskies having travel packages to produce Anchor Babies by the thousands in Sunnyside, Florida.....

Hint: Loving Russia hasn't been in vogue for quite a few decades...Reagan would turn over in his grave if he knew about the modern Right and their defense of Putin and Russia.

Now that you (they) have run out of excuses, you are talking Civil War (never happen) or....some of you are saying "We deserve it because we've done the same".

What "logic". This type of logic begs the question - do conservatives approve of a nuke falling on their heads because "we did it to others"?

No doubt there are a small percentage of Americans who are very pro-Russia. This is for a few reasons:
1. Authoritarianism. If Trump was big on Venezuela, the same crew would then love that place...or whatever place.
2. Money - the Ruskies are throwing around a LOT of bucks in certain places in the states (especially Florida!).
3. White Supremacy - some folks love Mother Russia because they know how to do White Power right! This is the case even though their national IQ is quite low compared to many. But, hey....they are white and violent so this seems to appeal to many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 07:25 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
You're in eight grade or younger with this back and forth? I mean, if it were funny or witty, I could see it, but you come off as less than...
I’m just a fan of the rule of law rooting out corruption.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:27 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
The nation's (U.S.) "institutions" have killed millions around the globe. They have murdered, maimed, poisoned, drugged, and experimented on their own people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unethi..._United_States

If you want corporate media:

America's past of human experiments revealed - Health - Health care - More health news | NBC News
The CIA's Appalling Human Experiments With Mind Control | HISTORY
The Legacy of the CIA’s Secret LSD Experiments on America | TIME.com

Excuse me if I have no faith in the nation's institutions...
Your sense of history is tragically impoverished. Death is a fact of human history, and it came quicker and in more brutish a manner for most of us before this era.

Our nation's institutions are what keeps society together and from a bloodbath. Wishing no faith on these institutions, because of historical death, is completely contradictory in this nation of 300 million disparate people of little social coherence, a massive firearm horde, and less food security than you think should things get nasty.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:29 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Jesus Christ on a Cracker! What is the deal with you people? I'm not making excuses for anybody! Nobody deserves to have their sovereignty violated. I believe in no government--that is I am a sovereign individual, and any violation of my property is an act of aggression.

I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the people who live in glass houses throwing rocks the size of footballs. The U.S. government--also known as the CIA--has done things that Putin has only dreamed of doing.

If you want to see why North Korea hates us, read up on how we napalmed the whole country and used biological weapons on them during the Korean War (which we had no business being involved). Read up on the dictators we propped up, overthrowing dozens of elected leaders all over the world.

By the way, did you have a problem with Poppa Bush--Ex-CIA chief--being President? You should read up on some of the things he did. Just like Putin, he is not a nice guy--a very bad man--who hates our freedoms as they are offensive to him. They don't call it the "Bush Crime Family" for nothing.

New Docs Expose Bush Sr. Illegally Destroying Evidence of US Crimes While Head of CIA
You know what? Being the global hegemon has its advantages and it allows the US to be hypocritical in certain areas. When you guarantee worldwide safety, protect shipping lanes, regulate global monetary policy, take the lead in trying to ensure the general well-being of the Earth's populace, etc. you do get a little bit of latitude in working to affect regime change to depose despots and anti-American authoritarians while simultaneously insisting that no one interfere with our democratic system. Do optics matter when trying to use soft power and moral high ground to nudge state actors to adhere to democratic norms like human rights? Sure they do. Does hypocrisy matter when confronted with covert cyber warfare and deciding whether to defend yourself? No it does not.

Your fake cries about hypocrisy are pathetic. Putin doesn't care about hypocrisy or the optics of the US decrying electoral interference, he cares about shrinking US influence so that the Russians can try to fill the void. All of our national defense agencies are warning us that the US is the subject of a foreign attack and you're worried about whether the attacker might call us hypocrites based on things we did a decade before his country even existed? Get real.

The US was the subject of a modern type of warfare and your anti-Statism position has blinded you to what really matters - that nations do have to defend themselves against foreign attackers.

Do you want to see some real hypocrisy? How about so-called "anarcho-capitalists" like you whinging about looking like hypocrites while taking advantage of every piece of advanced infrastructure either subsidized, provided by or created by (directly or indirectly, in whole or in part) the State. The internet? The State. Electrical infrastructure? State subsidized. Using a computer? State funded research. Using money as a means of exchange? Guess who backs that. Are you typing with words? Its a near certainty that State-funded education helped you there. That's some damn fine hypocrisy right there.

So lets put the brakes on your claims to the moral high ground until you move to the stateless Mongolian plains.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I’m just a fan of the rule of law rooting out corruption.
You're a fan of school yard quips that aren't befitting an adult who graduated high school.

And, if you are a fan of rooting our corruption, then you won't mind that we revisit McCarthy's specific investigations, revisit the Clinton Foundation, and visit foreign financial influence over our media and government to include under democrats?

What say you?

Old 02-23-2018, 07:30 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So you deserve to get an atomic bomb dropped on you because we did it to others?
Should someone firebomb our cities and kill 100's of thousands because we did?

Your logic is not that of an American citizen. Saying we deserve to have our democracy undermined is really treasonous. But you do have the right to say it.
Oh GTFO. Just because I am able to admit the U.S. government has been a merchant of death and destruction for well over a century, I don't sound like an American citizen? It's now treasonous to question your government? Who's the Russian bot????

My logic is that of a sovereign individual who lives by the Non-Aggression Principle. In other words, a libertarian. I would never drop atomic bombs on innocent people like Truman did. Nor would I firebomb cities. I am anti-war. War is only acceptable in self-defense.

p.s. I'm 5th-generation American. 12.5% Chippewa blood. My Native blood gives me the right to call out U.S. government atrocities.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Your sense of history is tragically impoverished. Death is a fact of human history, and it came quicker and in more brutish a manner for most of us before this era.

Our nation's institutions are what keeps society together and from a bloodbath. Wishing no faith on these institutions, because of historical death, is completely contradictory in this nation of 300 million disparate people of little social coherence, a massive firearm horde, and less food security than you think should things get nasty.
Statism in action, folks.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:39 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
You're a fan of school yard quips that aren't befitting an adult who graduated high school.

And, if you are a fan of rooting our corruption, then you won't mind that we revisit McCarthy's specific investigations, revisit the Clinton Foundation, and visit foreign financial influence over our media and government to include under democrats?

What say you?
Sure.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
You know what? Being the global hegemon has its advantages and it allows the US to be hypocritical in certain areas. When you guarantee worldwide safety, protect shipping lanes, regulate global monetary policy, take the lead in trying to ensure the general well-being of the Earth's populace, etc. you do get a little bit of latitude in working to affect regime change to depose despots and anti-American authoritarians while simultaneously insisting that no one interfere with our democratic system. Do optics matter when trying to use soft power and moral high ground to nudge state actors to adhere to democratic norms like human rights? Sure they do. Does hypocrisy matter when confronted with covert cyber warfare and deciding whether to defend yourself? No it does not.

Your fake cries about hypocrisy are pathetic. Putin doesn't care about hypocrisy or the optics of the US decrying electoral interference, he cares about shrinking US influence so that the Russians can try to fill the void. All of our national defense agencies are warning us that the US is the subject of a foreign attack and you're worried about whether the attacker might call us hypocrites based on things we did a decade before his country even existed? Get real.

The US was the subject of a modern type of warfare and your anti-Statism position has blinded you to what really matters - that nations do have to defend themselves against foreign attackers.

Do you want to see some real hypocrisy? How about so-called "anarcho-capitalists" like you whinging about looking like hypocrites while taking advantage of every piece of advanced infrastructure either subsidized, provided by or created by (directly or indirectly, in whole or in part) the State. The internet? The State. Electrical infrastructure? State subsidized. Using a computer? State funded research. Using money as a means of exchange? Guess who backs that. Are you typing with words? Its a near certainty that State-funded education helped you there. That's some damn fine hypocrisy right there.

So lets put the brakes on your claims to the moral high ground until you move to the stateless Mongolian plains.

Taxation is theft. As long as I am forced to pay taxes at gunpoint I will use what I pay for. And yes, I will continue to pay them, as I don't desire government prison.

-There is nothing you listed the private sector can't (and doesn't) do FAR more efficiently and cheaply. See bitcoins. See investor-owned utilities.

-The greatest threat to a nation is ALWAYS from within--not from outside.

-I give you credit for not using Somalia as your straw man. Mongolia was rather creative.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
How about calling them enablers and approving of Russia in general and their tactics in particular...if it gives them the result they like?
1. You can split hairs and call them "enablers", though that isn't true. It isn't true because American voters have free agency and can vote how they please, and you have no platform from which to declare any vote compromised or invalid. Do you know how you both take in and reject certain foreign born information to come to your vote and opinions? Well, Trump voters did and do the same. Your witch hunt is undermining the democracy that we've always had, at the expense of American voter free agency and thus democracy itself, because you didn't like an election result.

That's some expert level facilitation of corruption of our democracy, which serves foreign interests far beyond free agent Grandma Emma's vote for Trump.

What you are actually implying is that the election was corrupted by the same type of foreign propaganda that has occurred in every election throughout history.

Quote:
Or, saying that a dollar is a dollar even if it is a laundered dirty dollar from the Ruskies?
We'll see. But when we do see, be prepared for a similar investigation into the Clinton Foundation.

Quote:
Or if they approve of Ruskies having travel packages to produce Anchor Babies by the thousands in Sunnyside, Florida.....
You're serious? Ruissians have been coming en masse to this country for a long time. If you want to see "Russian anchor babies", you need to visit Brooklyn. But be prepared to go back a few generations.

Quote:
Hint: Loving Russia hasn't been in vogue for quite a few decades...Reagan would turn over in his grave if he knew about the modern Right and their defense of Putin and Russia.
No one loves Russia, but at the same time no adult is going to play the (yet another) liberal political game of setting up a straw man with a false choice. If you approve of it, your a traitor, and if you don't then you assist the liberals in the domestic political aims. Yawn... and back to the school yard with you. Robert Cialdini would call that "smuggled influence", and its inevitable result is a breakdown of the relationship and heavy distrust over time.

Heck, I'd claim to be a flag waving Russia supporter just to **** of libs at this point, that being false. A sea of conservatives would do the same. You get no agreement or respect because you don't deserve it, and you certainly don't deserve childish game compliance. Do you know what hasn't happened in a long time? Liberals acting in good faith and logic, without leaning on emotional pleas or fantastical conspiracy theories that threaten to powerfully undermine democracy.

Quote:
Now that you (they) have run out of excuses, you are talking Civil War (never happen) or....some of you are saying "We deserve it because we've done the same".
I think we're fine. Remember, you're the ones having a meltdown over a conspiracy theory that you absolutely need to maintain at all costs at this point because you've gone too deep in. We didn't go all in, you did. While uncomfortable to watch because I care about the fate of the nation, its fascinating to watch you people get increasingly unhinged at the false notion that this will work out for you. I understand, because if it doesn't then you're screwed beyond any possible redemption...

Quote:
What "logic". This type of logic begs the question - do conservatives approve of a nuke falling on their heads because "we did it to others"?
What?

Quote:
No doubt there are a small percentage of Americans who are very pro-Russia. This is for a few reasons:
1. Authoritarianism. If Trump was big on Venezuela, the same crew would then love that place...or whatever place.
2. Money - the Ruskies are throwing around a LOT of bucks in certain places in the states (especially Florida!).
3. White Supremacy - some folks love Mother Russia because they know how to do White Power right! This is the case even though their national IQ is quite low compared to many. But, hey....they are white and violent so this seems to appeal to many.
A bunch of insane nonsense. Though, I will state that opposing our domestic loony-toon population who, among their platforms, cares to pump children full of gender bending drugs, is not a "Russian" thing but a human thing. We can oppose you on a very stable platform of righteousness all day long. Russia can join in, but our opposition is rooted in universal sanity and morality. Whereas you align yourselves with unadulterated evil by your very morality; again, no third party nation needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies