Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 12:20 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
So you want to say that 100 Russians on Facebook have more convincing power than CNN? And even so, what is the problem here? We can have real Nazis with swastikas marching in Jewish suburb, so we cannot tolerate 100 Russian trolls? Did we repeale 1A?
I didn't say that at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2018, 12:23 PM

8,497 posts, read 4,558,569 times
The woman is an idiot. Unwitting idiot, but idiot none the less.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:42 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,647,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Why aren't Undecided voters going to go on Facebook and to other social media websites, for information on political candidates.

We don't really know how much influence Russia's misinformation efforts had on the campaign, but we do know from this little old lady how much some people want to deny that they were influenced by Russian propaganda.
What I bolded is the main problem, though. We don't really know how much misinformation influenced anything. It's all just smoke and mirrors at this point and fingerpointing.

Like I said, if Hil wanted to win, she did everything in her power to lose on her own. Nothing to do with Russia. Hate or love Trump, the guy railed and campaigned everywhere in 2016. Hillary didn't because she thought she had it in the bag. At some point, we gotta stop pointing fingers at Russia and she has to look in the mirror at herself, and we have to move on. It's been over a year now.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
What I bolded is the main problem, though. We don't really know how much misinformation influenced anything. It's all just smoke and mirrors at this point and fingerpointing.

Like I said, if Hil wanted to win, she did everything in her power to lose on her own. Nothing to do with Russia. Hate or love Trump, the guy railed and campaigned everywhere in 2016. Hillary didn't because she thought she had it in the bag. At some point, we gotta stop pointing fingers at Russia and she has to look in the mirror at herself, and we have to move on. It's been over a year now.
I'm completely past Secretary Clinton losing. Moving on does not mean ignoring what Russia did. It has to be investigated and made known, and people need to be wary of Russian attempts to influence the next election.

Old 02-22-2018, 02:33 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,762 times
Quote:
I didn't say that at all.
So what is the problem here? Why Russians cannot influence on USA voters, and USA can influence on Ukraine, Russian or Israeli voters?

Old 02-22-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
So what is the problem here? Why Russians cannot influence on USA voters, and USA can influence on Ukraine, Russian or Israeli voters?
Please. I'm not arguing about USA interceding in other countries' elections. I'm pointing out that it is 100% legitimate to be concerned about American elections, about foreign influence, about misinformation, about the abuse of social media. Your defense of these things is on you.

Old 02-22-2018, 03:48 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
She should have thrown a hot fire cracker between his legs to get him to shut up.

Old 02-22-2018, 04:06 PM

44 posts, read 14,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Obviously the little old lady is more dangerous/has more influence.

You might be quite correct about that.
Don't **** off the old folks.
They go out to vote en masse.

Old 02-22-2018, 05:30 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,197 times
Quote:
Their methodology broke US laws.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:00 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,762 times
Quote:
Please. I'm not arguing about USA interceding in other countries' elections. I'm pointing out that it is 100% legitimate to be concerned about American elections, about foreign influence, about misinformation, about the abuse of social media. Your defense of these things is on you.
It's part of the game. It's the price for having an open society with freedom of speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies