Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2018, 05:59 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
We now live in an America where real-life survivors of horrible mass shootings now have to go on TV to assert they are not "crisis actors." Good job, America!

It's a bad day in America when victims are attacked by the opposite side of the political spectrum. The wrong side of the argument first claims the attacks aren't actually happening and the victims are "crisis actors." But when the survivors start speaking out against AR-15s and other similar guns, they're attacked for being misled by their parents or "indoctrinated" by folks for limiting some gun rights.

It's sickening actually.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/21/us/da...nse/index.html

He also denied letting his father, a former FBI agent, coach him to speak out against President Donald Trump --- an allegation that Donald Trump Jr. endorsed on Twitter.

SMH

No matter how we slice it, America is in a very bad place right now. When you have an idiot at the wheel, the ride isn't going to be a good one. Trump and his Trumpees love to turn everything around to make the other guy the bad guy, instead of being a man enough to accept any criticism or responsibility himself.

These kids are going to be voting pretty soon, and I bet a lot of them will not be the gun toting, gun loving crazies that their parents were. They are going to remember their classmates being slaughtered and will take those memories to the voting booth.

There is a shift happening in this country right now, and the NRA can fight it all they want, but there are going to be restrictions on the types of weapons Joe Average is able to possess. Pistols, rifles, and shotguns are ok, assault weapons need to go. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 06:01 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
All the "he's not a crisis actor" people can't seem to explain this away though..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyEAmcGnzq8
Is this the rehearsal video?

Ummmm....what is wrong with that? People rehearse before going live. That's completely normal.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Doesn't matter, right? The kid is either a student at the school or he isn't.
Quote:
vacation: noun
a period of suspension of work, study, or other activity, usually used for rest, recreation, or travel; recess or holiday:
Schoolchildren are on vacation now.
a part of the year, regularly set aside, when normal activities of law courts, legislatures, etc., are suspended.
freedom or release from duty, business, or activity.
an act or instance of vacating.
Vacation | Define Vacation at Dictionary.com

Quote:
airplane: noun
a heavier-than-air aircraft kept aloft by the upward thrust exerted by the passing air on its fixed wings and driven by propellers, jet propulsion, etc.
any similar heavier-than-air aircraft, as a glider or helicopter.
Airplane | Define Airplane at Dictionary.com

Quote:
transportation: noun
the act of transporting.
the state of being transported.
the means of transport or conveyance.
the business of conveying people, goods, etc.
price of travel or transport by public conveyance; fare.
tickets or permits for transport or travel.
banishment, as of a criminal to a penal colony; deportation.
Transportation | Define Transportation at Dictionary.com

Old 02-21-2018, 06:04 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,772 times
The only crisis actor is the reality tv star pretending to be our president.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:06 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
The only crisis actor is the reality tv star pretending to be our president.
I've seen him on the Apprentice AND Home Alone! Who is he... really? And why didn't he call Kevin's parents!?!

Old 02-21-2018, 06:24 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
So the kid is going to bat for his old man and trying to make a career move out of this tragedy. I hope he knows what he's getting himself into.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I've seen a few arguments that they're crisis actors...

But they're too interested in politics! Well where were you in high school? In many ways, high school and college is when a lot of us were paying the most attention because we had the time to dedicate to it. I read the paper cover to cover every day in high school, and regularly watched CSPAN, and I certainly wasn't the only one of my peers to do so. We had a high school teacher who would let us eat lunch in his classroom while he played CSPAN on the projector, and you'd have to get there early because the room would be packed full of 14-18 year olds wanting to watch the news. 9-5s, family obligations, and life can make it hard to stay quite as singularly engaged.

But they're too well spoken! Kids today grow up wanting to be YouTube stars, so many more are comfortable in front of the camera than ever before. The kids who are less well spoken and less confident are not coming forward to be the mouthpieces of the movement. Most are comfortable engaging with people on social media. With more than 3000 kids at the school, it's hard to imagine *not* finding ~10 who are confident, poised, and want to speak up.

But that one kid is rehearsing his lines! Wouldn't you practice before you were on TV? Lawd.

But they're not sad enough! There have been many people sharing photos of the kids smiling and laughing together. It's a similar tactic to what was pulled on the Sandy Hook parents - how dare they not be devastated at all times! Grief, especially shocking grief, is a weird thing. I had to call the police and was with them when they found one of my closest friend's bodies last month after no one had heard from her in a week. She died of the flu. It is a tremendous shock - and my response to finding her dead was to laugh. I feel like a sociopath, but that's the mind's way of protecting itself. It's been more than a month and I still haven't cried, haven't cried over ANYTHING which is unusual to me. I've smiled, laughed, joked around, which doesn't negate my sadness or trauma. Not all grief is someone sobbing nonstop in public.

But they're just out for fame! And? It's very common for people who have been through traumatic events to be champions for those causes. I found that having had cancer gives me gravitas to speak about the opinions I've held all along, and spent many years of survivorship speaking at oncology conferences, nursing conferences, and on TV about young adults with cancer. I was a shy, quiet person before this happened to me, but speaking about it gave me an element of control over something bad that happened to me and a way of turning it into a positive thing. You see this with parents who have lost children to drunk drivers or opioid addiction, people who have lost friends or family to suicide, people living with chronic illness, and, yes, people who have survived mass shootings. This is nothing new and no one is being exploited.
Excellent post.

Regarding grief, its a very strange thing. Often, when we are around others that grief gets tucked away. Things seem almost normal again...until they don't and you fall apart.

That's how it was for me when my father died. When we were all gathered at his house going through photos, you'd swear my dad was just in the next room for all the laughter and chatting going around. Then one of us would lose it "out of nowhere." Rinse and repeat.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:30 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
A talking head over the weekend made a very odd statement about the kids will have to deny taking money from George Soros for organizing marches like with BLM. It came across as a preemptive deflection. But after the revelations about those and the Charlottesville March, I think we should get a list of donors. Soros has a history of trying to forment social discord to capitalize on unrest and destabilizing economies.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:30 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Local government employee gets canned for claiming kids are crisis actors

Florida lawmaker

Old 02-21-2018, 06:32 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
https://youtu.be/UOTU-DLgOyI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies