Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 01:42 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,690,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
I'm seeing from the trending #TwitterLockout tag that tons of people, who all seem to be conservative, are having issues being locked out tonight. (I wasn't one of them, but,on the other hand, like many of them have also complained, I'm bleeding followers despite having more and more people following me.)

With the Veritas video, Senator Cruz needs to bring down the hammer on Twitler for their thought police actions. If they can be political, that makes them responsible for all the stuff ISIS and others do on their network according to the law.
Are you sure that all your followers are actually people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 01:44 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,491,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
It is a private business and private businesses can't defraud. Which is exactly what Twitter has done.
Exactly. What is offensive about this sort of behavior is not the banning of conservatives, the censoring of views that fail to conform to the rigid requirements of the Democrat left's "political correctness" thought and speech codes, or the overtly passive-aggressive refusal to even cover any story that defies the leftist narratives that these partisan media platforms are dedicated to promoting.

Rather, it is their flagrantly dishonest and hypocritical pretense at being either even-handed or in any way non-partisan with regards to their publishing or public relations standards. Many media companies, certainly including Twitter, are fundamentaly untrustworthy and dishonest, and need to be tagged as such.

The fastest and most realistic way for these companies to repair this breach that they have with the public trust is not to implausibly insist that they will treat everyone equally and fairly. LOL. What is needed is for them to come clean and openly identify themselves as the partisan leftist organizations that they are.

And then they can carry on, no harm, no foul.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:46 PM

18,986 posts, read 9,041,195 times
Quote:
They cheat. Not playing by their rules. We're in an all-out war for America and I intend to play dirty back.
What are you gonna do, Mongoose? Start your own platform and delete all the real people and just leave the bots? That'll show 'em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24
Really, really attached to those 'bot followers, huh?
So it would appear. They sure do love their Russian bots. All those phony followers give them a false impression of popularity. Kinda like middle school girls comparing "likes".

Poor babies.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:51 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,479,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Exactly. What is offensive about this sort of behavior is not the banning of conservatives, the censoring of views that fail to conform to the rigid requirements of the Democrat left's "political correctness" thought and speech codes, or the overtly passive-aggressive refusal to even cover any story that defies the leftist narratives that these partisan media platforms are dedicated to promoting.

Rather, it is their flagrantly dishonest and hypocritical pretense at being either even-handed or in any way non-partisan with regards to their publishing or public relations standards. Many media companies, certainly including Twitter, are fundamentaly untrustworthy and dishonest, and need to be tagged as such.

The fastest and most realistic way for these companies to repair this breach that they have with the public trust is not to implausibly insist that they will treat everyone equally and fairly. LOL. What is needed is for them to come clean and openly identify themselves as the partisan leftist organizations that they are.

And then they can carry on, no harm, no foul.

And of course this is all your opinion. Papa Johns advertises their pizza tastes great. I think it tastes like a sewer rats backside. Know what I do? I don't order it.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:51 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,615,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't label myself a liberal or conservative.

My followers were definitely cleaned up. As I mentioned in the post above, I use to spend time deleting the bots....but as quickly as you delete them hundreds more would show up. So I just stopped. I went from thousands of followers down to hundreds.....and I scanned quickly and it seems all those bots with eggs for picture or scantily clad women with names & lots of numbers are gone.

I suspect that many of those complaining had no clue that the followers were bot. One woman claims all her followers were taken but her account still shows the same number of followers -- i don't know what she's talking about.

That's the thing -- like that poor old lady -- they didn't even realize that some of the accounts they were following and had as followers were bots.

Shaking my head.
I don't engage in Twitter.

How does one distinguish between a bot and non- bot?

Old 02-21-2018, 01:54 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,615,875 times
Quote:
They cheat. Not playing by their rules. We're in an all-out war for America and I intend to play dirty back.
And Twitter is your tool?

Old 02-21-2018, 02:08 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,832,448 times
Quote:
I'm seeing from the trending #TwitterLockout tag that tons of people, who all seem to be conservative, are having issues being locked out tonight. (I wasn't one of them, but,on the other hand, like many of them have also complained, I'm bleeding followers despite having more and more people following me.)

With the Veritas video, Senator Cruz needs to bring down the hammer on Twitler for their thought police actions. If they can be political, that makes them responsible for all the stuff ISIS and others do on their network according to the law.
Y'all crack me up. All you manly men in here all like "My Twitter! They took my Twitter!"

Y'all Tweet? lol

Idn't that cute? *pinches cheeks*

Old 02-21-2018, 02:13 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,431,011 times
US Representative Devin Nunes misses the Russian Bots too.

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/02...vin-nunes.html

Nunes tweeted:
...PS-If you are a Russian Bot please make this go viral ....

Old 02-21-2018, 02:16 PM

30,226 posts, read 23,649,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I like that. Quit the Twit!

I also think it's funny that folks are getting mad that Twitter is weeding out the bots. SMH
Except that they aren't. All of those...what can you call them on this forum...er..."ladies of the night", we'll say, NONE of them have been purged. I have blocked many of them, but they still keep coming. They are still there. So no, it wasn't them "purging bots". If that were the case, none of those accounts would still exist. They specifically targeted Conservatives under the guise of 'purging bots'. I know some of the people on my account - like I know they are actual people. They are still restricted. They are not bots.

The liberals crying "Russian bot" every time someone says something that they don't like does not make people bots.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:18 PM

78,016 posts, read 60,232,230 times
I don't freakin' care what a private business decides to do about it's policies.

If you aren't happy with Twitter, Chick-Fil-A, CNN, Coca-Cola or your local dog-walker then just be a grown up and deal with it instead of crying about it like a snowflake.

Vote with your wallet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies