Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2018, 12:07 AM

37,192 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
So Trump is going to take care of what Obama wouldn't. You change your mind about not voting for him?
I personally would never vote for him for any reason. My prejudice against him goes back to the 1970s.
You have to admit, it is a slap in the face to all the apologists who now have to try to figure out how to spin his words to make him (and themselves) sound rational. Good luck with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 12:09 AM

37,192 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I've been saying that one of the necessary actions to establish a dictatorship, is to disarm the population. It's inevitable, that if Trump can carry-out his delusional agenda far enough, he'll try to confiscate everyone's guns. The alarm-calls that the NRA and other assorted gun-rights nuts have been spouting, is in sight and it is Trump.
I thought he was elected because Hillary was going to pick up where Obama left off and take everybody's guns. Maybe I missed something...

Old 03-01-2018, 12:15 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,389,768 times
Hmm.. Nobody knew gun control could be so complicated.

Old 03-01-2018, 12:21 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Basically you want everyone to get the equivalent of an Illinois "firearms owner ID" card. Why not just get everyone a CCW and do away with the NICS? My CCW license allows me to purchase a firearm without a NICS check. I just fill out the 4473, the dealer makes a copy of my CCW, I pay and walk out. The fastest purchase has been about 10 minutes.
I was at a pawn shop on Wednesday and they said 5 minutes.

It is pretty darn fast......and a heck of a convenience. It wasn't the reason that I got a "CHL" (different title now) but it is a heck of a bonus!

NOW, I'm not sure of whether or not to require everyone to have such is the way because it is a "heck of a change" of how we do things here in America. Background checks, photos, finger prints.....that all sounds very non American to require of someone in order to be able to use their rights. Charging them hundreds of dollars (I think my first one, all told, was around $600) again sounds very non American.

So much for the land of the free.

Old 03-01-2018, 12:33 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Bah! I don’t believe a word that comes out of that Cheeto. I’ve seen this show before with immigration.

Donald Trump doesn’t know what the heck he’s doing. He CANNOT take your guns and give you due process later.

The president is NUTS and he is a BS artist. Nobody knows what he’s going to say in a couple of days.

This joke of a president is no longer funny. He needs to go.

Old 03-01-2018, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That is exactly what already happens in CA and other states, where an accusation of a "concerned person" is sufficient to violate your civil rights. We have had a process of adjudication where a court recognizes evidence from those providing it concerning one's mental fitness and provides the accused with a means to defend themselves in court. The left has taken that away in many areas...now it seems like Trump supports that. If he doesn't reverse that, he's as useless as a Pelosi.

He is pi**ing away support daily.
Please.

You know you just love Trump. You’ve been a staunch defender.

Old 03-01-2018, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
If we're lucky, Trump will shoot off his mouth and alienate groups who have been his supporters.
I think a lot of his supporters suffer from some kind of battered wife syndrome. They’re delusional. But, I hope you’re right.

Old 03-01-2018, 01:00 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That is exactly what already happens in CA and other states, where an accusation of a "concerned person" is sufficient to violate your civil rights. We have had a process of adjudication where a court recognizes evidence from those providing it concerning one's mental fitness and provides the accused with a means to defend themselves in court. The left has taken that away in many areas...now it seems like Trump supports that. If he doesn't reverse that, he's as useless as a Pelosi.

He is pi**ing away support daily.
Nah. The true believers don't care, they'll make up some rationale or other.

Old 03-01-2018, 01:06 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I agree with the intent but what about the 4th amendment?
Already gone. Everyone is searched at airports via various means without probable cause.

Old 03-01-2018, 01:10 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
He is the king of hot takes. Trump has never been a conservative and really likes to go against the grain just to do it. My guess is a few republicans or the NRA told him what his positions are gonna be on guns, and he’s flipping them the bird. He not the type of person that likes being told what to do.

By Friday he’ll forget this meeting ever happened.
It might be something else. He might be betting that Federal Court would strike such an egregiously flawed law as unConstitutional. Win for Trump. He gets to look like he "did something" but the Court ruled it unConstitutional, and the gun control law goes away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies