Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2018, 02:04 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
It could be that Gates flipped on the lawyer. Hard to say.
Yes---that is what I heard on news shows today
That the timing of the "interchange" could likely be tied to campaign interchange w/Russians since Gates stayed with campaign after Manafort was forced out by the news stories about his involvement in dirty Ukraine dealings and he had ties to this guy through the Ukraine dealings who has histies to Putin through Alfa Bank and his FIL...

Trump's "people" are usually personal relationships grown over time
The guys who put the Russian attorney in Trump Tower were long time friends/investors with Trump who have ties because of their business/history w/Russia and other Eastern European actors...
These people are all "friends of a friend"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 02:04 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I wouldn't bet that KHAN derives from Cohen---
More likely from Khan as in Genghis...
My bet's on Cohen - Khan's Jewish background is no secret, and he has been very generous to various Jewish charities in Russia and Ukraine (trying to salve his conscience with the Almighty?).

It's immaterial to me what his origins are, and I hope whatever his religious background and ethnicity may be does not get used by bigots to smear others of these backgrounds. It's his behavior and connections in this world, not the next, that concern me.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
My bet's on Cohen - Khan's Jewish background is no secret, and he has been very generous to various Jewish charities in Russia and Ukraine (trying to salve his conscience with the Almighty?).

It's immaterial to me what his origins are, and I hope whatever his religious background and ethnicity may be does not get used by bigots to smear others of these backgrounds. It's his behavior and connections in this world, not the next, that concern me.
His heritage didn't make him commit any crimes---so yes--that is immaterial to me as well---

I would not think any family w/ Jewish ties of any sort would want to give a German name to a son--especially after what the Germans did to Russia during WWII...

Old 02-21-2018, 02:11 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,381 times
Is this probe even about collusion anymore? I find Mueller's charges amusing and pathetic, Flynn is about to get his overturned I bet bc of Mueller's desperate tactics

Old 02-21-2018, 02:20 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
I find Mueller's charges amusing and pathetic
When Trump said he would be the Law and Order president, did the Trumpists think he meant the TV series? Now that criminals are being indicted, it's pathetic to the Trumpists. Poor snowflakes.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:22 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
This investigation is about the Russians interfering in our elections, who conspired with them, and all crimes that come out of this investigation.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...r-special.html

Why this has to be repeated constantly is somewhat of a mystery.

Mueller is not desperate.

Flynn's charges are not getting overturned.

If all of this bores you, >>yawn<< there's a lively thread on whether the teens speaking out about the massacre in Florida are actors.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:25 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,815,984 times
Quote:
Is this probe even about collusion anymore? I find Mueller's charges amusing and pathetic, Flynn is about to get his overturned I bet bc of Mueller's desperate tactics
Desperate is the last thing i would characterize Mueller as being.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
In your dreams--
Posted link to story explaining why the judge issued that order
It does not mean Flynn is going to have anything overturned

Old 02-21-2018, 03:57 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Manafort worked at Bayrock with Felix Sater in real estate development. They had ties to the Trump organization, and also to a lot of Russians with money. When real estate changes hands above the market price in order to make a "donation" to the owner when it would be illegal/immoral/fattening to do so in the open, it is called "money laundering".

Manafort bought a condo in Trump Tower, and his purchase happened to coincide with an influx of shady Russian money. Later Manafort became Trump's campaign manager, but took no salary, a highly unusual action for a man totally obsessed with money. Coincidence?

This may help explain it.

https://www.wnyc.org/story/paul-mana...ate-purchases/
You missed the fact that Manafort also worked with the Putin funded Ukrainian Oligarch names Firtash and the two rigged the election in the Ukraine so Russia could take The Crimea.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:15 PM

Practice for the US and interfering in other elections--
Maybe not with Manafort since he seemed to specialize in the Eastern Bloc but certainly with other people who are willing to do anything for money....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies