Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 02:40 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Ask yourself this. Would it have stopped Cruz ? Maddock ? Lanza ? What about all the hood rats in the inner cities ? Think they will care ?

But hey, let's do it anyways because it will give us good feelz.....
Actually increasing the tax on guns and ammunition will help to cover the costs to bury, and pay medical bills, of shooting victims.

Old 02-20-2018, 02:45 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,161 times
We have to eliminate the student loan forgiveness program for teachers for budgetary reasons, but we can afford to fortify the 99,000 public schools and train and arm 3.2 million teachers to placate gun nuts who need the ego-satisfying self-fulfillment of carrying around military-grade weapons? Now I’ve heard everything.

With ingenious priorities like these, its no wonder the US is getting its ass kicked on a global scale. MAGA indeed

Old 02-20-2018, 03:25 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Armed guards at all entrances.
Gated perimeter, with guard shack on roadway entrances.

Still too many doors to guard ONE door leading in all others stay locked unless their is a fire, etc.
Have a armed guard standing behind bullet proof glass in a room off to the side. Issue a pass with the kids picture on it and they have to swipe it as they pass though a metal detector. Anything metal is placed in a bucket like at an airport, etc. The guard in the room see's that the ID is the same on the card on his computer screen and he buzzes them in. IF the metal detector goes off another armed guard uses a hand held scanner to check again. If you funnel everyone IN though ONE door there is less chance of someone getting in with intent to do any damage.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:46 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,149,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Who is going to pay for all that? You willing to pay more taxes?
They’ll be paid with Libertarian Magic Dust.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:51 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You assume a lot.

My daughter has been trained since she was 5 and has been armed everyday where ever she goes, since she was 16.

If I knew then what I know today, and it was today. My kid would be home schooled. She attends college today, with a concealed .38 in her belly band. Her last 2 years of HS she conceal carried her .38. No one has to know and if they are raised around guns, it is not something that has to be shown off as a big deal.

You protect you and your family how you see fit and I will make damn sure no one in my family will become a victim by random chance.

Ahhhh, law abiding gun owners at work.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Who is going to pay for all that? You willing to pay more taxes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
They’ll be paid with Libertarian Magic Dust.

Gods forbid it was one of your children or happened at their school, I wonder what you would pay then.

Old 02-20-2018, 04:14 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Still too many doors to guard ONE door leading in all others stay locked unless their is a fire, etc.
Have a armed guard standing behind bullet proof glass in a room off to the side. Issue a pass with the kids picture on it and they have to swipe it as they pass though a metal detector. Anything metal is placed in a bucket like at an airport, etc. The guard in the room see's that the ID is the same on the card on his computer screen and he buzzes them in. IF the metal detector goes off another armed guard uses a hand held scanner to check again. If you funnel everyone IN though ONE door there is less chance of someone getting in with intent to do any damage.
This school had 3,000 students, if I recall correctly, how long would it take to get 3K bodies through one metal detector? How long before the beginning of class would they have to get to school to get through security? My son is already on the bus at 5 am to get to school by 6:15 start time will I need to get him up at 3 to get him fed and ready for school so that he can take his hour bus ride, and an hour through security, before the start of the day?

Old 02-20-2018, 04:17 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Ahhhh, law abiding gun owners at work.
Fully Constitutional.

Old 02-20-2018, 04:20 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
This school had 3,000 students, if I recall correctly, how long would it take to get 3K bodies through one metal detector? How long before the beginning of class would they have to get to school to get through security? My son is already on the bus at 5 am to get to school by 6:15 start time will I need to get him up at 3 to get him fed and ready for school so that he can take his hour bus ride, and an hour through security, before the start of the day?
What ever it takes to keep the most precious thing you have safe and educated.
Or you could homeschool?
School doesn't start here until 8:15

You must be in AZ where they do everything early to beat the heat.

Old 02-20-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No plan is perfect you can add two or more of these to the front door but the idea is to make sure that everyone who goes though those doors belongs there.

It's like TSA you want to be safe as long as it's not inconvenient for you. Yet we will be going around in circles if this happens again. I have 20 years in security between nightclubs and private security and it kills me that people want to be safe but they don't want their life to change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies