Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you see "Russian Troll" posts on the Intenet?
Yes 72 62.61%
No 43 37.39%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 06:40 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,073,055 times

Advertisements

Why are people under the assumption hat Russian trolls are just Trump supporters? Russian trolls are those that always trying to divide Americans. Here is a black nationalist troll that got caught and stopped on Facebook.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...olice-violence

I don’t hang around black twitter (don’t even have a Twitter) so I don’t know these accounts but clearly they had an impact.

On CD Russian Trolls are anyone who solely posts divisive posts, never to return and don’t post on their home forums or other forums in general just PoC or Great Debates. Clearly you can see that most of the guys I disagree with post on multiple forums and have diverse interests besides politics. If all you do is open divisive threads on PoC were all on to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2018, 06:43 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
That wouldn't be right, I am sorry about that.

What they should say is that many pro-Trump posts are re-posts of some fiction an unwitting, naive or gullible person first saw from a Russian troll or bot ... or from Alex Jones, which is effectively the same.
For the time being I like Trump; I do not like Alex jones. Do Russian bots do that - just take something most people don't like and pretend that everybody that disagrees with them must love Alex Jones or whatever?

Instead of framing your whole 2018/2020 campaign on hate; why don't you try a proposal? Can the left actually have an original idea?

Old 02-22-2018, 07:14 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Yes or No
You should ask Michael Moore. He got fooled by the Russians and he even LOOKS LIKE a troll.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:17 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Does "Occupy Democrats" or "CNN" count?

Old 02-22-2018, 07:19 AM

447 posts, read 557,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Why are people under the assumption hat Russian trolls are just Trump supporters? Russian trolls are those that always trying to divide Americans.
Because they are too stupid to understand that, or, they are Russian trolls themselves.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:37 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You should ask Michael Moore. He got fooled by the Russians and he even LOOKS LIKE a troll.
That is extremely rude and mean, never mind unfair.

To trolls.

Perhaps you should only compare him to a Hutt (Star Wars)

Old 02-22-2018, 07:46 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times
I see people in this site who rage on about thing that are wrong about America, only they don't really understand the political system they are railing against; or have no real detailed understanding of American history and get minor thing really wrong; and seem to not know what thing in America are called; kinda like Ted Cruz and "Basketball Rings" or maybe people talking about baseball sticks - but not jokingly, or even elevator lifts.

Sure, I bet there are plenty of Russian trolls here - there are at least two users in the political forum, I am almost certain are Russian trolls. But who can say for sure? How would you know unless they have "'Russian troll' tattooed on the back of their neck?"

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 02-22-2018 at 08:07 AM..

Old 02-22-2018, 07:48 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
I see people in this site who rage on about thing that are wrong about America, only they don't seem to know what thing in America are called, don't really understand they political system they are railing against; or have no real idea of American history and get minor thing really wrong. Kinda like Ted Cruz and "Baseball Sticks", and "Basketball Holes." Sure, I bet there are plenty of Russian trolls here - there are at least two users in the political forum, I am almost certain are Russian trolls. But who can say for sure? How would you know unless they have "'Russian troll' tattooed on the back of their neck?"
Yep, like the posters who don't understand that we are not a Democracy but a Constitutional Republic or the posters who don't know how the EC works and think popular vote is the winner. There are many of those here and I agree, they MUST be Russian trolls.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:13 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Many are conflating BOTS and TROLLS. They are two very different things. There are many WEB sites out there that spell out the difference.

Here at CD we do get bots however, you, the average member, will rarely see them. We have an automated system in place that most often catches them before they make it to the open forum. Now trolls, on the other hand, do get through and are dealt with accordingly. You must remember, just because you may not like what someone posts it doesn't mean they are trolls. While some like to believe that there are long time, regular members that are Russian trolls, that is simply not the case. We DO have a way of "knowing."
Great, informative post.

To me, I guess it doesn't matter. If someone is just making up garbage and not supporting it or linking to the usual dishonest highly partisan websites we all know about then the vast vast majority of posters isn't going to believe them which leaves the extremists who would never change their minds.

I mean, if some troll\bot or otherwise confused individual really set out to post everywhere about how the moon actually IS made of cheese and the Wisconsin dairy lobbyists are covering it up...this isn't really going to impact general public opinion lol.

Lastly, a lot of posters here that have made my ever growing ignore list aren't trolls, they're just so bat-crap partisan they can't discuss ANYTHING reasonably. I have a relative like that, she's not a troll, she's actually serious and well probably has some mental health issues playing a part in that as well.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:21 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
None that I was able to recognize, no.
I really don't pay much attention to that kind of garbage anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies