Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 05:30 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
You're buying Fox News conspiracy theories.

Every attempt to introduce common sense gun legislation by citizens of the US will be thwarted by some new explanation. And the Russians will be right on it as well since they enjoy seeing Americans shoot other Americans. Works perfectly!
Nah, Fox News are minor league compared to Infowars, Benjamin Fulford, Henry Makow, etc....lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 05:35 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,728,615 times
Hogg, and his ilk, have simply seized upon an opportunity to build a lifelong career in championing social justice causes.

If he pulls this off the right way, we'll be seeing him pop up every time someone is "victimized" by someone that the left deems a hot button issue to further their agenda.......The young ones have seen this is where the money is.

CN

Old 02-21-2018, 05:39 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,399,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
What "gun lobby"? The right to keep and bear arms is a founding tenet of our nation. And according to the Constitution, it shall not be infringed.

The only "lobby" necessary, is one that prevents manipulation and usurpation of the US Constitution from enemies foreign and domestic.......Which one is the anti gun lobby?

CN
Quite the post.

You need to get your terms straight.

The "gun lobby" such as the NRA is protected under the 1st Amendment's right to free speech and right to assemble and not the 2d amendment.

The 2nd amendment, under the Supreme Court's Heller decision, was applied to individuals HOWEVER the decision was not carte blanche approval for individual ownership of every type of firearm as those decisions were left to the legislature.

Your narrative that the NRA or gun lobby protects us from invasion or manipulation is hogwash. They are the manipulators. Furthermore, your fear of a government coming for your weapons is pure Alex Jones conspiracy lunacy.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 02-21-2018 at 06:30 AM..

Old 02-21-2018, 05:42 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
So the government staged a heated argument between a surfer dude and a lifeguard and flew in a crisis actor to give a mundane interview to local television as part of some government plan to take away our boogie boards?
Far more believable than a teenager going on vacation.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:42 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
He is reportedly connected to the FBI. Not sure that they are crisis actors but very potentially picked to be influenced by gun-ban pushers.
His dad is a retired FBI man. That clearly paints him as a kid whose Dad is a retired FBI man. Nothing more. You conspiracy idiots take one or two things that you don't understand and then run with it when the other 99.9% of the story makes perfect sense if you were to pay attention.

It's sickening that people are trying to paint these kids as anything more than kids in a horrible situation just to fit your warped view of the world.

Here's more of David Hogg

https://heavy.com/news/2018/02/david...ifornia-video/

Old 02-21-2018, 05:47 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post

It's sickening that people are trying to paint these kids as anything more than kids in a horrible situation just to fit your warped view of the world.
More sickening is David Hogg might became a internet meme like some SJWs like Trigglypuff and Aids Skrillex and that's little beer compared to that tweet archived on the Wayback Machine. https://web.archive.org/web/20180221...39668474048513

Old 02-21-2018, 05:53 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post
I understanding that. But what are the odds? Statistically speaking, probably few and far between. Just seems odd.
So people can only be on TV once in their life? And if they're on TV more than once, then it's some type of evil conspiracy. By the way, he wants to be a journalist. Maybe he wants to be on TV.
Quote:
And there is the video of him rehearsing lines.
Don't know if you're ever been on TV, but people on TV are typically nervous. Even the on air talent goes over their lines. I had ten years time as a photojournalist and I worked with reporters who routinely screwed up their lines on "look lives." That's when we record in the field what looks live, but obviously isn't. For a photog, (Get it? Joe the Photog?) it's tedious standing there recording and rerecording the same person trying to get through the same lines. Oddly, most reporters do it better when they actually are live.

When we'd interview just ordinary people, they would routinely ask us if they could redo their lines. If I was doing the interview by myself, I would usually tell them they did fine. If they really stumbled over their words, I'd let them reanswer. Sometimes if they were really bad, I'd reask the question to let them reanswer. I'd never tell them they mucked it up the first time. Just ask the question in another way.
Quote:
I'm typically not the one to start a conspiracy theory but even after rewatching the Alisyn Cameroto, the keep looking towards the left of the screen, as if they are reading a script or being coached.
There probably was someone standing there. He was probably nervous and looking for reassurance. If this were a live interview where he's on he scene and the person asking the question is in a studio somewhere, the person on scene often doesn't know what's really going on with the live shot. They may have an IFB in their ear, but they are routinely not working or it's hard to hear the questions. Many times they are hearing teh questions but not might be hearing the director so they don't know when the interview is over. On the other hand, maybe they were hearing the director in their ear and it was throwing them off.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:56 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
We now live in an America where real-life survivors of horrible mass shootings now have to go on TV to assert they are not "crisis actors." Good job, America!

It's a bad day in America when victims are attacked by the opposite side of the political spectrum. The wrong side of the argument first claims the attacks aren't actually happening and the victims are "crisis actors." But when the survivors start speaking out against AR-15s and other similar guns, they're attacked for being misled by their parents or "indoctrinated" by folks for limiting some gun rights.

It's sickening actually.
When I saw the kids stand up and speak, I KNEW the alt-right would attack them mercilessly, and it is exactly what happened.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:58 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
And of the four million kids in Florida they just happened to pick him TWICE? Or is it more likely he's a shill the media brings out when they need one.
My kids have been in both local newspapers and on the local news several times through out their lives. Guess they're crisis actors too. My older son and I were even in a Maryland newspaper once because a photographer snapped our photo at a festival. We live in Pennsylvania!

Old 02-21-2018, 05:59 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,438,888 times
I've seen a few arguments that they're crisis actors...

But they're too interested in politics! Well where were you in high school? In many ways, high school and college is when a lot of us were paying the most attention because we had the time to dedicate to it. I read the paper cover to cover every day in high school, and regularly watched CSPAN, and I certainly wasn't the only one of my peers to do so. We had a high school teacher who would let us eat lunch in his classroom while he played CSPAN on the projector, and you'd have to get there early because the room would be packed full of 14-18 year olds wanting to watch the news. 9-5s, family obligations, and life can make it hard to stay quite as singularly engaged.

But they're too well spoken! Kids today grow up wanting to be YouTube stars, so many more are comfortable in front of the camera than ever before. The kids who are less well spoken and less confident are not coming forward to be the mouthpieces of the movement. Most are comfortable engaging with people on social media. With more than 3000 kids at the school, it's hard to imagine *not* finding ~10 who are confident, poised, and want to speak up.

But that one kid is rehearsing his lines! Wouldn't you practice before you were on TV? Lawd.

But they're not sad enough! There have been many people sharing photos of the kids smiling and laughing together. It's a similar tactic to what was pulled on the Sandy Hook parents - how dare they not be devastated at all times! Grief, especially shocking grief, is a weird thing. I had to call the police and was with them when they found one of my closest friend's bodies last month after no one had heard from her in a week. She died of the flu. It is a tremendous shock - and my response to finding her dead was to laugh. I feel like a sociopath, but that's the mind's way of protecting itself. It's been more than a month and I still haven't cried, haven't cried over ANYTHING which is unusual to me. I've smiled, laughed, joked around, which doesn't negate my sadness or trauma. Not all grief is someone sobbing nonstop in public.

But they're just out for fame! And? It's very common for people who have been through traumatic events to be champions for those causes. I found that having had cancer gives me gravitas to speak about the opinions I've held all along, and spent many years of survivorship speaking at oncology conferences, nursing conferences, and on TV about young adults with cancer. I was a shy, quiet person before this happened to me, but speaking about it gave me an element of control over something bad that happened to me and a way of turning it into a positive thing. You see this with parents who have lost children to drunk drivers or opioid addiction, people who have lost friends or family to suicide, people living with chronic illness, and, yes, people who have survived mass shootings. This is nothing new and no one is being exploited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies